Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ID3v1 tags

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Resurrecting this thread. Is there a way to have LMS completely ignore id3v1 tags?

    Comment


      #17
      Why not just delete them. You can do this in a batch manner in mp3tag. A couple of clicks and they are all gone, leaving the ID3v2.3 or 2.4 tags.
      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
      Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
      The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
      Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
        Resurrecting this thread. Is there a way to have LMS completely ignore id3v1 tags?
        I'm guessing you did as @garym suggested from what you posted in the other thread in the Logitech Media Server section.
        Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
        Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
        Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
        Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by garym View Post
          Why not just delete them. You can do this in a batch manner in mp3tag. A couple of clicks and they are all gone, leaving the ID3v2.3 or 2.4 tags.
          Originally posted by w3wilkes View Post
          I'm guessing you did as @garym suggested from what you posted in the other thread in the Logitech Media Server section.
          From that thread, I was having an issue with random mix playing tracks from non-selected genres. As @garym (and others) suggested, removing id3v1 tags seems to have fixed the issue for me, but I"m still a little baffled as to why that fixes the problem, because I had no genre information encoded in the problematic mp3/id3v1 tags, and LMS presented the music with seemingly accurate track/genre library info?

          I have my music on a network storage device (nas); it's not a terribly large library, some ~15K tracks, but loading all of them into mp3tag from a networked computer, and then using mp3tag filters to find the mp3's, was not practical for me (have flac/mp4/mp3 files, and don't really know what % of the total library are mp3). So I ended up manually finding the subset mp3's to manipulate in mp3tag. This got me thinking if there's a way for LMS to simply ignore these problematic tags altogether.

          Is there a way to open a networked folder in mp3tag, and only load the *.mp3's?
          Last edited by SAL9K; 2022-05-05, 18:15.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
            Is there a way to open a networked folder in mp3tag, and only load the *.mp3's?
            Search the folder for *.mp3, then drag the results onto Mp3tag main window.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
              Is there a way to open a networked folder in mp3tag, and only load the *.mp3's?
              It looks like you already posted over in the MP3Tag forums and have an answer from MotleyG for how to just get the MP3 files from your library.
              I would like to batch remove id3v1 tags from mp3's stored on a network drive. I have a mixture of FLAC/MP4/MP3 files, some 15K music files in total. It is not practical more me to load then entire 15K library into mp3tag, and then subsequently filter out the mp3's. The networked drive is mapped to macos via SMB. Is it possible to open a top-level networked music folder, and have mp3tag only load the mp3's that contain id3v1 tags?

              I tested this method and it works fine.

              EDIT: I see that you're on a Mac. Didn't know it was unable to do a specific type search like "*.mp3" like can be done in Windows File Explorer.
              Last edited by w3wilkes; 2022-05-05, 18:37.
              Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
              Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
              Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
              Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by w3wilkes View Post
                It looks like you already posted over in the MP3Tag forums and have an answer from MotleyG for how to just get the MP3 files from your library.
                I would like to batch remove id3v1 tags from mp3's stored on a network drive. I have a mixture of FLAC/MP4/MP3 files, some 15K music files in total. It is not practical more me to load then entire 15K library into mp3tag, and then subsequently filter out the mp3's. The networked drive is mapped to macos via SMB. Is it possible to open a top-level networked music folder, and have mp3tag only load the mp3's that contain id3v1 tags?

                I tested this method and it works fine.

                EDIT: I see that you're on a Mac. Didn't know it was unable to do a specific type search like "*.mp3" like can be done in Windows File Explorer.
                Yes, I'm on macOS. macOS maps the nas drive over SMB (smb://hostname//foldername), as far as I can tell smb mapped drives are not indexed, or searchable in macOS. I need to find a way to index smb network shares, or dust off an old windows laptop I have and try that.

                Do you see why I'm asking now if LMS can just ignore id3v1; kicking that can down the road, lol.

                I might also blanket remove mp3's from LMS, via "File Types"->"Disabled Audio File Extensions", and be done with this chapter of my life lol. My mp3's are very old files from god knows where (even amazon mp3 purchases have id3v1 tags!); over the last couple of years, with cheap, ample storage options, I've been much more diligent by going flac/mp3tag/dbpoweramp.
                Last edited by SAL9K; 2022-05-05, 18:58.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Apesbrain View Post
                  Search the folder for *.mp3, then drag the results onto Mp3tag main window.
                  agree. And once you load your music folder into mp3tag you can filter (I recall at bottom of screen) for mp3. In options, tag settings, select read from ID3v1 and ID3v2, and APE. Then set WRITE to only ID3v2.3. And DELETE to all but ID3v2.3.

                  back to sorted mp3 files, select them all, then select the big red X in the menu along the top.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by garym View Post
                    agree. And once you load your music folder into mp3tag you can filter (I recall at bottom of screen) for mp3. In options, tag settings, select read from ID3v1 and ID3v2, and APE. Then set WRITE to only ID3v2.3. And DELETE to all but ID3v2.3.

                    back to sorted mp3 files, select them all, then select the big red X in the menu along the top.
                    I have no problem removing the id3v1 tags in mp3tag, the issue is how to efficiently find and load mp3's in a sea of other *networked* flac/mp4/mp3. Unfortunately, there's no easy "just search for mp3" with an smb mapped share in macos. Still sleuthing/googling for a good solution to this, and will report back if I find it.
                    Last edited by SAL9K; 2022-05-05, 18:55.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Can you map the NAS as a network drive. If so it is easy to point mp3tag at that mapped drive, filter on mp3, then done, all with a couple of mouse clicks.
                      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                      Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                      The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                      Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
                        Yes, I'm on macOS. macOS maps the nas drive over SMB (smb://hostname//foldername), as far as I can tell smb mapped drives are not indexed, or searchable in macOS. I need to find a way to index smb network shares, or dust off an old windows laptop I have and try that.

                        Do you see why I'm asking now if LMS can just ignore id3v1; kicking that can down the road, lol.

                        I might also blanket remove mp3's from LMS, via "File Types"->"Disabled Audio File Extensions", and be done with this chapter of my life lol. My mp3's are very old files from god knows where (even amazon mp3 purchases have id3v1 tags!); over the last couple of years, with cheap, ample storage options, I've been much more diligent by going flac/mp3tag/dbpoweramp.
                        Originally posted by garym View Post
                        Can you map the NAS as a network drive. If so it is easy to point mp3tag at that mapped drive, filter on mp3, then done, all with a couple of mouse clicks.
                        Yes, the drive is mapped (via SMB), and as far as I know is not indexed (or searchable) in this manner on macos. I'll try my windows computer this weekend, SMB is a microsoft thing, so perhaps Win 10 can search for *.mp3 on mapped/network drives.

                        The networked synology NAS I use for music storage also has AFP/NFS services, but I settled on SMB as that is (most) widely supported by Windows/Mac/Linux (minus file indexing on macOS).
                        Last edited by SAL9K; 2022-05-05, 19:08.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Yes, should work on windows. I’ve not used Mac.
                          Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                          Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                          Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                          The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                          Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                          Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
                            Win 10 can search for *.mp3 on mapped/network drives.
                            Yes it can.

                            Also in MP3Tag you can do this from View -> filter -> then type ".mp3" (without quotes) and it should filter out all but the MP3 files.
                            Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
                            Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
                            Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
                            Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Aha, it is possible to find/filter just mp3's in both macos finder, and mp3tag.

                              In mp3tag, File->Open, select the folder to search, and in the search box use "kind:mp3", which is the macos finder keyword for finding only the mp3 files! It's possible, but when I do this, my macbook fans spin up , mp3tag stalls, and I get the macos spinning balloon ball of stalled death, too many mp3's! At least it's possible, however.

                              Actually, this times out in mp3tag (must have a built-in max timer to allow searches), so it fails from within mp3tag. In macos's finder, however, the search does produce only mp3's, it takes forever, and apparently 16GB of RAM is not enough to drag/drop the results into mp3tag.

                              For me, finder produces 5541 mp3's.
                              Last edited by SAL9K; 2022-05-05, 22:56.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by SAL9K View Post
                                Aha, it is possible to find/filter just mp3's in both macos finder, and mp3tag.

                                In mp3tag, File->Open, select the folder to search, and in the search box use "kind:mp3", which is the macos finder keyword for finding only the mp3 files! It's possible, but when I do this, my macbook fans spin up , mp3tag stalls, and I get the spinning macos spinning balloon ball of stalled death, too many mp3's! At least it's possible, however.

                                Actually, this times out in mp3tag (must have a built-in max timer to allow searches), so it fails from within mp3tag. In macos's finder, however, the search does produce only mp3's, it takes forever, and apparently 16GB of RAM is not enough to drag/drop the results into mp3tag.

                                For me, finder produces 5541 mp3's.
                                odd. In windows In the past I’ve loaded up 50,000 mp3 files and done a batch edit with a 16 GB machine. 5541 files should be nothing for mp3tag. But perhaps doing all this across your internal network is the problem.
                                Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                                Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                                Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                                The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                                Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                                Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X