X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zordaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I think increasingly people only listen to single tracks and not albums - maybe that impacts on whether this sort of thing is noticed.
    I think that users of more niche focused streaming services like Tidal are not that 'single oriented' compared to Spotify, Apple Music etc. Besides of that; good quality control should be part of their business model/processes, otherwise they simply don't have much added value. I am however not surprised that these examples exist.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy Bob
    replied
    I think increasingly people only listen to single tracks and not albums - maybe that impacts on whether this sort of thing is noticed.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• slartibartfast
    replied
    Originally posted by d6jg View Post
    Only people who really “know” the album in question would ever notice but I agree it’s annoying
    I think they would notice something was not quite right. The first track is not faded out but the second track is faded in. They would at least think it sounded wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• d6jg
    replied
    Only people who really “know” the album in question would ever notice but I agree it’s annoying

Leave a comment:

• slartibartfast
    replied
    Originally posted by zordaz View Post
    To me this is nothing new, you never know for certain what version you're listening to when using streaming services. For casual listening that's fine with me.

But it is also the reason why I still prefer a local collection of losslessly encoded albums that I value most. For those albums I want to know exactly which version/mastering or mix I am listening to.
    It just seemed very odd to have a fade in where there shouldn't be one.

Leave a comment:

• zordaz
    replied
    To me this is nothing new, you never know for certain what version you're listening to when using streaming services. For casual listening that's fine with me.

But it is also the reason why I still prefer a local collection of losslessly encoded albums that I value most. For those albums I want to know exactly which version/mastering or mix I am listening to.

Leave a comment:

• slartibartfast
    started a topic Different versions of albums on Tidal

Different versions of albums on Tidal

I just listened to the first couple of tracks from Diamond Dogs on Tidal and noticed something odd. On the original there is crowd noise between "Future Legend" and "Diamond Dogs" which is obviously continuous. On Tidal "Future Legend" ends abruptly and "Diamond Dogs" fades in which quite frankly ruins it. Now there are three versions of the album on Tidal all claiming to be 2016 remasters. Only the third one has proper gapless playback with no fade in. As far as I can tell there is no way to differentiate between versions on Tidal, there is certainly no clue in the search results.
    It makes you wonder how many more albums have the same issueClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220301-095651.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1578986

Working...
X