X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert.conf FLAC PCM, need confirmation please

I think you should ask in a Material thread about this. LMS is doing its
    thing. But I don't know what the Material skin is displaying. Whether
    it's the file's format, or the stream's.

convert.conf FLAC PCM, need confirmation please

I wonder if someone can confirm I have the correct understanding of this configuration?

What I want is to trancode FLAC to PCM on server side. My unsertenty stems from Material Skin still says its streaming flac and actual output is the same as with the native setting. For now I just need to be sure I actually are transcoding server side?

From '/etc/squeezeboxserver/convert.conf' I read

Code:
    flc pcm * *
            # IFT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
            [flac] -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=little --sign=signed $START$ $END>
    This is my configuration
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cconflms.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1576142

log show:
    Code:
    Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (80) duration: [294.973] size: [30002596] endian [] offset: [0] for file:///mnt/usb/4GBs/flac/v/Stevie%20Ray%20Vaughan%20And%20Double%20Trouble/1984%20-%20Couldn%27t%20Stand%20The%20Weather/03%20-%20The%20Things%20(That)%20I%20Used%20To%20Do.flac
    Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (97) Opening file /mnt/usb/4GBs/flac/v/Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble/1984 - Couldn't Stand The Weather/03 - The Things (That) I Used To Do.flac
    Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (189) Seeking in 0 into /mnt/usb/4GBs/flac/v/Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble/1984 - Couldn't Stand The Weather/03 - The Things (That) I Used To Do.flac
    Slim::Player::Song::open (510) URL is a song (audio): file:///mnt/usb/4GBs/flac/v/Stevie%20Ray%20Vaughan%20And%20Double%20Trouble/1984%20-%20Couldn%27t%20Stand%20The%20Weather/03%20-%20The%20Things%20(That)%20I%20Used%20To%20Do.flac, type=flc
    Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::tokenizeConvertCommand2 (667) Using command for conversion: "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=big --sign=signed -- -
    Slim::Player::Song::open (586) Tokenized command: "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=big --sign=signed -- -
    Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Stream (1283) b8:27:eb:5c:e8:2c: stream
    Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Stream (1320) Song queue is now 2
    Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setPlayingState (2378) new playing state BUFFERING
    Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingState (2387) new streaming state STREAMING
    Slim::Utils::Prefs::Base::set (104) setting server:b8:27:eb:5c:e8:2c:currentSong to 2

Comment

convert.conf FLAC PCM,need confirmation please

> I wonder if someone can confirm I have the correct understanding of this
      > configuration?

You can disable native playback of FLAC in Settings/Advanced/File Formats.
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Thank you. If you are able to see my screen dump in my first post that show my interpretation of that setting.
        And I also conclude from the log that the stream is transcodet on the server.

Reason for me to be absolutely sure are for troubleshooting another problem.

Comment

Hi All, Didn't want to set a new topic, as this question is in line with what I want to ask.....In settings ->Server->File Types, under File Format I have a couple of options for my FLAC files.
          Either NATIVE or Disabled. I play mainly FLAC files ranging from 44.1/48./96.0 and some MP3 @320Kps. I'm bypassing the transporter DAC and using the BNC digital output into my Bel Canto DAC.
          I just want to make sure that my Transporter is reading the files at the correct file format and not downgrading it. Maybe someone can explain the difference from in the settings ?
          Tried to search it out, but found some of the stuff getting to technical. Just trying to maximize the file output. Sorry if someone is repeating themselves.
          Cheers
          System - Bryston 3B Cubed(Amp), VTL 2.5(Preamp), Bel Canto 3.7(DAC), Totem Signature One(Speakers)

Comment

Also noticed a checked box Prefer native format (decoding on the player) whenever possible. I'm thinking this is supposed to be unchecked ?
            System - Bryston 3B Cubed(Amp), VTL 2.5(Preamp), Bel Canto 3.7(DAC), Totem Signature One(Speakers)

Comment

Originally posted by bunkertoy View Post
              Also noticed a checked box Prefer native format (decoding on the player) whenever possible. I'm thinking this is supposed to be unchecked ?
              If you leave all the file type settings at default then FLACs will play as FLACs and mp3s will play as mp3s without any transcoding. Leaving native format checked just means that LMS doesn't do any transcoding and lets the player take care of the playback.
              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
              Bedroom: Radio
              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

I've since been unchecking and changing settings...Default is a CHECKED box of "Prefer Native format" and FLAC selection is "Native" ? correct and many thks

Comment

Originally posted by bunkertoy View Post
                  I've since been unchecking and changing settings...Default is a CHECKED box of "Prefer Native format" and FLAC selection is "Native" ? correct and many thks
                  That sounds right.
                  Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                  Bedroom: Radio
                  Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Cheers, my DAC seems to readout the correct Flac bitrate. I should have left it alone. Sometimes reading the forums gets you tweaking stuff. All the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X