This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mherger View Post
    > So Triode's Spotify app must be uninstalled?

Depends of what you want: if you want the new official app and no
    streaming on old players, then yes, uninstall it. If you want support
    for Classic/Boom/Receiver/Transporter, then you'll need to continue to
    run Triode's plugin, but won't have the new features.

I did think about modifying Triode's plugin to allow the best of the two
    worlds. Or provide yet another plugin based on his giving the ability to
    stream to any player while using mysb.com for the navigation... check it
    out on github if you feel adventurous:

(because I need this myself, as I like the new implementation and want
    to stream to my Transporter :-))

--

Michael
    Michael,

This sounds very interesting - any pointers on how to install it?

Cheers,

Jon
    Main system: SB Touch, Arcam A85, Tannoy V4i speakers
    SB Classic into JVC R-1XL Stereo Receiver and JPW bookshelf speakers (an Ebay/ Freecycle set up!)
    SB Boom, Logitech Z4 subwoofer
    SB Radio
    LMS 7.8.0 running on WHS 2011 on a HP Prolaint Microserver
    Orange Squeeze/ Squeeze Commander on Google Nexus 7 and HTC One

Comment

Announce: We're updating theofficial Spotify app

> This sounds very interesting - any pointers on how to install it?

See verypsb's postings: it's not needed. I didn't know Triode had the
      option to use both implementations. Just configure his plugin not to
      show up in the My Apps menu, and you'll be able to use the official app
      and your old players.

Looks as if my plugin was an interesting, yet unnecessary exercise :-).

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

and your old players.

--

Michael

Just to confirm, that putting the Triode plugin into Radio, allows the use of the official app on a Boom and piCorePlayer running on rpi2 hifiBerry Digi+.

Deleted my previous post as I had misunderstood the question

Ronnie.

Comment

Michael,

Just a word of thanks. Great update. Thanks for all your work!

Jan

Comment

and your old players.

--

Michael
            Not quite. IIRC, Triode's app works only with certain processors, correct?

Comment

What's the mysb URL you're coming from?
              you mean this:
              Code:
              https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=169b15c360bd4d8bae89b0d0499a9bfe&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmysqueezebox.com%2Fapi%2Fspotify%2Fv1%2Fopml%2Fauthorize_complete&state=9130b2e6989fbe8e7b0bb5510a94c664&scope=playlist-read-private%20playlist-read-collaborative%20playlist-modify-public%20playlist-modify-private%20streaming%20user-follow-modify%20user-follow-read%20user-library-read%20user-library-modify%20user-read-private&show_dialog=true
              ---
              learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
              Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
              at penguinlovesmusic.com
              New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

Originally posted by TimT View Post
                Not quite. IIRC, Triode's app works only with certain processors, correct?
                Same here, I don't think Michael has changed the binaries. Also, I think Triode's limitation comes from what's supported by libSpotify.
                ---
                at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

Touch switching to mysb.com when running official Spotify app???

I installed the new official Spotify app. All works OK on my Touch. However, when I select this on my Touch, I get the message, "connecting to mysqueezebox.com" before opening Spotify. Then when I want to go back to mymusic, I see the "connecting to my music library name" (local lms). Is this correct?

EDIT: Hmmm, it only did this the very first time I used Spotify. Afterwards, I can go between Spotify and my local music without the "switch to mysb.com". Maybe it was some initial authorization that had to be done. I'll leave this here in case others have this question.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

>> Not quite. IIRC, Triode's app works only with certain processors,
                    >> correct?

>
                    > Same here, I don't think Michael has changed the binaries. Also, I think
                    > Triode's limitation comes from what's supported by libSpotify.

Yes, my plugin would have been a stripped down version of Triode's.
                    Nothing added, only removed.

--

Michael
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

>> What's the mysb URL you're coming from?
                      >
                      > you mean this:

No, rather the mysb.com URL. But it's in there:

> https://accounts.spotify..&redirect_...squeezebox.com...

That's missing the leading www. Therefore Spotify would refuse the
                      request. I've now enabled that URL, too. Please try again. If it still
                      doesn't work, then please try coming from the www.mysqueezebox.com URL.

--

Michael
                      Michael

Comment

Ah. You obviously never cared about SEO, too
                        ---
                        at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

www is sooo 90s

But thanks, works now!
                          I also like the single-sign-on with UESR, actually seems to work, too.
                          ---
                          at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

Nice update

This is a very welcome update to the Spotify app on the SB Touch.
                            Well done.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I thought you we're trying to update Triodes Spotify to use the new Spotify layout, too. That would still be a nice feature, wouldn't it?

Best regards,
                              Dennis.
                              Please vote:
                              bug 1330 New music should work on creation date
                              bug 17963 New and changed doesn't handle changed files
                              bug 17799 Use a separator such as 'Also appears on' when viewing the albums by an artist
                              bug 18054 Add support for 'Set Subtitle'/'Disc Subtitle' (ID3v2.4 TSST/ID3V2.3 TIT3)
                              1x Boom, 1x Classic, 4x Controller, 1x Radio, 4x Receiver, 2x Touch

Comment

> I thought you we're trying to update Triodes Spotify to use the new
                                > Spotify layout, too. That would still be a nice feature, wouldn't it?

But isn't this what that "Show in My Apps menu" preference in Triode's
                                plugin does? Eg. not display itself, but the default Spotify menu?

--

Michael
                                Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X