Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My UE Smart Radio won't connet to Internet

Hi,
    I changed router from a Dlink DIR 842 to a Deco mesh and now I can't get through to the Internet. It seems the UE Smart Radio is connected to the wifi but then I get the message that a Firewall or other mechanism seems to be blocking the connection. I've tried various things with the deco but can't get it to work at all!? Any clues what might be wrong? It seems I can't reset the Radio. Pressing Home doen's work at all...but it has been like that for a while....something changed with the mesh... I tried turning fast roaming off to no avail.
    /Mat

This does not specifically address your firewall/mechanism comment....

There are threads and posts all over this forum about issues with radios and wifi-6, but you probably already know this. I believe that the deco mesh employs wifi-6 but I have no experience with what options it might have to disable it, but you probably want it as you decided to upgrade your router

Other than changes to the router config (if possible) others have used solutions like wifi<>ethernet dongles like vonet (connected to ethernet port of your radio), repeaters/extenders, etc. I can point you to other threads if needed. From following allot of them, it appears there is no "magic bullet" solution for "fixing" the radio without adding other devices.

Two ways to reset the radio:

Press and hold power/home until the radio powers off to blank screen, press and hold '+', then press and hold power/home until splash screen appears, release both. Go through the setup steps...or...

On the radio settings->advanced->restore factory settings

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by anoldsqueezer View Post
      Hi,
      I changed router from a Dlink DIR 842 to a Deco mesh and now I can't get through to the Internet. It seems the UE Smart Radio is connected to the wifi but then I get the message that a Firewall or other mechanism seems to be blocking the connection. I've tried various things with the deco but can't get it to work at all!? Any clues what might be wrong? It seems I can't reset the Radio. Pressing Home doen's work at all...but it has been like that for a while....something changed with the mesh... I tried turning fast roaming off to no avail.
      /Mat
      Where are you seeing the message that a firewall or other mechanism is blocking the connection?

Verify your radio is speaking to the WAN. Switch to an Ethernet connection for testing; you will have to manually select the ethernet connection.
      Then Go to >settings>advanced>diagnostics>server info.

You should see an IP address for mysqueezebox.com.

Are you running the UE Smart Radio firmware on the UE Smart radio, or did you convert it the Logitech firmware?

As Jim noted the SB and UE Radios do not like the WiFi6 communication standard and if your router is using it, you will have nothing but trouble. However, when that problem happens you will get either a red or blue wifi icon.

Comment

Working...
      X