Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Duet keeps asking me to install LMS 8.0.1 but I'm already using 8.3.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My Duet keeps asking me to install LMS 8.0.1 but I'm already using 8.3.0

    Whenever I run LMS 8.3.0, my Duet repeatedly tries to get me to install 8.0.1. I have found a way to back out of that menu, but later, when I perform some other function or make some other choice, it will come back and ask me again. Is there a way to make it stop?

    #2
    When ever I have seen the controller of the duet ask for a software upgrade, it's for the controller itself, not LMS. But the version number you list doesn't seem to jive

    do this, on your controller go to settings->advanced->software update. Your current firmware should be listed. Mine is 7.8.0 R16739. I think this is the latest. Below that there should be a prompt to update with version xxxx. If the two versions match, you are up to date. If they don't, I think that is why the controller keeps bugging you

    firmware for the receiver is 77.

    Jim

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Redrum View Post
      When ever I have seen the controller of the duet ask for a software upgrade, it's for the controller itself, not LMS. But the version number you list doesn't seem to jive

      do this, on your controller go to settings->advanced->software update. Your current firmware should be listed. Mine is 7.8.0 R16739. I think this is the latest. Below that there should be a prompt to update with version xxxx. If the two versions match, you are up to date. If they don't, I think that is why the controller keeps bugging you

      firmware for the receiver is 77.

      Jim
      Settings>Advanced>Software Update just brings up the same request to update; it doesn't show the current version. However: I was able to find the current version by going to Help>Diagnostics>General Info; there it states Firmware Version and lists 8.0.1 r16855. Since it wants me to update to 8.0.1 r16862, I'm going to go ahead with it.

      Thanks! I'll let you know if anything else goes on.

      Comment


        #4
        sure, let us know if it stops bugging you It seems like it wants you to update from ~855 to ~862.

        funny, I went to settings-advanced-diagnostics-general info and it lists my firmware as 7.8.0. ??? who knows, maybe there is different gen hardware.

        Jim

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Redrum View Post
          sure, let us know if it stops bugging you It seems like it wants you to update from ~855 to ~862.

          funny, I went to settings-advanced-diagnostics-general info and it lists my firmware as 7.8.0. ??? who knows, maybe there is different gen hardware.

          Jim
          This is Community Firmware he is talking about. There is a plugin which allows you to install it instead of version 7.8.

          Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
          Bedroom: Radio
          Bathroom: Radio

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
            This is Community Firmware he is talking about. There is a plugin which allows you to install it instead of version 7.8.

            Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            ahhhhh...makes sense. I barely use my controllers and took a "if it aint broke dont fix it" approach. Does it do anything for the controller I should consider? I also haven't used it for touches and radios.

            Jim

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Redrum View Post
              ahhhhh...makes sense. I barely use my controllers and took a "if it aint broke dont fix it" approach. Does it do anything for the controller I should consider? I also haven't used it for touches and radios.

              Jim
              No real benefit for the Controller. For me the Radio benefits most and I don't get bass drop outs any more. If you have never experienced them you have been very lucky.

              Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
              Bedroom: Radio
              Bathroom: Radio

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                .If you have never experienced them you have been very lucky.
                or severely frequency limited hearing... Thanks

                Jim

                Comment

                Working...
                X