Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A photo of your Squeezebox setup (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Waf!

Took a long time to figure it out (didn't have any AV on this floor of the house at all) - couldn't afford trial and error!
    Sounds pretty good too, although I'm no golden ears. Its primarily for ambience and entertaining, not 'listening'.
    The server-side still needs work for WAF, but I'm on track there too!
    Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
    WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
    http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/

Comment

You don't seriously mean to leave these fine speakers on the floor?

Comment

I know, I know - and why do I have a CD transport too? Speaker stands that meet the WAF is likely an almost insurmountable task - I'll probably have to invent a Klingon cloaking device!

Comment

Don't laugh! This is the squeezebox in one of our bedrooms. It's hooked up to a Sonic T-Amp and some Eltax Milennium Minis. The speakers aren't the best out there, but the system still sounds pretty good and is nice and compact.

Max
          Some people think the title of this song is irrelevant,
          but it's not irrelevant - it's a hippopotamus.

Comment

Originally posted by max.spicer
            Don't laugh! This is the squeezebox in one of our bedrooms. It's hooked up to a Sonic T-Amp and some Eltax Milennium Minis. The speakers aren't the best out there, but the system still sounds pretty good and is nice and compact.

Max
            I'm not laughing but...

I would imagine you have some pretty good sound absorption to eliminate rear reflections from the speakers there. :-D
            Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

Originally posted by max.spicer

Max
              What?!! No "Wild Things" stuffed animals?
              Regards,
              Jim

Comment

I really like it. If only the SB3 and the T-Amp were integrated....

Comment

King of the Hill

My SB3 has a good view of the living room.
                  Dave
                  Squeezeboxes: 3 (a.k.a. Classic), Duet, Boom

Comment

You can't really read the SB3 display in my last message, so...
                    Dave

Comment

Two things Dem,

where'd you change the message and how's your receiver staying cool?

Comment

Originally posted by nicketynick
                        I know, I know - and why do I have a CD transport too? Speaker stands that meet the WAF is likely an almost insurmountable task - I'll probably have to invent a Klingon cloaking device!
                        Your wife prefers speakers sitting on the floor? I think this is bad feng shui.
                        There are 10 kind of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.
                        ShinyMetal
                        Site| RSS |Forum

Comment

My Squeezebox setup

The receiver is a 1978 vintage Pioneer SX-1980 rated at 270 watts per channel RMS.

The speakers (not shown) are Vandersteen 2Cs along with a Vandersteen 2W powered subwoofer.

The Squeezebox is connected using the analog outputs (I plan to add an external DAC later) using Kimber PBJ interconnects.

Sounds fantastic!!!
                          "Audio Preservationist"
                          Specialized in Marantz Vacuum Tube Electronics

sigpic

Comment

In my defence, this is the only place in the house where there are any cuddly toys! It's the top of a wardrobe - that's where these things get shoved. I will admit to having a mini Max from Where The Wild Things Are though (of course!). Now you mention it, I've no idea where that's got to.

Max

Originally posted by Kyle
                            What?!! No "Wild Things" stuffed animals?
                            Some people think the title of this song is irrelevant,
                            but it's not irrelevant - it's a hippopotamus.

Comment

Originally posted by crooner
                              The receiver is a 1978 vintage Pioneer SX-1980 rated at 270 watts per channel RMS.
                              wow! that looks like an amazing reciever. you can't beat good quality vintage gear (my parents early '80s B&O music center is another good example)

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
                              In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Comment

Originally posted by notanatheist
                                Two things Dem,

where'd you change the message and how's your receiver staying cool?
                                I changed the message with the SlimServer Web Interface. You can find the documentation by clicking on the Technical Information link on the SlimServer main page.

The receiver can get a bit warm, but it's several inches deeper than the TiVos on top of it so it ventilates OK. Also, it has a fan which comes on if it gets too unhappy.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X