Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A photo of your Squeezebox setup (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunk View Post
    Shuggie has something curious on his speaker as well. My first thought was tweak, but now I'm thinking record clamp...
    Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm guessing Mpingo disk!

TD

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_durden View Post
      Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm guessing Mpingo disk!

TD
      Correct! I don't know how or why they work, but they do. That's as far as I will discuss the Mpingo discs, as I get tired of ranting objectivists!

Comment

Bolder digi mod SB3, Bel Canto DAC3, Bel Canto Ref1000's, Dynaudio Contour 3.0 Also Powerbook, itunes --> USB.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofcolin View Post
          Bolder digi mod SB3, Bel Canto DAC3, Bel Canto Ref1000's, Dynaudio Contour 3.0 Also Powerbook, itunes --> USB.
          What are those stands under SB and laptop. Looks terrific to me...

( SB3 >> Stello DA220MkII || SimAudio Nova CDP ) >> SimAudio Moon i-5 >> Revel Performa M20 bookshelf speakers monitors on Skylan stands via Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II and Acoustic Zen Satori

SB3 >> Audioengine 5

Comment

Originally posted by 325xi View Post
            I was about to ask the very same question.
            Two SB3's and a Transporter, SC running on my ReadyNAS Pro

What can I say, I'm a NAS Man! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 325xi View Post
              They're my Harbeth C7 speaker stands As the Harbeths are boxed and ready to be shipped to another apt, I thought I'd make use of the stands for now. They are made by a US company called Mapleshade and are made from solid pieces of maple. They are very heavy and do a great job of supporting the speakers. I think they also look very nice with the Squeezebox and laptop

Comment

Nice......

Originally posted by sonofcolin View Post
                They're my Harbeth C7 speaker stands As the Harbeths are boxed and ready to be shipped to another apt, I thought I'd make use of the stands for now. They are made by a US company called Mapleshade and are made from solid pieces of maple. They are very heavy and do a great job of supporting the speakers. I think they also look very nice with the Squeezebox and laptop

Wow, I checked out Mapleshade, and really like what they do, and I think they would get a high WAF, particularly the Bedrock series.
                Can anybody comment on their experience with this sort of stand, and anybody know of anybody else selling similar stands?
                Thanks!

Edit: did some more browsing around the mapleshade site - looks to me like there's some audiophilic snake-oil in there!
                Last edited by nicketynick; 2007-03-21, 18:33.
                Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
                WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
                http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/

Comment

Originally posted by nicketynick View Post

Edit: did some more browsing around the mapleshade site - looks to me like there's some audiophilic snake-oil in there!
                  It does appear that way, but in reality this is a very nice bunch of people to deal with and the owner (Pierre) is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to design and engineering. They offer a 30 day money back on their products so if it turns out to be snake oil you can send it back. If you read a little closer you will notice that they do back up their products with sound engineering principles.

They also have their own record label and produce a wide range of interesting music. These people really do enjoy what they do.

Comment

@sonofcolin

I just have to ask:

1) It's P9 isn't it? (Who cares for SBs with a deck like that)
                    2) You gave away the Harbeths for Dynaudios????

Tobi.

Comment

Tobi,

1. Yes, it's a p9. p9 plays vinyl, not digital files.
                      2. No, I still have the Harbeth's and they will be used in another system when it is setup.

Comment

My setup

Amplifier: Bladelius S-101
                        CD/SACD/DVD-A -player: Bladelius Freja
                        Network music player: Slim Devices Squeezebox 3
                        Speakers: Acapella Fort√ľne
                        Headphones: Sennheiser HD-600 Avantgarde & Koss Porta Pro (for portable use)
                        Radio: Tivoli Audio Model One
                        Speaker cables: Transparent MusicWave 2.4
                        Audio interconnects: Transparent MusicLink 1.0 & 1.5 (RCA)
                        Power cables: Hydrus
                        Power distribution block: Supra MD06-EU/SP
                        Audio rack: E&T Spider k60.3 & k60.4

My multipurpose listening room is only 5.5 x 4.0 meters, so it's a bit too small. Additional photos of my gear can be found here: http://www2.lut.fi/~vierimaa/kuvat/hifi/

Comment

SJV - Very impressive! Your room looks more like a manufacturers primary promotioonal photo than someones actual setup, well done! Shoot, I have a difficult enough time trying to keep my socks matched!

I went skiing in Levi 2 years ago, had a great time and met many very nice people, although I think I heard "It's Mintuu Time" a few times to many!
                          Last edited by Jetlag; 2007-03-22, 20:14.
                          Two SB3's and a Transporter, SC running on my ReadyNAS Pro

What can I say, I'm a NAS Man! ;)

Comment

Kitchen TEAC Photo

My TEAC and SB3 In the kitchen...

I think the TEAC sounds nearly as good as the bose wave but is half the price and 100x more attractive.

Comment

Apartment living...

... with a spouse who appreciates video more than audio.
                              I like it, you may not. I understand and respect that.

Comment

Some snapshots of my current setup:
                                Yamaha - Chario - MJ Acoustics - Squeezebox - Beresford

Comment

Working...
                                X