Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuous not working on Random Mix

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Continuous not working on Random Mix

    > [22-08-01 20:58:58.0401] Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin::commandCallback (959) Received command playlist loadtracks
    > [22-08-01 20:58:58.0404] Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin::commandCallback (960) While in mode: track, from bedroom
    > [22-08-01 20:58:58.0407] Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin::commandCallback (1018) Cyclic mode ending due to playlist: playlist loadtracks command


    Could you please enable INFO logging for control.command? This might
    give you a hint about what is sending that loadtracks command.

    #2
    Continuous not working on Random Mix

    Hi

    Wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour: the "Continuous" option does not seem to be working when a play a "Random MIx" Song Mix. I have mine set to "10 historical" and "10 upcoming". After pressing "Start" 10 tracks appear but also "Random Mix . Random Mix Stopped" flashes up on the screen. No further tracks are added to the playlist.

    Anybody got any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

    I am on LMS Version: 8.2.1 - 1652959290 running as a Docker Container.

    Thanks.

    Robert

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by bobcoupee View Post
      Hi

      Wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour: the "Continuous" option does not seem to be working when a play a "Random MIx" Song Mix. I have mine set to "10 historical" and "10 upcoming". After pressing "Start" 10 tracks appear but also "Random Mix . Random Mix Stopped" flashes up on the screen. No further tracks are added to the playlist.

      Anybody got any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

      I am on LMS Version: 8.2.1 - 1652959290 running as a Docker Container.

      Thanks.

      Robert
      Seeing the same here, pleased to see it's not just me!

      LMS v8.3 latest.
      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

      Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

      Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

      Comment


        #4
        I have random song mix set to show 8 upcoming and 2 historical tracks.

        When random song mix starts, it adds 8 tracks to the queue, when it gets to track 7 in the queue it adds a "song mix" icon.

        After track 8 it plays the "song mix".

        Rinse, repeat.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	song mix 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1575530

        Click image for larger version

Name:	song mix 02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1575531

        Click image for larger version

Name:	song mix 03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1575532
        Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

        Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
        Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
        Bedroom - Echo Show 8

        Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bobcoupee View Post
          Hi

          Wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour: the "Continuous" option does not seem to be working when a play a "Random MIx" Song Mix. I have mine set to "10 historical" and "10 upcoming". After pressing "Start" 10 tracks appear but also "Random Mix . Random Mix Stopped" flashes up on the screen. No further tracks are added to the playlist.

          Anybody got any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

          I am on LMS Version: 8.2.1 - 1652959290 running as a Docker Container.

          Thanks.

          Robert
          Oddly enough, I experienced similar behavior using the Dynamic Playlists 3 plugin, which I use instead of the built-in Random Mix. I did not see error messages such as you reported, but when I attempted to start a dynamic playlist, it would add ten tracks to the queue, but then it would add no more as the first ten played. After the last track played, the DSTM plugin would start the dynamic playlist again with another ten songs, and the cycle would continue to repeat.

          Even more strangely, when I reverted to the unsupported Dynamic Playlists 2 plugin, everything worked.

          I'm running the latest nightly of LMS 8.3 on a Raspberry Pi, and it's possible my issue began after installing one of the two nightlies released this week. I think there was also an update to DPL3 this week, but that would not have affected those using Random Mix.


          edit: this is exactly the same behavior described by kidstypike in his second post.
          Last edited by RobbH; 2022-07-31, 21:34. Reason: more info
          Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
            I have random song mix set to show 8 upcoming and 2 historical tracks.

            When random song mix starts, it adds 8 tracks to the queue, when it gets to track 7 in the queue it adds a "song mix" icon.

            After track 8 it plays the "song mix".

            Rinse, repeat.

            [ATTACH]38490[/ATTACH]

            [ATTACH]38491[/ATTACH]

            [ATTACH]38492[/ATTACH]
            Is yours set to "Continuous". My "Random Mix" is still adding a new track after a track ends.

            Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
              Is yours set to "Continuous". My "Random Mix" is still adding a new track after a track ends.
              Yes, continuous.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	song mix 05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1575533
              Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

              Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
              Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
              Bedroom - Echo Show 8

              Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
                Yes, continuous.

                [ATTACH]38493[/ATTACH]
                Strange. Mine still works on a Pi running Raspberry OS.

                Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                Bedroom: Radio
                Bathroom: Radio

                Comment


                  #9
                  My similar issue with Dynamic Playlists 3 is almost certainly not related to this issue. I checked, and Random Mix is working for me as it should. So it seems unlikely that an underlying problem might be causing issues with both.
                  Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Continuous not working on RandomMix

                    Working fine here. Would you see the same behaviour with the Default
                    skin? What other 3rd party plugins are you all using?
                    Michael

                    "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by mherger View Post
                      Working fine here. Would you see the same behaviour with the Default
                      skin? What other 3rd party plugins are you all using?
                      Can't fault Default.

                      Material working now too, after an overnight break, same 8 item playlist as when stopped last night. I'll keep it running all day to see if it breaks.

                      Nothing in server logs.

                      I don't use any music services.

                      Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1658898470 @ Wed 27 Jul 2022 07:28:15 AM CEST
                      Hostname: pi4music
                      Server IP Address: 192.168.1.114
                      Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                      Operating system: piCore - EN_GB - utf8
                      Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
                      Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                      Audio::Scan: 1.05
                      IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
                      Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
                      Total Players Recognized: 2

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	plugins.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1575538
                      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

                      Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

                      Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
                        Can't fault Default.

                        Material working now too, after an overnight break, same 8 item playlist as when stopped last night. I'll keep it running all day to see if it breaks.

                        Nothing in server logs.

                        I don't use any music services.

                        Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1658898470 @ Wed 27 Jul 2022 07:28:15 AM CEST
                        Hostname: pi4music
                        Server IP Address: 192.168.1.114
                        Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                        Operating system: piCore - EN_GB - utf8
                        Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
                        Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                        Audio::Scan: 1.05
                        IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
                        Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
                        Total Players Recognized: 2

                        [ATTACH]38498[/ATTACH]
                        The behaviour you saw last night "could" be caused by accidentally stopping Random Mix and having "Don't stop the music" set to something which produces a "song mix". A long shot but I could do that kind of thing quite easily [emoji2]

                        Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                        Bedroom: Radio
                        Bathroom: Radio

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                          The behaviour you saw last night "could" be caused by accidentally stopping Random Mix and having "Don't stop the music" set to something which produces a "song mix". A long shot but I could do that kind of thing quite easily [emoji2]
                          But the problem was not caused exclusively by starting a random song mix, I got the same problem also when clearing the play queue and playing a favourite track, halfway through the track a "song mix" would be added to the queue (DSTM set to use "song mix". then problem as described in post #3 above.
                          Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

                          Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                          Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                          Bedroom - Echo Show 8

                          Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
                            But the problem was not caused exclusively by starting a random song mix, I got the same problem also when clearing the play queue and playing a favourite track, halfway through the track a "song mix" would be added to the queue (DSTM set to use "song mix". then problem as described in post #3 above.
                            No idea then. As an aside I did notice there is no way to change the number of upcoming songs without actually starting a Random Mix.

                            Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                            Bedroom: Radio
                            Bathroom: Radio

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                              No idea then. As an aside I did notice there is no way to change the number of upcoming songs without actually starting a Random Mix.

                              Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                              Easily doable using the Default skin, either from an empty play queue or a paying play queue. No need to start a Random mix, the existing play queue adapts to the new setting.

                              Anyway, the problem seems to have resolved itself for me. Nothing from the other 2 posters with the same problem.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	playlistlength01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1575544
                              Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

                              Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                              Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                              Bedroom - Echo Show 8

                              Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X