Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Squeezebox v3 - How to set up and activate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> 1. Why is there no clear statement by them of the level and duration of
    > support for the Squeezebox family of products?

Officially support has ended years ago. The confusion stems from the
    fact that they don't refuse to help, but sometimes try to.

I am working on my 4th SqueezeBox radio - Original died, #2 and #3 via eBay died. I got help from Logitech support in the past (years ago) in getting devices set up and connected ON MY ACCOUNT, not previous owners.

Finally, have a NEW Squeezebox v3 via eBay - it still has clear plastic covering the display. BUT, how do I get it set up in my account and activated? There is no "add player" functionality in mysqueezebox.com. I did factory reset several time, but if I try to connect to squeezenetwork, the SB screen just goes blank since it will not connect.

I placed a support call and got a ticket into Logi Support. But they have not been helpful. I gave them a video of the behavioir, the device MAC Address, AND I even gave them my mysqueezebox.com log in, hoping they would add my new player - my SB Radio and BOOM are active/connected. Please - any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

Hi Mike;

I can't give you advice that is specific to your player (sb 3 or classic), as I don't have one, but let me take a shot at a few things.

First, your radios that "died". It could possibly be that just the power supply (wall brick) died, which is common, and morte likely than the radio itself dying. They are cheap and available via ebay, amazon, etc. We can dig up the specs for them if you still have the radios.

Second, Logitech discontinued the sb line years ago. They are gracious enough to keep mysqueezebox.com (mysb.com) up and running, but it is no longer developed/improved. I say this because I would be surprised if the offer support for such old products.

Ok, to your device - are you running LMS (logitech media server, formerly slimserver) or running it off mysb.com? If you are running off lms you would need a separate "computer" like a PC, Mac, NAS, raspberry pi, etc. Knowing this would help us narrow down your problem

In case you didn't get it, the manual for your device is here: https://www.logitech.com/assets/3237...wnersguide.pdf I am noy sure it is the latest, but came from logitech, so it might at least be a good start.

Again, I am not familiar with the 3, but I would start with a factory reset, which is to disconnect the power, hold down the '+' on the remote when you reapply power. Then go through the whole setup again (see configuring squeezebox - page 7)

Also, here is a similar thread... https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Squeezebox-com

Start there

Jim

PS - yes, there is no "add player" in mysb.com. Your player is added to it when you connect to it. It is not removed when you disconnect, that's why there is a "delete player".

Comment

Trying to connect new Squeezebox to SqueezeNetwork

Thanks for the tips and thoughts. I am only trying to connect to the SqueezeNetwork. I have done the factory reset multiple times. I trigger "Connect to SqueezeNetwork", then get "Connecting to SqueezeNetwork" on display, but then the screen goes blank. Logitech support seems to be avoiding my support ticket.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Do you see correct network settings?
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Wireless setting but no connection to SqueezeNetwork

I have:

Brand New Squeezebox v3 (eBay 1 year ago; back up for my SB that was failing, and it did!)
            My local SSID
            IP address for Squeezebox: 192.168.1.xx
            Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
            Gateway: 192.168.1.1
            DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
            Slim Server: 0.0.0.0 (only want SqueezeNetwork)
            Wireless signal strength: 98%
            MAC address
            Host Name: Not Set
            Firmware version: 81 (Need access to SqueezeNetwork)

I trigger "Connect to SqueezeNetwork", then get "Connecting to SqueezeNetwork" on display, but then the screen goes blank. I assume that this is because SqueezeNetwork does not have this player as part of my or anyone else's account. So how to activate a NEW device into SqueezeNetwork? That is the big question.

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by glasmann View Post
              Logitech support seems to be avoiding my support ticket.
              Again, It would not surprising that they do not offer support on a product line discontinued over 10 years ago, and the SB3 being one of the oldest in the line.

I'll step aside and let Paul and others help, as I do not have a SB3. However, I would encourage you to try a new power supply on Radio #1, 2, 3 if you still have them.

Jim

Comment

I trigger "Connect to SqueezeNetwork", then get "Connecting to SqueezeNetwork" on display, but then the screen goes blank. I assume that this is because SqueezeNetwork does not have this player as part of my or anyone else's account. So how to activate a NEW device into SqueezeNetwork? That is the big question.
                It should register automatically, or prompt you to register. Is the IP configuration done manually, or by DHCP? Have you tried the Brightness button on your remote?...

Feel free to PM me the device's MAC address and I can see whether I find something on the server.
                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Livel of support for Squeezebox products, software, etc.by Logitech

To All:

I can understand Logitech not wanting to support too old products that they canned (how much is 'too' - I wonder).

But, I do not understand:
                  1. Why is there no clear statement by them of the level and duration of support for the Squeezebox family of products?
                  2. If they do not want to help me with the set up of a NEW Squeezebox v3, why do they not reply to ticket 9566163?
                  3. If they do not want to support this old family, why do they not pull the plug on mysqueezebox.com and Squeeze Network?

I am going to reply to their Support Survey email with these questions? Too late, they pulled the plug on the survey, so cannot reply. Convenient!

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

To All:

I can understand Logitech not wanting to support too old products that they canned (how much is 'too' - I wonder).

But, I do not understand:
                    1. Why is there no clear statement by them of the level and duration of support for the Squeezebox family of products?
                    2. If they do not want to help me with the set up of a NEW Squeezebox v3, why do they not reply to ticket 9566163?
                    3. If they do not want to support this old family, why do they not pull the plug on mysqueezebox.com and Squeeze Network?

I am going to reply to their Support Survey email with these questions? Too late, they pulled the plug on the survey, so cannot reply. Convenient!

Thanks,
                    Mike
                    I do not have answers for your questions, and I doubt that anyone else does (but I am accustomed to being proved wrong). It has to be frustrating to run into a brick wall of no support, but it's hardly unusual with products that have been discontinued more than ten years. I think it would be interesting to compare with other product lines that have been discontinued as long as the Squeezeboxes, to determine the industry standard for product afterlife support. It would also be interesting to see how many discontinued product lines are still supported by a forum and information site that is still paid for by the former manufacturer.

I am sure that some people here are glad you did not get to pose your questions to Logitech, since they are still using mysqueezebox.com and do not want the plug pulled!

Meanwhile, you have been offered help. I hope you have responded to Michael's offer by PM. That's your best bet for finding a solution to your issues.
                    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

Checked the MAC: no trace whatsoever.

I'd strongly suggest (as redrum did before) you do install LMS to get the SB set up. I'm not sure whether the outdated firmware is a problem or not. But LMS hopefully would simplify investigating the issue.
                      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by RobbH View Post

Meanwhile, you have been offered help. I hope you have responded to Michael's offer by PM. That's your best bet for finding a solution to your issues.
                        Nothing personal Mike, but I think you need to get over it. I have been in your shoes regarding support, contractors, etc (as I am sure we all have), and it's really best to find the path forward. Robb is right, it's Michael.

I think you are hung up on "NEW" but you bought it on ebay, not a retailer that Logitech sold to. I think what you have is new in box, something that has been floating around. I think its great that you have a real nice piece of equipment in perfect shape....now lets get it working

Imagine if you can a company hiring and maintaining support staff, and them being able to support a product line that has not been in production for 10 years. I guess they would have to refer to the guy that has been there 15+ years and he would have to remember something from 10 years ago. Not likely. But then you have Michael and he remembers everything

Jim

Comment

Before I even knew about this forum, I bought a second-hand SB3 Classic that had the same problem. I opened a ticket with Logitech support and received helpful assistance within 24 hours, no problem, and was able to register the unit on mysqueezebox.com immediately after receiving the assistance.

-Eric

Comment

Working...
                          X