Harmonising online library tags with own library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmonising online library tags with own library

Having had Qobuz for a while now, I've stopped buying CDs, but I have never got to a satisfactory position with combining the libraries.

I like to have my music shown as "Roy Cocker" but sorted lastname, firstname, so in that case under "C". I have achieved this by using the artistsort and albumsort tags on my own library, and it's been fine.

For Qobuz, up until recently I have been able to use "new music", but now that is out of control. There are so many albums in my Qobuz lists that it's all over the place.

What are people doing about this? Do I just have to give up on sorting by last name? Is there a way to create a "dummy" artist with no album, what tells the server where to sort it?

What I would like is a simple file, like a CSV file, that I could edit and that would have "artist name" and "file under". So I would have "Joe Cocker,Cocker Joe" etc. Possible?
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC, UPNP/DLNA bridge, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sixtant, Heybrook Sextet
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

Originally posted by adamslim View Post
    Having had Qobuz for a while now, I've stopped buying CDs, but I have never got to a satisfactory position with combining the libraries.

I like to have my music shown as "Roy Cocker" but sorted lastname, firstname, so in that case under "C". I have achieved this by using the artistsort and albumsort tags on my own library, and it's been fine.

For Qobuz, up until recently I have been able to use "new music", but now that is out of control. There are so many albums in my Qobuz lists that it's all over the place.

What are people doing about this? Do I just have to give up on sorting by last name? Is there a way to create a "dummy" artist with no album, what tells the server where to sort it?

What I would like is a simple file, like a CSV file, that I could edit and that would have "artist name" and "file under". So I would have "Joe Cocker,Cocker Joe" etc. Possible?
    Unfortunately Qobuz has no concept of artist sort. Joe Cocker is Joe Cocker and that’s it.

That said I don’t think any of the Online Music streaming services are any different so don’t blame Qobuz per se.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

Working...
    X