Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeezebox Won't connect to MySqueezebox.com (a different flavour)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> Thanks. The link from the LMS did appear to be ok, it is just the Boom
    > that refuses to connect to mysqueezebox.

Ah, right. I see that last day it was connected was the 26th - the day
    before you posted here.

> I am not sure what I can alter in the boom's software/settings to get it
    > to connect.

Just saw that bpa asked the right questions. I'll stop here :-)

Good evening all.

After many moons away from the forum, I thought that I would catch up and add the Radio Paradise streams to my SB Boom's favourites. A bit of trial and error and world/mellow and rock were added and worked well.

I saw the RP addin (another vote of thanks for that) and after updating LMS (reminding myself what to do where), the RP addin worked well.

However, this morning I awoke and pressed the preset button and nothing happened, all presets were empty. OK, let's connect to squeezebox.com... nope, it won't connect. I checked the network settings trying different dns servers (my sbs server, my router and 8.8.8.8) still won't connect.

OK, let's see if it will connect to LMS on my main PC, yes, it sure does, so the wifi and network settings (excluding testing the gateway and dns settings) are ok and apps on LMS work, but I can't connect to squeezebox.com from the boom (LMS shows it as connected).

Any thoughts as to where to look in the settings for answers please?

This is a unit that has been happily working (and enjoyed) for years so ports on the firewall/router haven't changed as far as I know.

Any thoughts please (as he listens to Radio Paradise in excellent quality) as I do like just punching in the numbered preset button and picking up the favourite station on mysqueezebox.com.

Thanks in advance - Terry

Customary..: 5 x Boom, 1 x Touch, 1 x Transporter

Comment

Did you try http://www.mysqueezebox.com rather than squeezebox.com ?
      Paul Webster
      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I just pressed the button on the unit which offers connect to mysqueezebox.com and it says "connecting" and then comes back with the unable to connect.

From what you say, can I alter it so that it is looking for that other address?

Thanks - Terry

Comment

No - I wasn't sure how you were trying to connect.
          If you were manually typing in squeezebox.com into a browser then that would have been incorrect.

Try accessing the URL that I gave from your browser - just to make sure that you can reach it from your home network (just in case your ISP or someone else has decided to block it).
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

I misunderstood Paul.

Yes, I can access the site using Firefox.

In fact it was after thinning some favourites on there (and adding RP streams to favourites) that I started to add a couple of the plugins via LMS rebooted for them to take effect and that is where I lost the favourites on the boom (presumably supplied by connection to the website) and the inability to connect to squeezebox.com.

At the moment I am using the RP addin fine, I am also able to connect to my Roon network (internal network) so the wifi seems fine, BUT, if I go to the radio section on the box display, I can't bring up the stations in the BBC section but they don't connect, but the BBC Sounds app. works.

I am puzzled, it is as if squeezebox.com is rejecting my login for some reason.

Thanks again - Terry

Comment

In the LMS servers.log I am seeing:

[22-09-29 13:41:51.0185] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
              [22-09-29 13:42:51.0238] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
              [22-09-29 13:43:51.0122] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
              [22-09-29 13:44:51.0099] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
              [22-09-29 13:45:09.4655] Slim::Plugin::AudioScrobbler::Plugin::_handshakeOK (354) Invalid Last.fm username or password.
              [22-09-29 13:45:19.0251] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
              [22-09-29 13:45:22.0191] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found

repeatedly. Does this help in identifying why I can't connect to mysqueezebox from the boom itself?

Comment

In LMS under
                Settings/Advanced/Logging
                try setting
                network.squeezenetwork
                to debug and then see if anything new appears in the LMS log when connection attempts are made.
                Paul Webster

Comment

Thanks Paul.

Rather a lot of output though (I have to shorten it):

[22-09-29 21:41:15.5611] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::PrefSync::client Event (114) 00:04:20:1f:5f:b2: Got client disconnect event, disabling sync
                  [22-09-29 21:41:17.1516] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_done (111) Got list of SN players: (
                  [],
                  [
                  {
                  apps => {
                  absoluteradio => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/absolute.png",
                  title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_ABSOLUTE",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "http://www.mysqueezebox.com/static/picks/split/Absolute%20Radio%20UK.opml",
                  },
                  bbc => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/bbc.png",
                  title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_BBC",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/api/bbc/v1/opml",
                  },
                  lastfm => { home_menu => 0 },
                  podcasts => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/podcasts.png",
                  title => "PLUGIN_PODCAST",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/public/opml/2dfe52da4ceda0482ff232f41047a40ae3ae7281/podcasts.opml",
                  },
                  radiofeeds => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/radiofeeds.png",
                  title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_RADIOFEEDS",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mypicks/network.opml?username=networker",
                  },
                  radiotime => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/tuneinradio.png",
                  title => "PLUGIN_RADIOTIME_MODULE_NAME",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?username=tunein\@g0bix.co.uk&partnerId= 16",
                  },
                  shoutcast => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/shoutcast.png",
                  title => "SHOUTCAST",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/api/shoutcast/v1/opml",
                  },
                  sounds => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/icon_nature_sounds.png",
                  plugin => "Slim::Plugin::Sounds::Plugin",
                  title => "PLUGIN_SOUNDS_MODULE_NAME",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/api/sounds/v1/opml",
                  },
                  wimp => {
                  home_menu => 1,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/tidal.png",
                  plugin => "Slim::Plugin::WiMP::Plugin",
                  title => "PLUGIN_WIMP_MODULE_NAME",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/api/wimp/v1/opml",
                  },
                  },
                  connected => 0,
                  id => 1_007_523,
                  last_connected => "2021-06-13 15:19:21",
                  mac => "00:04:20:1e:7f:0f",
                  model => "boom",
                  name => "14sp",
                  uuid => "c674880230ba45595e5237af583fb429",
                  },
                  {
                  apps => {
                  absoluteradio => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/absolute.png",
                  title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_ABSOLUTE",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "http://www.mysqueezebox.com/static/picks/split/Absolute%20Radio%20UK.opml",
                  },
                  bbc => {
                  home_menu => 0,
                  icon => "/static/images/icons/bbc.png",
                  title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_BBC",
                  type => "opml",
                  url => "/api/bbc/v1/opml",
                  }

Comment

Squeezebox Won't connect toMySqueezebox.com (a different flavour)

> [22-09-29 21:41:17.1516]
                    > Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_done (111) Got list
                    > of SN players: (

That means that your LMS connected to MySB successfully and got a bunch
                    of information about players, apps, etc. back.
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Thanks. The link from the LMS did appear to be ok, it is just the Boom that refuses to connect to mysqueezebox.

I am not sure what I can alter in the boom's software/settings to get it to connect.

Thanks for the plug ins by the way - very useful.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by terryd View Post
                        Thanks. The link from the LMS did appear to be ok, it is just the Boom that refuses to connect to mysqueezebox.

I am not sure what I can alter in the boom's software/settings to get it to connect.

Thanks for the plug ins by the way - very useful.
                        Go to the Boom firmware menu ("Squeezebox Setup" ) IIRC press "<-" for long time.

1. To check network setup (e.g. access to router) - post all details from the "current settings"

2. Check what happens if you use menu "Connect to mysqueezebox.com"

Comment

Connect to "pc4"
                          Lang = English
                          Connect via wireless
                          Attain ip address manually/static
                          IP 10.14.19.xx
                          subnet 255.255.255.0
                          gateway 10.14.19.zzz
                          dns 10.14.19.zzz
                          SB server "pc4"
                          ssid draytek
                          wifi sig 97%
                          Encryption wpa2 personal
                          Bridge wifi to ethernet = no
                          Mac address xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
                          hostname matches the player entry on mysqueezebox.com
                          Lock not set
                          firmware v5.7

A few minutes ago I was in lms control panel on pc4 and when connecting in the account tab I get the message saying:Unexpected error when validating account, check networking connectivity. I have just logged in directly to mysqueezebox.com successfully with my email address and password.

That menu with the long backpress, in all the years that I have had booms, I did not know that was there, thanks.

Terry

Comment

[22-10-01 15:57:42.8011] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
                            [22-10-01 15:57:42.8015] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (156) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
                            [22-10-01 15:57:42.8017] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (172) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
                            [22-10-01 15:58:07.7275] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
                            [22-10-01 15:58:07.7278] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestWrite (514) Context not found in requestWrite!!!!

Comment

Data from Boom may not not be getting to SN - possibly IP address not resolved, or packet not routed to correct gateway.
                              Manual network setup is a possible source of an error so the network settings should be checked.

Did you try using Boom firmware menu "Connect to mysqueezebox.com" on Boom and what appears on Boom display ? LMS log message are not relevant when doing this?

The settings look OK.

Does the router have a DNS server ?
                              Does the address of the router match the gateway address and the DNS server ?

There is no clash of IP address of Boom with any other device.

Is it possible to test with automatic network setup with DHCP ?

Comment

Working...
                              X