This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mherger View Post

> and is there an official site for source code and bug tracker?

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver - source code
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com - bug tracker
    The bugtracker seems to be huge and mostly unmaintained. Wouldn't it be a better idea to use the github.com bug tracker for the community edition?

Comment

Welcome!

> The bugtracker seems to be huge and mostly unmaintained. Wouldn't it be
      > a better idea to use the github.com bug tracker for the community
      > edition?

No. Bugzilla is much more powerful than github's rather simplistic issue
      reporter. Changing a system doesn't make it better maintained. I'm
      actively maintaining bugzilla. You'd be surprised to see that I only
      recently closed bug reports opened almost a decade ago :-).

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
        at this point you would be better off moving to 7.9. It's improved a lot of things, including scanning.
        OMG, this is great. For at least a couple years, I've been struggling with scanning issues. Only with great effort could I coak 7.7.3(?) to get beyond "discovering directories". Lots of "end process" steps from Windows Task Manager, restarts, etc. Then this week, I had to replace a failed external HD, and figured I'd have to (again) clear everything, start from scratch, etc...

I installed 7.9 last night and, voila!, the improvement was immediate and immense. Thanks to all those who worked on this! If this continues, any thoughts I was having about finding a new music solution are gone.

Comment

Thank you!

Just wanted to say a special thank you to Michael Herger for your work on keeping LMS well maintained, and thanks also to everyone else who is continuing support of 7.8 and 7.9! It is very appreciated! This is from a happy Squeezebox user since 2003

Comment

The choice of all these versions is quite confusing. I have to replace my "server" which is currently windows xp with slimserver V 7.5xxx. My new pc is on Windows 10. I have one transporter, three sb3, two boom's and one radio. What server version would one recommend for this setup?
            Thanks
            Werner

Comment

Originally posted by transporter View Post
              The choice of all these versions is quite confusing. I have to replace my "server" which is currently windows xp with slimserver V 7.5xxx. My new pc is on Windows 10. I have one transporter, three sb3, two boom's and one radio. What server version would one recommend for this setup?
              Thanks
              Werner
              I'd likely install 7.9. But 7.8.1 is ok too. 7.9 still gets changes made to it on a regular basis. Find them here (you want the first listed at each site: windows executable installer):

Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
              Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
              Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
              The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
              Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
              Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Window Installer Difference?

Michael: Can you explain the difference between Windows Executable Installer and Windows Home Server Installer? Why two Windows installers?
                Music Sources: Digitally Imported (6), TIDAL, Spotify, etc. > LMS 8.2.1 > Three SBTs X iPeng 9.7.4 app. Bluetooth streaming as well.
                Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
                Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
                Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
                Use/Go Anywhere: Music apps > Bluetooth-enabled systems.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSmedra View Post
                  Michael: Can you explain the difference between Windows Executable Installer and Windows Home Server Installer? Why two Windows installers?
                  Windows Home Server installer is for "Windows Home Server" operating systems. These are different from normal windows OS. If you had a windows home server OS, you'd know it (it wouldn't be something you accidentally had).
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by garym View Post
                    Windows Home Server installer is for "Windows Home Server" operating systems. These are different from normal windows OS. If you had a windows home server OS, you'd know it (it wouldn't be something you accidentally had).
                    Thanks.
                    Music Sources: Digitally Imported (6), TIDAL, Spotify, etc. > LMS 8.2.1 > Three SBTs X iPeng 9.7.4 app. Bluetooth streaming as well.
                    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
                    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12

Comment

On the Windows Home Server version you should be aware that it is only for v1. If you're using Windows Home Server 2011 you need to use the regular windows installer.
                      Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
                      Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
                      Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
                      Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

Now Running LMS 7.9.0

Thanks for all the member help.

I just loaded LMS 7.9.0. When I installed 7.8.0, that included firmware (7.8.0-r16754) updates to my three SB Touch.

Should my SBT upgrade similarly with 7.9.0, or not?

PS. I'm still having problem(s) with the TIDAL/My Favorites/Artists list accessed via MySqueezebox or ickStream server not sorting properly. Additions are dumped below the existing A-Z list and aren't getting integrated. Anyone else experiencing this?
                        Last edited by DanSmedra; 2015-12-30, 18:50.

Comment

No, 7.9 works also with 7.8 Firmware on the SBes.

Comment

Originally posted by karlek View Post
                            No, 7.9 works also with 7.8 Firmware on the SBes.
                            correct. there is no 7.9 firmware update for SBT so the newest that will show up on SBT players is 7.8.

Comment

Will 7.9 work with WHS 2011 with its latest updates?
                              Joel

Comment

Yes it does, running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1480066117 @ Fri Nov 25 09:34:38 CUT 2016 on my WHS2011 box as we speak.
                                Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
                                Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
                                Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
                                Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

Working...
                                X