X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threej View Post
    Kev

Thanks for helping. All is fine until this command:

# mv -f /etc/wlanpoke-main/* /etc/wlanpoke (move unpacked files from wlanpoke-main sub directory to wlanpoke)

#
    OK just looking at it now...

Arggghh!! Sorry, that line should read:

# mv -f /etc/wlanpoke/wlanpoke-main/* /etc/wlanpoke

I've corrected my notes and my post above

Kev
    Last edited by KeBul; 2022-07-07, 21:40.

Comment

Vonets to the rescue

First, thanks to all who offered advice.

Had no luck, repeatedly, with a wlanpoke install and decided that Vonets was a more productive path for my skilll set.
      Two Vonets VAP11G_300 units have given me fully functioning Radios again.
      I will likely add two more for my other pair.

In order to use them outdoors as stereo pairs far from an electrical outlet, I also purchased two power banks: https://tinyurl.com/yunrz78u
      Each has a pair of 12V outlets that take the same plug as a Boom or Radio. A pair of six-foot male-male cords I bought make the connections and allow good stereo separation.

I tested a single power bank with a pair of Booms -- if the power bank's readout is accurate, the pair would run about 21 hours.
      I didn't try more than a few hours, but the supply's battery readout showed just a few percent of capacity used.
      I expect each bank will easily supply sufficient juice to run Radios through the Vonets devices for longer than I'd ever need.

Comment

Cool,

Glad you're sorted, shame you couldn't get wlanpoke working, but the Vonets is an excellent solution for the SBRs wifi issues.

Kev

Comment

Vonets has worked great for me for almost 2 years now.

When i listen outside, I’ve resorted to a Bluetooth speaker (PiCorePlayer)
          BT distance is limited though
          Last edited by Tony T; 2022-07-13, 14:40.
          Tony
           SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

Originally posted by KeBul View Post
            Cool,

Glad you're sorted, shame you couldn't get wlanpoke working, but the Vonets is an excellent solution for the SBRs wifi issues.

Kev
            So, how does the Vonets unit connect? Can the SB Radio power supply plug into the Vonets, and then pass power through to the Radio as well as powering the Vonets, or will this require another cord? It looks like the Vonets has a barrel power out plug a that can take a USB via adapter.

The RJ45 obviously plugs into the ethernet jack on the Radio.

I will appreciate the clarification.

Thank you,

~dk
            Four SBR(one 'original' and three 'improved' UEs)
            Boom with Yamaha sub
            One SB2 in the workshop
            Vintage Crosley cabinet housing PiCore, amp and speakers. Great 1940s vibe!
            Rpi 3 runs LMS; music stored on NAS

Comment

Originally posted by dkfackler View Post
              So, how does the Vonets unit connect? Can the SB Radio power supply plug into the Vonets, and then pass power through to the Radio as well as powering the Vonets…
              ~dk
              Yes.
              See also https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post932270
              (Where I learned of Vonets)
              Last edited by Tony T; 2022-07-17, 15:50.
              Tony
               SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

Vielen dank!!!

Many many thanks for the simplified MacOs instructions. I first came across the main thread, and could have probably worked from there (reasonably tech literate, although I was having problems first just ssh-ing into my first radio), but the corrected instructions were just great - just copy and paste.

My three radios are no longer glorified clocks. This has helped save my sanity, and thankfully the madness only lasted a few days until I properly googled and checked the forums here.

Unfortunately the interference from the new neighbour's new wifi 6 router is strong, so I will have to find a 'better' solution but this works for now (perhaps 3 dropouts an hour...).

Comment

Working...
                X