Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flac always restart from 00:00

Hello All,
    I converted a radio podcast to Flac with VLC, it is a single trak of 4 hours.
    It plays nicely with Rhythmbox, and I am able to move around the playback bar as I want.
    However, after I moved the file to the MyMusic folder, it will play from my Squeezeboxes, but each time I pause, it will restart from the beginning, and I am no more able to move around the playback bar.
    Am I missing something?
    what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for your advice,
    -Gian
    Madamina, il catalogo è questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 22.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Buster on Arm7

Are the sample size and sample rate in the flac file compatible with the player ?
    Does the flac header of the file have the proper file duration ?

Comment

Originally posted by bpa View Post
      Does the flac header of the file have the proper file duration ?
      I think that you got it right, I tried to trim the file, and got a message such as "file duration not correct" or "unknown".

But Rhythmbox plays it without problem...
      Madamina, il catalogo è questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 22.4 LTS server
      country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Buster on Arm7

Comment

Originally posted by gian View Post
        I think that you got it right, I tried to trim the file, and got a message such as "file duration not correct" or "unknown".

Maybe try converting the file with Foobar 2000 instead.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Rhythmbox and LMS are different.

Rhythmbox decodes the flac and plays the Flac file itself.
          LMS streams undecoded Flac to a player - for LMS to know which byte offset within flac file to start the sending as a stream to player - LMS must know the file duration.

Comment

Thanks bpa for pointing me in the right direction,

and thanks slartibartfast too,

in the end, this is what fixed the issue:

ffmpeg -i input.flac -c:v copy -c:a flac output.flac

Comment

Thanks bpa for pointing me in the right direction,

and thanks slartibartfast too,

in the end, this is what fixed the issue:

ffmpeg -i input.flac -c:v copy -c:a flac output.flac
              The "-c:v " is odd/extraneous as that is for copying video ?

Comment

Originally posted by bpa View Post
                The "-c:v " is odd/extraneous as that is for copying video ?
                I guess you are right, I copied the code from another page without bothering to check the syntax

Comment

Working...
                X