Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention TIDAL users - changesahead!

> Same problem here too. I dont see my custom built playlists (LMS8.3.1) I
    > see "My favorites/playlists" instead.(In "My playlists").

Can you try to modify one of your playlists and see whether that would help?

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
      > Same problem here too. I dont see my custom built playlists (LMS8.3.1) I
      > see "My favorites/playlists" instead.(In "My playlists").

Hi!

Yes, i added one new track to my playlist in Tidal app, still not appear in LMS.
      (Some of my playlists public, some not, none of them appears.)

Comment

>
        I have tried to modify my playlists, clean up and delete many of my own and remove favorite hearts from other favorite playlists, create new playlists, but still the same problem and view as @viaca.

Except for only 2 of my own personally created playlists, I only se external/Tidal playlists marked as favorites, in both available views in the Squezebox Tidal plugin menu. I can see no obvious difference between the 2 personal playlists that I actually show in the menus and all the other ones that do not show.
        Last edited by Vegz78; 2022-12-06, 12:07. Reason: typo
        Br,
        Vegard

2x SB Touch, 5x SB Radio, LMS on a (modified)Max2Play RPi 3, iPeng on iOS
        Xindak XA6950, CA DacMagic, Klipsch RF-7, B&W ASW610XP
        last.fm/user/vegarlu / github.com/Vegz78/GRUVI / retrospill.ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Vegz78 View Post
          I have tried to modify my playlists, clean up and delete many of my own and remove favorite hearts from other favorite playlists, create new playlists, but still the same problem and view as @viaca.

Except for only 2 of my own personally created playlists, I only se external/Tidal playlists marked as favorites, in both available views in the Squezebox Tidal plugin menu. I can see no obvious difference between the 2 personal playlists that I actually show in the menus and all the other ones that do not show.
          Yes, same here. The 2 list are all the same(Myplaylist = My favorites/playlists)

Comment

Originally posted by Vegz78 View Post

I didn't have any playlists before creating a profile. I created one playlist since and it does appear in My Playlists in LMS Tidal.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
              I didn't have any playlists before creating a profile. I created one playlist since and it does appear in My Playlists in LMS Tidal.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
              Oh yes, the newly created playlist apperars in LMS My playlists (together with My Favorites/playlists)
              (And appears in My favorites/playists too The 2 list are the same.)

Comment

> Oh yes, the newly created playlist apperars in LMS My playlists
                > (together with My Favorites/playlists)

I really don't know what's going on... but it seems TIDAL has broken a
                thing or two. The developers portal is inaccessible, too :-(
                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

Could you please try again?
                  Michael

Comment

I now see all my personally created playlists again under LMS Tidal plugin menu "My playlists",
                    and all my favorite/heart-marked playlist under LMS Tidal plugin menu "Favorites - Playlists"!

Great work and thank you very much, @mherger, for your quick support(once again!)! -Really appreciate it!
                    Br,
                    Vegard

Comment

Could you please try again?
                      Yeah, now all ok, working fine!
                      Thank you so much for quick support!

Comment

>
                        I'm not sure we're done yet. ... Hopefully the docs will come
                        back, updated.
                        I share your anticipation and hope, @mherger!

But if Tidal does not want to invest further in the best and most open music system with the best community anywhere and ever, there are hopefully other options going forward!

I choose optimism and really appreciate that you made it possible, apparently through some clever undocumented reverse engineering, for us to listen to our homemade playlists again, hopefully through Christmas, at least! ;-)
                        Br,
                        Vegard

Comment

I can also confirm that most of my Tidal playlists were not visible but yesterday they all came back.

Comment

[Note: Problem has been solved, see replies! There is a network setting that caches entire streaming files to disk!]

Hello all, I recent started using piCore Player on a Raspberry Pi, but the issue I am about to describe also happens on normal squeezebox devices (Touch) as well. In short, songs that are longer than 15 minutes or so on Tidal end abruptly after 15 or so minutes and jump ahead to the next song. I ran with logging turned on and capture it happening twice, it follows the same sequence, shown below. This does NOT happen with files on my own squeezebox server. Note the arrow/annotation that shows where I see the problem starting:

Code:
                            [09:28:16.324208] process_strm:280 strm command t
                            [09:28:16.324231] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:17.325341] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:18.326482] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:19.327623] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:20.328766] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:21.324271] process:528 strm
                            [09:28:21.324322] process_strm:280 strm command t
                            [09:28:21.324346] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:22.325455] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:22.385346] decode_thread:100 decode complete <<-------------------------------------------HERE BADNESS BEGINS.... decode is clearly NOT complete!
                            [09:28:22.385390] _checkfade:294 fade mode: 1 duration: 6 track-end
                            [09:28:22.385469] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMd
                            [09:28:23.386574] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMt
                            [09:28:23.571463] process:528 strm
                            [09:28:23.571501] process_strm:280 strm command s
                            [09:28:23.571521] process_strm:349 strm s autostart: 3 transition period: 6 transition type: 0 codec: f
                            [09:28:23.571545] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMf
                            [09:28:23.571599] codec_open:272 codec open: 'f'
                            [09:28:23.571675] connect_socket:168 connecting to 13.227.44.248:443
                            [09:28:23.630937] stream_sock:608 header: GET /mediatracks/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0/0.flac?Expires=1671035297&Signature=XXXXXX-XXXXX~XX-XX-Z~Z-XX~Z-XX~XX~XX&Key-Pair-Id=X HTTP/1.0
                            Cache-Control: no-cache
                            Connection: close
                            Accept: */*
                            Host: sp-pr-cf.audio.tidal.com
                            Range: bytes=0-
                            User-Agent: iTunes/4.7.1 (Linux; N; Debian (Docker); x86_64-linux; EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media Server/8.4.0/1669707681
                            Icy-MetaData: 1

[09:28:23.631022] sendSTAT:195 STAT: STMc
                            [09:28:23.631083] process_strm:384 set fade mode: 0, channels: 0, invert: 0
                            [09:28:23.631156] process:528 audg
                            [09:28:23.631179] process_audg:440 audg gainL: 65536 gainR: 65536 adjust: 1
                            [09:28:23.631200] set_volume:233 setting internal gain left: 65536 right: 65536
                            [09:28:23.925527] stream_thread:335 headers: len: 642
                            HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
                            Content-Type: audio/flac
                            Content-Length: 71454364
                            Connection: close
                            ​
                            etc etc etc... it's now playing the next song.

So I have to wonder if there is a way to, for instance, buffer ENTIRE songs to the device before streaming? Or is there another way around this? It's highly reproducible. I listen to a lot of ambient music and this is a real annoying problem (songs go for an hour or more). This only happens with Tidal streaming, and it's the only real problem I have with Tidal (other than the server occasionally forgetting and having to relearn my entire Tidal collection... but I can live with this).
                            Last edited by Leigh; 2023-01-06, 18:25.

Comment

What LMS version are you using? Are you using any kind of transcoding? What OS?
                              Michael

Comment

What LMS version are you using? Are you using any kind of transcoding? What OS?
                                Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1672817834 @ Wed Jan 4 09:30:23 CET 2023
                                Hostname: xxxxxxx
                                Server IP Address: 10.88.0.2
                                Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                                Operating system: Debian (Docker) - EN - utf8
                                Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
                                Perl Version: 5.32.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
                                Audio::Scan: 1.06
                                IO::Socket::SSL: 2.069
                                Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
                                Total Players Recognized: 3

No transcoding. The LMS is a docker image (lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.4.0). The docker image is run on a Fedora Linux machine.​

Comment

Working...
                                X