Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

piCorePlayer - squeezelite is not running

Hello

I 'm trying for days now to find a solution for a problem I ran into with piCorePlayer (4.0.0) and Raspberry pi (raspberry pi 3 model B V1.2) with a hifiberry dac+ .

It ran smoothly for a few days, but then it stopped working. Picoreplayer displays the message "Squeezelite is not running". I tried several fresh installs of pCP on the pi, installed it on another pi, disabled my firewall, tried older versions of pCP, bought a new microSD ... but nothing seems work.

My pi is connected with eth0 to my network. My LMS server is on the same network; it uses wifi. But all this was the same when it still worked.

Can someone help me? I would be really grateful!

Thanks a lot!

fagus

If squeezelite doesn't start, that is normally because the selected output does not exist.

On the squeezelite page, expand the more> but the Output setting field. What is listed in the "Available output devices"?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

Okay thanks. But it used to run. Maybe somethings wrong with my hifiberry ...
      fagus

Comment

piCorePlayer - squeezelite is not running - available output devices

attached is the image showing the output devices ...
        thanx
        fagus
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fagus View Post
          attached is the image showing the output devices ...
          thanx
          fagus
          I don't know if the problem is here, but all my pi's have some flavour of HiFiBerry HAT DAC, and is listed as an available output device. Yours doesn't show this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	berry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1565340
          Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
          Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
          Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Just solved the same or similiar issue

I spent much time with the same or similar issue while troubleshooting a stuttering output on what was formerly an awesome sound kit.

What I had done was click the Card Control button for the HifiBerry DAC+ (and Pro, AMP2) and unchecked the button/flag for Enable/Disable built-in audio. When this flag was unchecked there was nothing I could do to get past the "Squeezelite is not running" issue. Ok, not fully true, the only way I could get Squeezelite to run and for it to appear as an output option in PiCorePlayer was to SSH into the Pi3B+/AMP2 node and manually launch Squeezlite.

After retracing all my steps, I re-checked the option to Enable built-in audio and voilà , Squeezlite would run and my pi3B+/AMP2 node was now visible as an output device in Squeezelite-X and Squeezer on my Android phone.

I repeated the events that caused the RPi3B+/Amp2 Squeezlite not running and was able to repeat the symptoms. So...make sure that check-box for built-in audio is activated!

Now.....why on earth would that cause such an issue?

Best to all.

Originally posted by fagus View Post
            Hello

I 'm trying for days now to find a solution for a problem I ran into with piCorePlayer (4.0.0) and Raspberry pi (raspberry pi 3 model B V1.2) with a hifiberry dac+ .

It ran smoothly for a few days, but then it stopped working. Picoreplayer displays the message "Squeezelite is not running". I tried several fresh installs of pCP on the pi, installed it on another pi, disabled my firewall, tried older versions of pCP, bought a new microSD ... but nothing seems work.

My pi is connected with eth0 to my network. My LMS server is on the same network; it uses wifi. But all this was the same when it still worked.

Can someone help me? I would be really grateful!

Thanks a lot!

fagus

Comment

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I did not see any other newer one that resonate well with my question. My picoreplayer fails to restart when my external amp is off. I believe this is aligned with what is discussed in this thread. Should I force audio output to my raspberry line out to ensure it is able to boot? thanks!!

Comment

How is your amp connected to your RPi ?
                If USB then there is a way to script things so that Squeezelite is run when the USB device is detected.
                It is possibly buried in a thread somewhere here - but worth checking the pCP documentation site just in case it has been imported to there.
                Paul Webster
                Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

See https://docs.picoreplayer.org/projec...-from-usb-dac/
                  Paul Webster
                  Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                  and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Thanks Paul!!! I'm just done following the article. I appreciate you taking the time to find it!

Let me ask you something, to confirm if my understanding is correct. If my DAC is powered off and I start squeezelite, it will fail to start because my DAC won't be found and it will remain in that state. However, with the steps that I just followed, once my DAC comes back on, squeezelite will reboot on its own and it will then find the DAC. Is this so?

thanks again!

Comment

Assuming the script works ... Squeezelite will be automatically restarted when the USB DAC is powered on.
                      Paul Webster

Comment

Working...
                      X