Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resampling to fixed sample rate

Hi,

may be somebody here will be so nice to help me to solve some of my transcoding troubles with c-3po.

What I am trying to accomplish is to resample everything to 48kHz for particular player in my setup. The player in question is the old Squeezebox v3. The reason for this resampling is that i want to drive my miniDSP DDRC-24 (DRC Dirac / DAC box) at 48kHz because it's internal ASRC is not very good, so it is recommended to run it at its internal sampling rate of 48kHz. (Details: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...hd.2459/page-2).

I already had DSDPlayer setup and working before adding c-3po, as I do have some DSD64 as DSF and DFF files.

So setup c-3po, activated it only for the squeezebox driving miniDSP, configured it as shown in attached screen shots and it seems to work, but with a couple of issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-15 um 15 Juni 18.41.59.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1572543Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-15 um 15 Juni 18.41.48.png
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1572680Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-15 um 15 Juni 18.41.29.png
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1572681

1. No scrolling possible when playing FLAC. When I try to scroll the player jumps to next track. Otherwise the output is at 48kHz, as i want it

2. DSD is converted down to 44,1kHz, not 48kHz, but scrolling works. Is this because DSD is routed through DSD Player and not c-3PO? And if this is the case, can I disable DSDPlayer just for this one squeezebox (I know, might be a wrong thread to ask)?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Daniel

Comment

Almost forgot one more thing:

Most DFF files play OK (besides not being at 48kHz), but some are not, player just jumps through album tracks to the end of album. The same tracks steam OK through picorePlayer to my other USB DAC. Might be again DSDPlayer issue, assuming it takes priority to c-3PO.

Comment

Unable to run C-3PO transcoder see server log.

C-3PO does not start.

Code:
        21-09-04 17:45:57.1795] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [17:45:57.1793] Subroutine preferences redefined at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/PreferencesHelper.pm line 53.
        [21-09-04 17:46:01.4862] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [17:46:01.4860] Use of uninitialized value $pathToPerl in -e at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/EnvironmentHelper.pm line 168.
        [21-09-04 17:46:01.5529] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [17:46:01.5527] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 1135.
        Code:
        [B]Logitech Media Server Status[/B]
        Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1630708436 @ Sat Sep 4 02:03:30 WEDT 2021
        Hostname: HOMER
        Server IP Address: 192.168.1.2
        Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
        Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
        Platform Architecture: 8664
        Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
        Audio::Scan: 1.02
        IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
        Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
        Total Players Recognized: 0
        Any assistance is appreciated.

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue:

[22-02-26 20:00:30.0769] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [20:00:30.0766] Subroutine preferences redefined at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/PreferencesHelper.pm line 53.
          [22-02-26 20:00:41.2712] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [20:00:41.2709] Use of uninitialized value $pathToPerl in -e at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/EnvironmentHelper.pm line 168.
          [22-02-26 20:00:41.4157] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [20:00:41.4155] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 1135.

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1628743314 @ Thu Aug 12 06:47:15 WEDT 2021
          Hostname: DESKTOP-MDPAPQO
          Server IP Address: 192.168.1.57
          Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
          Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
          Platform Architecture: 8664
          Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
          Audio::Scan: 1.04
          IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
          Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
          Total Players Recognized: 1
          Marvin

Comment

Convert all over 48 khz

Dear Forum,
            i am running lms on picoreplayer with a squeezebox touch connected remotely via openvpn.
            when playing high res files, the touch has buffer issues.
            i tried to use c-3po to downconvert all flacs with higher samplerate.
            it is working fine, but it does reconvert all files, even the ones with 44.1. and with these reconverted i can not scroll within the song.

Is there a way with c-3po , or maybe even without it, to downconvert only flacs with samplerate higher than 48khz on only one player?

Thanks
            Last edited by Pommes; 2022-05-06, 16:17.
            The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Comment

Extrastereo

Dear Marco,

I hope you are following this thread and can help. I am a long time user of C-3PO and overall very happy with it. I normally use C-3PO to transcode from flac to pcm and upsample to the highest my DAC can handle (384000) so that i can bypass any filtering after the DAC ([flac] -dcs --totally-silent $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t wav -b 24 --buffer 32768 --multi-threaded - gain -h -1 rate -v -M -a -b 95.7 384000). This works very well.

I have a little programing experience and would like to figure out how make an addition to C-3PO. Ffmpeg has a filter called extrastereo that i have been playing with and enjoy listening to. I notice that in your manual you mention that C-3PO can use ffmgpeg. I've looked through FfmpecHelper.pm but it only has functions for splitting and transcoding. Can you tell me if with the existing code ffmpeg can be added to the audio flow either going into or out of sox (ffmpeg -af extrastereo)? If not, can you recommend which file would be best to append to for inserting such code? Any tips or pointers would be helpful and very appreciated.

Marvin
              Marvin

Comment

C-3PO log

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if the following warnings in the server log are something that requires my attention:

"[22-10-14 01:31:44.6443] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [01:31:44.6441] Subroutine preferences redefined at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/PreferencesHelper.pm line 53.
                [22-10-14 01:31:54.6393] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [01:31:54.6391] Use of uninitialized value $pathToPerl in -e at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/EnvironmentHelper.pm line 168.
                [22-10-14 01:31:54.6819] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [01:31:54.6818] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 1135."

Thanks in advance...
                Some friends, associates and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technologies and you're all welcome to join us:

https://facebook.com/groups/hifiaudiostreaming/

Comment

How to install Squeezelite R2 (server not responding)

Hi I am using LMS on an old Vortexbox server (Fedora linux).
                  How do I install the Squeezelite R2.
                  I already tried the Falcon/setup.pl but the compile fails
                  The hosted site for Marco does not work anymore.
                  I am not a techie but can execute simple commands on linux.
                  Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Use archive.org’s way back machine for an archived version of Marco’s website [emoji4]

Comment

You should be able to use one of the squeezelite builds at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/squeezelite/

The main difference between R2 and these builds that you need to add the -W command line parameter to enable the wave file header parsing.
                      Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
                      Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
                        Use archive.org’s way back machine for an archived version of Marco’s website [emoji4]
                        Thank you for the reply. But I could not his project in archive.org

Comment

Originally posted by ralphy View Post
                          You should be able to use one of the squeezelite builds at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/squeezelite/

The main difference between R2 and these builds that you need to add the -W command line parameter to enable the wave file header parsing.
                          Thank you the tips. I did manage to copy the compiled version of the latest Squeezelite per the link. However, 3CPO still doesnt work (pink noise).
                          I tried compiling the R2 version from the source but got all sorts of errors.
                          Where should I add the -W command - is that in a config file- please let me know where its located?
                          Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by devgcl View Post
                            Thank you for the reply. But I could not his project in archive.org

I just checked, Marco’s website is up and running!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
                              http://marcoc1712.it/

I just checked, Marco’s website is up and running!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
                              Thanks. His website linked to another site explaining how to compile the Squeezelite-R2. I tried that with make command after installing the dependencies. Keep getting the following error "Makefile:82: recipe for target 'flac.o' failed". Can't find any solution to this error while searching online.
                              Does anyone have the squeezelite-R2 binary which I can directly copy into the /usr/bin/ location without going through the install process.
                              Thanks again

Comment

There are 32 and 64 bit intel builds of squeezelite 1.8.4-R2 available here.

Note that R2 is based on a very old version of squeezelite and therefore is missing many enhancements and bug fixes.
                                Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
                                Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X