Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations")

> Yep - looks like one of the load-balancers needs a kick up the
    > certificate again.

You're right! Thanks for the heads up: one of the EU load balancers
    hadn't picked up the updated certificate. I was only checking the US, as
    Pandora is not supposed to be available in EU anyway...

> Since yesterday I too have been seeing sporadic time-outs when my LMS
    > Deezer plugin attempts to connect to mysqueezebox.

And somebody reported about TIDAL.

Now this time I should take not of which one mis-behaved, as it already
    happened half a year ago. If it was the same, it would be time to give
    it the boot.

Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations&quot

Hi Michael-

Thanks for all you do to support the Squeezebox community!

A year or so ago, I made the mistake of trying to interact with the browser-based player control (mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl) in Safrai on my iPhone when I was away from my home network WiFi. I think that is when I first experienced the "Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" when trying to access my Pandora playlists ("Your stations"). Subsequently, when home, I continued to get the "Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" error from iPhone/Safari and noticed I also get it in all browsers (IE, Chrome, FireFox) on all my computers. Curiously, the player controls (pause, skip, volume) work fine. I have a Squeezebox Duet. The physical remote works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ed
    Attached Files

Comment

Your player is not authorized touse mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations&quot

> A year or so ago, I made the mistake of trying to interact with the
      > browser-based player control (mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl) in
      > Safrai on my iPhone when I was away from my home network WiFi. I think
      > that is when I first experienced the "Your player is not authorized to
      > use mysqueezebox.com" when trying to access my Pandora playlists ("Your
      > stations"). Subsequently, when home, I continued to get the "Your
      > player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" error from
      > iPhone/Safari and noticed I also get it in all browsers (IE, Chrome,
      > FireFox) on all my computers.

Are you saying this only happens when using the web control?

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Your player is not authorized touse mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations&quot

> Any news on this?

I must admit that I haven't looked into this yet. As I can't really test
            Pandora here, and as this seems to be a web-control issue only, I didn't
            pay much attention.

--

Michael
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

????

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue...

I had same problem today, but found that it works correctly when going to www.mysqueezebox.com, shows the error when using just mysqueezebox.com.

Comment

I see the same issue. Using hardware player all Pandora items work as expected. Using MySB.com > Remote Control on Pandora gives same error message as described.

But Remote Control is not completely non-functional on Pandora. If player is already on a Pandora stream then Remote Control correctly displays station info and album art and I can play/pause/skip using the Remote Control buttons.

Comment

The site is using Let's Encrypt certificates with a 3 month period of validity.
                  So that means that the certs are replaced every few weeks.
                  If one of the servers in the set has a problem getting the new cert applied then it could easily throw up occasional errors depending how the load balancer moves requests around.

The server that I reached shows that a certificate start time of 16 days ago.
                  Paul Webster
                  Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                  and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by uranus View Post
                    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue...

I had same problem today, but found that it works correctly when going to www.mysqueezebox.com, shows the error when using just mysqueezebox.com.
                    Both work and not-work with me. I have issues with Tidal since yesterday (which uses mysqueezebox). When Tidal doesn't work, I notice mysqyeezebox certificat also shows an error. It's non-stop throughout the day every few minutes online and then offline. I have posted my experience here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...mysqueebox-com

So it seems more people are having issues with mysqueezebox, which break certain plugins.

Comment

When it does not work ... what date do you see listed against the certificate?
                      Paul Webster
                      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

> The site is using Let's Encrypt certificates with a 3 month period of
                        > validity.
                        > So that means that the certs are replaced every few weeks.

Correct.

> If one of the servers in the set has a problem getting the new cert
                        > applied then it could easily throw up occasional errors depending how
                        > the load balancer moves requests around.

Yep, I was wondering exactly about this. What part of this globe are you
                        living in?
                        Michael

Comment

> Yep, I was wondering exactly about this. What part of this globe are you
                          > living in?

Confirmed: one of our EU based load-balancers had not updated correctly.
                          Thanks for the heads up!
                          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                            When it does not work ... what date do you see listed against the certificate?
                            I will update this post as soon as it happens again. I have been listening now for over half an hour thought without issues. Could it already have been fixed seeing mherger's post above me?

Comment

> I will update this post as soon as it happens again. I have been
                              > listening now for over half an hour thought without issues. Could it
                              > already have been fixed seeing mherger's post above me?

Yes, I updated the one misbehaving load balancer before I posted about
                              my findings.
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X