Album Artist - not bringing forth all songs in album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Album Artist - not bringing forth all songs in album

hey community. so... interesting problem here... I use album artist to browse my collection as many songs have multiple artists and browsing via "artist" only brings up a much larger list.

so let's take an example. Daft Punk's Random Access Memories. For the field "Album Artist" I have "Daft Punk" for all of the songs. When I browse the album via the album name, all the songs come up. However, when I browse by "Album Artist" only a few songs come up. The songs that in the Artist field have other names other than daft punk don't show.

any ideas?

thanks... darien
    Attached Files
    LMS 8.2 on QNAP Ts-h1886XU-RP R2
    8 wired Touch End Points plus Transporter
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

What have you set at Settings>My Music>Browse Artists? There are options to treat Artists and Album Artists together or as two lists. Maybe that's causing your issue?

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
      What have you set at Settings>My Music>Browse Artists? There are options to treat Artists and Album Artists together or as two lists. Maybe that's causing your issue?

Robert
      ooh that was a good attempt. I have it set to "use separate lists..." I am wondering if it's a query on the "." that's in the field. I am going to delete the "." and see if that makes a difference.
      Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

Originally posted by dhallag View Post
        ooh that was a good attempt. I have it set to "use separate lists..." I am wondering if it's a query on the "." that's in the field. I am going to delete the "." and see if that makes a difference.
        Nope... am I correct that the tag for album artist is TPE2?
        Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

so here is a comparison of the two tag:

- left is the song "fragments of time" that DOES NOT come up under "album artists"
          - right is the song "give life back to music" that DOES come up under "album artists"

gremlins... I have gremlins...
          Attached Files
          Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Bob View Post

Robert
            OOH I figured it out thanks to you Bob!! Right below that setting is another setting called "Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Album Artist" and when I clicked that, it worked!! On another note, I am using MP3Tag to manage my music. Where can I find the actual field names like TPE1 and TPE2? My columns are "artist" "album artist" etc... there should be a corresponding key somewhere that I cannot find.
            Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

Originally posted by dhallag View Post
              OOH I figured it out thanks to you Bob!! Right below that setting is another setting called "Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Album Artist" and when I clicked that, it worked!! On another note, I am using MP3Tag to manage my music. Where can I find the actual field names like TPE1 and TPE2? My columns are "artist" "album artist" etc... there should be a corresponding key somewhere that I cannot find.
              Well, that's good news!

I don't use mp3tag, so can't comment. I am using kid3 to tag music files (usually I am doing this on a Mac)... it has field names Artist and Album Artist, but when I look at tags through LMS I can see several different names for the Album Artist tag in my collection.

Robert
              Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
              Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
              2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
              Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
              Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Comment

Working...
              X