Please read: software players & mysqueezebox.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mherger View Post
    > I have a Controller - is that 'SB' or is it 'software player'?

The Controller isn't a player :-)

But let me double check that. I think there was a player beta feature
    built-in to some later firmware...

--

Michael
    Yes - a beta feature. I must have tried it at some point, because there's a player called 'Player' with the 00:04 mac registered at mysb. That must be the Controller.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

> So it means that the new users of LMS without hardware player are not
      > going to be able to use mysqueezebox.com apps like TIDAL, Spotify,
      > etc..., right?

Yes, that's correct. This should never have been possible. ickStream or
      Triode's Spotify plugin are potential solutions for those users.

--

Michael
      But no solution for Pandora users.

Comment

Please read: software players &mysqueezebox.com

> would it eventually be some account based "my apps" menu that's aviable
        > trough LMS ? So that soft players could use them trough LMS or does some

That's pretty much how it should behave now. You can customize "real"
        players (eg. which service on the Home menu etc.), but for software
        players you get the defaults.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

> Yes - a beta feature. I must have tried it at some point, because
          > there's a player called 'Player' with the 00:04 mac registered at mysb.
          > That must be the Controller.

The Controller should be treated like a "real" SB. So yes, that makes
          sense. Just check the MAC address - you can find it on a sticker in the
          battery compartment IIRC.

--

Michael
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

It's perhaps embarrassing, but I have to admit I could never understand what features one can enjoy using mysb.com?
            Like everyone else I have registered with mysb.com, but only because I thought I had to (without questioning - why?).
            The only feature I found (and not very useful) is that I managed to remotely control one of my Duets at home while in the office using mysb.com
            I fail to understand what good such a feature is, and who needs it? Any player/controller logged in remotely to my LMS can be used to control any other player as is. I don't need mysb.com for that.
            And I never use any music services such as Spotify , Tidal or Deezer - why should I? They cost money - my own library is already paid for and free.
            And should I ever decide to sign up with Spotify, I might as well ditch my own library. Everything is in there anyway. But then I'll have no more use for LMS either. All those online services can play back directly on to my chromcasts, AppleTV and SamsungTV anyway.

So please someone, tell what I failed to grasp about mysb.com? What good is it actually for?
            QNAP TS-453Be 4x3TB RAID5 QNAP TS-251 2x3TB RAID0 QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0 QNAP TS-453Mini 2x1TB Raid 10
            LMS running in Docker Madsonic running in Docker Guacamole QPGK R&D and Test server
            Home Assistant running in Docker Node-Red running in Docker RainLoop QPKG
            Pi-Hole running in Docker Bastillion running in Docker DeConz running in Docker w/ConBee II
            Mosquitto MQTT running in Docker

Comment

Originally posted by oyvindo View Post
              So please someone, tell what I failed to grasp about mysb.com? What good is it actually for?
              For you, nothing. For *many* others it is a great way to stream stations/services without the need to run a local server. Most of my SqueezeBox usage is online streaming. In fact my Boom streams 24/7, all year long except maybe 6 weeks when I am out of town for extended periods. I'd bet most SqueezeBox users do more online streaming than listening to their own music library.

I believe also some of the service providers insisted on SqueezeBox/Logitech utilizing a MySB.com type infrastructure for licensing reasons, specifically restricting local server app control directly.

Comment

If you don't use any streaming services, MySB may have little use for you.
                If you use streaming services: enabling them is what MySB does for you
                ---
                learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
                Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
                at penguinlovesmusic.com
                New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

This is an issue for us that have multiple pandora accounts under a single login. We can no longer switch between the accounts!

Can we reach to you directly to get individual players added back in manually? At least our old ones, I understand if you make this change moving forward, but to make it retroactive is extremely damaging.

Obviously if you create a way for specific users to request their devices be re-added it would eliminate all of the 'phantom' devices and will still giving us the functionality that we have had up until this point.

Please consider this as without it, 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment our clients have purchased is useless...

Zack

Comment

> This is an issue for us that have multiple pandora accounts under a
                    > single login. We can no longer switch between the accounts!
                    >
                    > Can we reach to you directly to get individual players added back in
                    > manually?

No. Logitech has agreements and contracts in place with every single
                    music service we support. We have to respect those agreements.

> Please consider this as without it, 10's of thousands of dollars worth
                    > of equipment our clients have purchased is useless...

If they spent thousands of dollars on Squeezebox hardware, then I'm
                    happy to do everything needed to get them up and running again. But
                    nothing should have changed for them anyway.

If they gave you thousands of dollars for non-SB hardware, then I'm
                    having a hard time understanding why I should be involved in this
                    discussion at all...

--

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

> This is an issue for us that have multiple pandora accounts under a
                      > single login. We can no longer switch between the accounts!
                      >
                      > Can we reach to you directly to get individual players added back in
                      > manually?

No. Logitech has agreements and contracts in place with every single
                      music service we support. We have to respect those agreements.
                      What do those agreements have to do with anything I've asked? We weren't doing anything outside of normal mysb.com capabilities. Assigning an account to a player is not some hack...

> Please consider this as without it, 10's of thousands of dollars worth
                      > of equipment our clients have purchased is useless...[/color]

If they spent thousands of dollars on Squeezebox hardware, then I'm
                      happy to do everything needed to get them up and running again. But
                      nothing should have changed for them anyway.

If they gave you thousands of dollars for non-SB hardware, then I'm
                      having a hard time understanding why I should be involved in this
                      discussion at all...

--

Michael
                      You're involved because we relied on the service provided by the software you support to deliver the content. This software was changed without any advance notice and in a way that is sure to affect a huge number of people. Can you show us where the software devices were never 'supposed' to connect to mysb.com?

I understand trying to prune the database, but is it that outlandish to offer support for those that used and relied on the service before the change?

Comment

Vortexbox

Ok. Well all this seems to explain why my two vortexboxes have lost all their apps. So it seems that you have killed the ability for all of us using this DIY solution to use any of the apps on mysqeezebox.com. Considering there is no hardware being sold any longer it seems a bit odd and unfair to now kill the services for those of us using a software player. I have never "spoofed" anything to gain access to these services which I was using according to the rules specified on the website. Is there any consideration on for vortexbox users or are we now out in the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by adk highlander View Post
                          Ok. Well all this seems to explain why my two vortexboxes have lost all their apps. So it seems that you have killed the ability for all of us using this DIY solution to use any of the apps on mysqeezebox.com. Considering there is no hardware being sold any longer it seems a bit odd and unfair to now kill the services for those of us using a software player. I have never "spoofed" anything to gain access to these services which I was using according to the rules specified on the website. Is there any consideration on for vortexbox users or are we now out in the cold?
                          From what I am hearing from my manufacturer and parsing what Michael says, it seems he couldn't care less about the thousands of users who he has left in the dark by this decision.

I think it is a ridiculous way to solve this legitimate problem and could have been handled MUCH better.

Something like an email to all users registered at MYSB.com stating that if they don't re-add their non logitech devices to MYSB.com in 90 days they will be removed? Add in some checking to verify that a device is not using a spoofed SB mac and voila. The database would be hugely pruned, everyone would have had ample advanced notice and no loss of service to active users...

is that so much to ask?
                          Last edited by paradise; 2016-04-19, 19:14.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                            I have a hard time understanding the complaints about deleting softwareplayers from mysb. Mysb is a service from Logitech to their customers, and I am happy, they did not drop it like other companies ie. google did. Are you a logitech customer? Probably not because otherwise you would not have any problems. Did the vendor of your product pay any part of its revenue to logitech? Nope! So what are you complaining about? A free service to non customers has been dropped. Thats all. Get yourself an original squeezbox and everything will work as before, but don't complain about logitech not continueing customer support to non customers for free anymore. Ask your vendor to set up a similar service.

Maybe a paid membership for non customers would be a solution. Even as a customer, I would pay for keeping up this service, although I only use tidal, which is supported by ickstream as well.

Greets
                            Chris
                            Last edited by chrissy; 2016-04-19, 20:13.
                            Raspi 4 as server for various things besides lms
                            Raspi 3 feeding a SPL Phonitor xe for headphones
                            Minidsp shd running squeezelite feeding a poweramp and a pair of Nubert nuvero 70 and 2 elac Sub 2070
                            2 Squeezebox Radios (kitchen and bath)
                            Nubert NuPro A200, AW350 Sub , raspi 3 with hifiberry digi+ for the bedroom
                            raspi A with M2Tech HiFace usb dac and JBL Control 1 for the balcony :-)

Comment

Hi Pippin,

Michael has removed all softwareplaers from my account, but my cubietruck works like before.

Greets
                              Chris
                              Raspi 4 as server for various things besides lms
                              Raspi 3 feeding a SPL Phonitor xe for headphones
                              Minidsp shd running squeezelite feeding a poweramp and a pair of Nubert nuvero 70 and 2 elac Sub 2070
                              2 Squeezebox Radios (kitchen and bath)
                              Nubert NuPro A200, AW350 Sub , raspi 3 with hifiberry digi+ for the bedroom
                              raspi A with M2Tech HiFace usb dac and JBL Control 1 for the balcony :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pippin
                                Are you sure?
                                As I understand it Michael only removed players with spoofed Squeezebox MACs. Old Vortexbox installations did exactly that to get access to the free Pandora layer which was always supposed to be only available to Squeezebox owners.
                                And this spoofing has caused a lot of trouble for actual Squeezebox owners in the last few years because you are then occupying their player ID.

Do your player IDs start with 00:04? If yes, you have a spoofed player ID and it's actually a very valid measure by Michael to remove them.
                                Not the case. He removed all soft players. None of mine are spoofed.

As an aside, I DO have hardware Logitech players and that does NOT make the soft players act as they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X