• Show
Clear All

Logitech Media Server 8.3.0released

> Now I would like to use new 8.3.0 in my new 720+ with DSM 7.x in my work
    > dockered with Spotty. In my work there is no Squeezebox
    >
    > Is this possible?

I don't understand. But sure: you can install LMS wherever you want. No
    need for a Squeezebox or music player. It just doesn't make sense :-).
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
      > Now I would like to use new 8.3.0 in my new 720+ with DSM 7.x in my work
      > dockered with Spotty. In my work there is no Squeezebox
      >
      > Is this possible?

I don't understand. But sure: you can install LMS wherever you want. No
      need for a Squeezebox or music player. It just doesn't make sense :-).
      Ok. Thank you Michael. I have an Squeezebox Classic with LMS in my home Synology 918+ . And I am very happy with it. What I wanted to know, if there is dockerized 8.3.0 yet for installing it in my work Synology 720+. Spotty came to life my Squeezebox Classic.

Thank you

jotap_66

Comment

> Ok. Thank you Michael. I have an Squeezebox Classic with LMS in my home
        > Synology 918+ . And I am very happy with it. What I wanted to know, if
        > there is dockerized 8.3.0 yet for installing it in my work Synology
        > 720+. Spotty came to life my Squeezebox Classic.

Sure, the official docker image has been updated to 8.3, too.
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

> Ok. Thank you Michael. I have an Squeezebox Classic with LMS in my home
          > Synology 918+ . And I am very happy with it. What I wanted to know, if
          > there is dockerized 8.3.0 yet for installing it in my work Synology
          > 720+. Spotty came to life my Squeezebox Classic.

Sure, the official docker image has been updated to 8.3, too.

Thank you Michael

Jotap_66

Comment

New version working great on QNAP TS-253D

Just wanted to give general feedback. All is well on my QNAP NAS. Thank you!

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1 - 1668787267 @ Fri 18 Nov 2022 05:29:34 PM CET
            Hostname: TS-253D
            Server IP Address: 192.168.10.168
            Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
            Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) [Debian 9 stretch] - EN - utf8
            Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
            Perl Version: 5.36.0 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
            Audio::Scan: 1.05
            IO::Socket::SSL: 2.070
            Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
            Total Players Recognized: 2
            QNAP TS-253D with 4TB EXOS drives RAID 1, QTS 5.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by Bill0t View Post
              Works like a charm on an old Synology DS418J
              Thanks to all !
              Hi,

I have a Synology DS218+ (with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1). Please could you let me know how I can install LSM in my Synology?

Many thanks,
              Daniel

Comment

> I have a Synology DS218+ (with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1). Please could
                > you let me know how I can install LSM in my Synology?

With DSM7 there are two options: use a different device (eg. a Raspberry
                Pi), or run it in Docker. The latter should be possible for you, as I
                think your devices is Intel based. LMS in Docker on Synology is well
                documented and covered in other threads.
                Michael

Comment

I guess the binaries aren't as far backwards compatible as I thought. According to my notes macOS 10.12 should be the minimum required - you're on 10.13, aren't you?
                  Not sure where I could find the info (most certainly here with a few hours of searching), but what is the latest LMS version I could use with Mac Min I running 10.7.5?

Comment

> 👍 Did Logitech transfer the admin rights of the MySB website to you?
                    > Just curious how you can post updates there.

I'm still a full time Logitech employee. I've been maintaining MySB for
                    the past decade or so :-D.
                    An manu thanks for this amongst all your other efforts. I still use mySB on occasion, when my server has gone MIA for some reason...

Comment

> Not sure where I could find the info (most certainly here with a few
                      > hours of searching), but what is the latest LMS version I could use with
                      > Mac Min I running 10.7.5?

LMS 8.3.1 should work again on older Macs.
                      Michael

Comment

MacOS 10.7.5: "Can't locate Tie/Cache/LRU.pm"

> Not sure where I could find the info (most certainly here with a few
                        > hours of searching), but what is the latest LMS version I could use with
                        > Mac Min I running 10.7.5?

LMS 8.3.1 should work again on older Macs.
                        I got out my old white macbook to test there first - it too is a core2 duo running 10.7.5. Installation went fine but it will not start; can you see anything obvious?

Code:
                        badger:server christopher$ uname -a
                        Darwin badger.localdomain 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23 16:26:45 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
                        badger:server christopher$ pwd
                        /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server
                        badger:server christopher$ ./slimserver.pl
                        The following modules failed to load: EV JSON::XS YAML::XS

This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 3 (v5.12.3) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
                        (with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

Copyright 1987-2010, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
                        GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
                        this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
                        Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the buildme.sh
                        script located here:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/8.3/CPAN

If 8.3 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "8.3" with the major version
                        You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the installers
                        don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

Exiting..
                        Can't locate Tie/Cache/LRU.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Application Support/Squeezebox /Users/christopher/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.3 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Utils/OS/OSX.pm line 299.
                        INIT failed--call queue aborted at ./slimserver.pl line 176.
                        badger:server christopher$

Comment

Hello, would it be possible to install this version on a Synology DS211j NAS please?
                          Alternatively, is there a working version for this NAS?
                          Thank you for the advice.
                          Jack

Comment

> Hello, would it be possible to install this version on a Synology DS211j
                            > NAS please?

No. Synology dropped support for LMS in DSM7. Consequently the
                            maintainer of the packages for Synology stopped producing packages.

With a device that old you'll be much happier running LMS on a Raspberry
                            Pi, even if it's "only" a Pi3.
                            Michael

Comment

> I got out my old white macbook to test there first - it too is a core2
                              > duo running 10.7.5. Installation went fine but it will not start; can
                              > you see anything obvious?

> This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 3 (v5.12.3) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

There's no Perl 5.18?

macOS 10.7 is really old... more than 10 years. I'm sorry if that's not
                              supported any more.
                              Michael

Comment

How can I updgrade my docker container on synology to 8.3 ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X