Menus on SB Controller Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus on SB Controller Screen

I recently signed up for a premium account on jazzgroove.org which entitles me to straight music streaming with no talk. This requires that I insert a special URL into my Duet system using MSB.com as described on the jazzgroove.org website. (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I5bAC7rK4/edit) That instruction says to paste the URL into the appropriate box on the remote control window>Internet Radio>Tune in URL. When I follow this procedure I first note that my SB Controller does not have an Internet Radio Menu item in its list and that the Internet Radio item in the Home menu list on the MSB.com player control window is greyed out. Thus following this procedure seems to do nothing.

Net result is I can't get this URL location into my Controller menu and can't benefit from the available stream. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Originally posted by greywing View Post
    I recently signed up for a premium account on jazzgroove.org which entitles me to straight music streaming with no talk. This requires that I insert a special URL into my Duet system using MSB.com as described on the jazzgroove.org website. (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I5bAC7rK4/edit) That instruction says to paste the URL into the appropriate box on the remote control window>Internet Radio>Tune in URL. When I follow this procedure I first note that my SB Controller does not have an Internet Radio Menu item in its list and that the Internet Radio item in the Home menu list on the MSB.com player control window is greyed out. Thus following this procedure seems to do nothing.

Net result is I can't get this URL location into my Controller menu and can't benefit from the available stream. Anyone have any recommendations ?
    Do you want to add the URL to your Controller or the Receiver?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

I'm not sure why the "Internet Radio" item is greyed out on your MSB account, seems fine on mine. (pics below).

If you run LMS then try pasting the URL into the Tune-in menu item there. (3rd pic)

Click image for larger version

Name:	remotecontrol01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1573993

Name:	remotecontrol02.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1573994

Name:	remotecontrol03.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1573995
      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Amendment to Original post

When in MSB.com and clicking Remote Control, the resulting window does not show my SB Player (Living Room) when I click "Current Player". It does show when I click "Players" from the main screen although it shows as "Not Connected".

Comment

When in MSB.com and clicking Remote Control, the resulting window does not show my SB Player (Living Room) when I click "Current Player". It does show when I click "Players" from the main screen although it shows as "Not Connected".
          Do you normally use MYSB.com to play JazzGroove or LMS?

Please answer.
          Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
            I'm not sure why the "Internet Radio" item is greyed out on your MSB account, seems fine on mine. (pics below).

If you run LMS then try pasting the URL into the Tune-in menu item there. (3rd pic)

[ATTACH]36584[/ATTACH]
            Actually, that's what I did, but no joy. Internet Radio looks the same on MSB as what you show (image seems greyed out). It just doesn't exist on the SB Controller screen as a menu item so I have no way to select it on the controller. I assume nothing has happened when I enter the URL

Comment

Do you normally use MYSB.com to play JazzGroove or LMS?

Please answer.
              No. Just the controller.

Comment

No. Just the controller.
                C'mon, don't be funny.

Your Squeezebox receiver must be connected to either LMS running on a computer on your network, or mysqueezebox.com.

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

C'mon, don't be funny.

Your Squeezebox receiver must be connected to either LMS running on a computer on your network, or mysqueezebox.com.
                  SB Receiver is hardwired to my network. LMS is running but I do not run MSB.com. My music listening is principally from the internet.

Comment

SB Receiver is hardwired to my network. LMS is running but I do not run MSB.com. My music listening is principally from the internet.
                    On the LMS web UI go to Home > Music > Tune in URL (as in my picture earlier) paste the URL you've been given from Jazzgroove and press the play button alongside it.

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

On the LMS web UI go to Home > Music > Tune in URL (as in my picture earlier) paste the URL you've been given from Jazzgroove and press the play button alongside it.
                      OK, thanks. I now have the URL playing through the system. My problem is that I don't see any menu item on the SB controller from which I can select this URL from a cold start just from the controller. I don't want to have to go to my computer every time I want to listen to this stream. Is there a way to insert a menu item on the controller for this stream?

Comment

OK, thanks. I now have the URL playing through the system. My problem is that I don't see any menu item on the SB controller from which I can select this URL from a cold start just from the controller. I don't want to have to go to my computer every time I want to listen to this stream. Is there a way to insert a menu item on the controller for this stream?
                        LMS web UI > Favourites > click the pencil icon alongside > scroll down to the bottom > Click "New Favourite" > paste the Jazzgroove URL in the URL box, give it a name in the "Name" box, click save.

On your controller go to > Home > Favourites > you should see the favourite you've just made. Select it and play it.

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

LMS web UI > Favourites > click the pencil icon alongside > scroll down to the bottom > Click "New Favourite" > paste the Jazzgroove URL in the URL box, give it a name in the "Name" box, click save.

On your controller go to > Home > Favourites > you should see the favourite you've just made. Select it and play it.
                          Works a treat. Thanks much. LMS is not a user friendly program. I appreciate your inputs.

Comment

Works a treat. Thanks much. LMS is not a user friendly program. I appreciate your inputs.
                            Good to hear.

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Not many programs are truly user friendly. The trick is to remember a feature once you've found it and that isn't always easy. That's why this forum is so useful [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                              Bedroom: Radio
                              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X