No announcement yet.

Logitech Media Server does not scan OPUS file from my UNRAID server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a comma in the directory name for the one that fails.
    Could that be the issue?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
      > attaching 3 screenshots. the first 2 are seen by the server (opus files)
      > and the last one is not.

None of these would show up in the log file you posted previously. I
      think the log file was not from a full scan? Please get a full wipe &
      scan log.
      Why is my scan.log (zipped) @ 495MB.
      Any help on making this smaller ?

Comment

Logitech Media Server does notscan OPUS file from my UNRAID server

> Why is my scan.log (zipped) @ 495MB.
        > Any help on making this smaller ?

Because filenames, metadata and a lot more for each and every file is
        being logged - if logging for the scanner is enabled. Once you have a
        full log file make sure you disable scanner logging again.

Feel free to upload that file to

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

> Why is my scan.log (zipped) @ 495MB.
          > Any help on making this smaller ?

Because filenames, metadata and a lot more for each and every file is
          being logged - if logging for the scanner is enabled. Once you have a
          full log file make sure you disable scanner logging again.

Feel free to upload that file to
          https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a
          @mherger
          Even my download stops @ 293MB.
          Cannot get to the end of the file download as well. I have tried using an external download manager and it stops midway.

Comment

> Even my download stops @ 293MB.

Download from?... The link I provided is to _upload_ the file?
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

> Even my download stops @ 293MB.
              > Cannot get to the end of the file download as well. I have tried using
              > an external download manager and it stops midway.

One more idea: only add one or two of the failing folderst as your music
              folder before you run a full, logged scan. This should be much quicker
              and result in a reasonably sized log file.
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by HerculePirate View Post
                @mherger
                Even my download stops @ 293MB.
                Cannot get to the end of the file download as well. I have tried using an external download manager and it stops midway.
                Was not able to download it from the Logitech Server. But it finally completed overnight. No clue why.
                Its with you now in your DROPBOX.
                Thank you @mherger

Comment

> Was not able to download it from the Logitech Server. But it finally
                  > completed overnight. No clue why.
                  > Its with you now in your DROPBOX.

It would have been much simpler for both of us if you had run a scan
                  over a limited part of your collection exposing the issue... your log
                  file has 44 million lines and weighs > 4GB uncompressed...

What I'm seeing a lot is "No tags found". Don't know whether this has
                  anything to do with the issue you're seeing though.

So please scan just one folder of working, and one folder of non-working
                  OPUS files and send me the two small scanner.log.zip files. Thanks!
                  Michael

Comment

There is only 1 album in this folder that scans and shows in my library
                    The Masterpieces Decade I

Attached Log
                    scanner.log (9).zip
                    Last edited by HerculePirate; 2022-11-26, 07:10.

Comment

Don't forget to generate a small log for one that fails.
                      Paul Webster
                      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                        The folder called "Gregorian" has only 1 album that reads and can be seen in the library.
                        "The Masterpieces Decade I" appears in my library and all others do not.

Comment

I went through this thread once again and found this:

> I have updated the LMS version to the following and it still does not
                          > scan OPUS files.

> Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1667251155 @ Fri 04 Nov 2022 09:17:53 AM CET
                          > Perl Version: 5.34.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
                          > Audio::Scan: 1.05

There was a fix for Opus in Audio::Scan 1.06. Could you please update to
                          LMS 8.3.1 ("stable" tag in Docker) and try again? After the update
                          please double check you got Audio::Scan 1.06 (Settings/Information).
                          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                            Here is for the one that fails.
                            scanner.log (11).zip

Comment

I went through this thread once again and found this:

> I have updated the LMS version to the following and it still does not
                              > scan OPUS files.

> Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1667251155 @ Fri 04 Nov 2022 09:17:53 AM CET
                              > Perl Version: 5.34.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
                              > Audio::Scan: 1.05

There was a fix for Opus in Audio::Scan 1.06. Could you please update to
                              LMS 8.3.1 ("stable" tag in Docker) and try again? After the update
                              please double check you got Audio::Scan 1.06 (Settings/Information).
                              To note, we are running Perl 5.34 while the new LMS v8.3.1 runs Perl v5.32 and Audio Scan v1.06. I have asked @dlandon to see if he can update the docker.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG.5df5543ff4e115d7c372b5e0438d8cec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1576119
                              Last edited by HerculePirate; 2022-11-27, 04:02.

Comment

> To note, we are running Perl 5.34 while the new LMS v8.3.1 runs Perl

"We are running" - maybe you should stick with mainstream, and it might
                                just work?...
                                Actually @mherger I copy pasted the response from @dlandon from Unraid forums.
                                His argument is that an upgrade to Audio:Scan 1.06 should be done by the LMS developers.
                                He has updated the LMS from official channels.

Is there a way to have a library view by codecs. That way I can look at the albums that are scanned and feature in the LMS library view
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X