Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
    You need the latest LMS 7.9.2 nightly.
    That's right. The OP is a bit confusing however, because it says "A Presets editor plugin".
    Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.3.0 on Xubuntu 22.04LTS

Comment

Wonderful!
      Just tried it on the PicorePlayer and now the 10 presets are in the right order as my favorites. Aside from this I also learned that there are lots of other commands I can apply to any button on the remote. Just forgot about this.

Thank you very much, Michael.
      3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

Comment

New in 7.9.2: Presets editor

> That's right. The OP is a bit confusing however, because it says "A
        > Presets editor plugin".

LMS has lots of plugins built in. It's a way to provide optional
        features which can be disabled if you don't need them. Plugins don't
        need to come from 3rd parties.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Is there any way to get more than buttons 1–6 to work on a touch? Holding for example button 7 makes it beep and bop as if it wants and could to do something. (Just wondering, not complaining. I didn't even now about presets until now.)
          QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
          LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

> Is there any way to get more than buttons 1–6 to work on a touch?

Maybe the patch ralphy did for Jivelite could be ported to the Touch?...

--

Michael
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

Thanks for this. Just yesterday I found myself in need of editing presets and I wondered why there wasn't anything on the server side. Today I discover this new development.

Comment

Small bug in the editor:

If I clear the URL line from a preset and hit 'Apply', I can't then clear the description line. Not until I re-enter some text for the URL and save it first.

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                  > Is there any way to get more than buttons 1–6 to work on a touch?

Maybe the patch ralphy did for Jivelite could be ported to the Touch?...

--

Michael
                  Unfortunately, porting the change to the touch would require recompiling the jive binary as the additional preset key names are unknown and cause nil values in lua.
                  Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
                  Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to this. Maybe that's just something to remember when for whatever reason the jive binaries are to be compiled anyway at some point.
                    QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
                    LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

> If I clear the URL line from a preset and hit 'Apply', I can't then
                      > clear the description line. Not until I re-enter some text for the URL
                      > and save it first.

Thanks! I changed behaviour to remove the preset if the URL is emptied.
                      New builds should be out shortly.

--

Michael
                      Michael

Comment

Are there any plans to make managing presets with this plugin accessible through the web UI, Michael?

Nevermind...found it!

Comment

I can choose and play only first three different presets on Touch. When i try to play preset 4 or 5 its saving now playing preset 3 on preset 4 or 5?

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                            I added a minor new feature to LMS 7.9.2: a Presets Editor plugin. You'd find it in Settings/Player. It allows you to review and modify the presets defined for your players. This is mostly interesting for Boom and Radio users. But other devices can take advantage of presets, too, by using the numerical keys on an IR remote.
                            Maybe late to the game here, but wanted to thank you and the community for the continued support for this great package. I just upgraded my vortexbox to 2.5, and now run LMS 7.9.2 ..

I went to LMS settings, and created presets from the drop down ... this looks like a much easier way to oranize favorites (I have a lot ! )

I have a duet controller/remote -- after creating the presets, where do they show up -- I do not see them in Favorites...I was able to find My Presets under Radio - but this takes me to Tune In Radio ...

Thank You-
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            Bill Clark, Windham, VT
                            Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1667251155 @ Fri 04 Nov 2022
                            Hostname: talos4 Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
                            -----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kappclark View Post
                              Maybe late to the game here, but wanted to thank you and the community for the continued support for this great package. I just upgraded my vortexbox to 2.5, and now run LMS 7.9.2 ..

I went to LMS settings, and created presets from the drop down ... this looks like a much easier way to oranize favorites (I have a lot ! )

I have a duet controller/remote -- after creating the presets, where do they show up -- I do not see them in Favorites...I was able to find My Presets under Radio - but this takes me to Tune In Radio ...

Thank You-
                              My Presets under "Radio" has nothing to do with the Preset Editor.

The Presets Editor is just an easy way to assign Tracks/Albums/Playlists/Radio Stations to the 6 preset buttons on the Squeezebox Radio and Boom hardware devices.
                              Last edited by kidstypike; 2019-10-13, 10:09.
                              Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                              Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                              Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Thanks for clearing this up ...
                                ----------------------------------------------
                                Bill Clark, Windham, VT
                                Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1667251155 @ Fri 04 Nov 2022
                                Hostname: talos4 Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
                                -----------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X