Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't connect to my picore install all of a sudden?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
    Thanks a lot for that Paul. I've tried it and I'm still getting a high packet loss, 86%. Any idea what this means? I've not changed anything network or router wise and my setup was working pretty flawlessly (very occasional pauses) up to attempting to install the plugin.

    I get the feeling I'm looking at a reinstall..
    Just a thought. What size did you expand the file system to when you installed pCP on your SD card?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

    Comment


      #17
      Two things;

      what sort of case is the pizero 2-W in ?

      and

      what sort of IP Address is 10.0.0.23 ?

      ronnie

      and is it Ethernet or Wireless to the network ?

      I know..........I can't count

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Man in a van View Post
        ....
        what sort of IP Address is 10.0.0.23 ?
        ...


        Just part of another block of private network addresses, like 192.168.0.0.
        Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by RobbH View Post
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserved_IP_addresses

          Just part of another block of private network addresses, like 192.168.0.0.
          Thanks

          My money is on that being the cause of the problem

          The set up seems overly tooooooo complicated imo

          ronnie

          Comment


            #20
            gizzmo, traceroute is also installed so you can substitute that for ping (it's spelled tracert in Redmond)
            If you live in a densely populated area WiFi can degrade due to overcrowding of a channel, I have a wifi analyzer on my phone to show this.

            Unless you make a change that is written back to the sd card with backup or from the gui then a power clear is as good as a reinstall as the sd card is unmounted after boot, this a major part of the elegance of picoreplayer.

            Bonne chance, Strebor

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by strebor56 View Post
              gizzmo, traceroute is also installed so you can substitute that for ping (it's spelled tracert in Redmond)
              If you live in a densely populated area WiFi can degrade due to overcrowding of a channel, I have a wifi analyzer on my phone to show this.

              Unless you make a change that is written back to the sd card with backup or from the gui then a power clear is as good as a reinstall as the sd card is unmounted after boot, this a major part of the elegance of picoreplayer.

              Bonne chance, Strebor
              Thanks for the replies everyone. I have my zero2 in a very small case, practically the same size as it. It's attached to the modem/router wirelessly too. When I checked (when it was working) my coverage within the squeezebox settings I'm getting 73%, which is pretty good as I believe. As I said the setup has been working flawlessly since now.

              @strebor what do you mean by a power clear? Do you meaning just mean power cycling the pi, off/on? If so I've been doing that numerous times.

              @slartibartfast I'm not sure what I expanded the file size to actually. How would that have a bearing on me not being able to connect via a browser? It's a 32gb microsd card.

              One thing to maybe mention. On the boot up sequence I get the following line in grey, Ould it have any bearing on the issue?
              Code:
              umount : can't unmount /mnt/sda1: Invalid argument
              I'm kinda at a loss here. Really miss being able to stream. I don't see anyway forward other than reinstalling?

              Comment


                #22
                Yes exactly power off wait a few seconds then on::: However if you have LMS running on the pi then this is not the case as LMS writes persistent data and the pi should be shut down in an orderly fashion.

                Reflash the SD maybe a good idea
                S

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
                  Thanks for the replies everyone. I have my zero2 in a very small case, practically the same size as it. It's attached to the modem/router wirelessly too. When I checked (when it was working) my coverage within the squeezebox settings I'm getting 73%, which is pretty good as I believe. As I said the setup has been working flawlessly since now.

                  @strebor what do you mean by a power clear? Do you meaning just mean power cycling the pi, off/on? If so I've been doing that numerous times.

                  @slartibartfast I'm not sure what I expanded the file size to actually. How would that have a bearing on me not being able to connect via a browser? It's a 32gb microsd card.

                  One thing to maybe mention. On the boot up sequence I get the following line in grey, Ould it have any bearing on the issue?
                  Code:
                  umount : can't unmount /mnt/sda1: Invalid argument
                  I'm kinda at a loss here. Really miss being able to stream. I don't see anyway forward other than reinstalling?
                  If you didn't expand the file system at all or made it too small then when it fills up it won't work anymore.

                  Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                  Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                  Bedroom: Radio
                  Bathroom: Radio

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                    If you didn't expand the file system at all or made it too small then when it fills up it won't work anymore.

                    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                    Thanks again everyone.

                    @slartibartfast Ahh I see.

                    I'm thinking reflashing is my best option now then. Regarding this, is there a way to find out the name of my player and hostname via the console? I can't remember it exactly and I'd like to enter the same settings to that my samba connection still works with my PC.

                    Also, would I be able to simply reinstall and then plug my USB stick containing my collection into the pi and it just picks up from there again?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      From memory ... pCP shows the hostname on the console at the end of startup.
                      default being http://pcp.local ... i.e. hostname pcp and fully qualified as pcp.local
                      Paul Webster
                      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                      Comment


                        #26
                        If you are still getting dropped packets it is a network issue. Dropouts need to be 0%.

                        If you are using wired ethernet check the cabling etc

                        If you are using wifi, move it close too router to check.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Greg Erskine View Post
                          If you are still getting dropped packets it is a network issue. Dropouts need to be 0%.

                          If you are using wired ethernet check the cabling etc

                          If you are using wifi, move it close too router to check.
                          Thanks again everyone.

                          So I reinstalled and.. I got exactly the same issue, dropped packets! Luckily I had an old original zero to hand so I swapped the microsd card and you guessed it, it works perfectly! I don't understand it. It also oddly wants to occupy 10.0.0.11, which initially caught me out. Swapping back to the zero2 and I get the same packet loss and it wants to sit on 10.0.0.23 again.

                          I'm going to try and install the basic rpi os on the zero2 tomorrow to see if it works but I can't understand what's wrong. Could the wifi module on the zero2 be screwed? If so wouldn't it simply not work? Why would it be connecting at all? Also could it just be a coincidence that this happened while installing a plugin?? It seems mighty odd that everything was working perfectly right up to this plugin install?? Anyone have any ideas?

                          Also one thing that I'd really like cleared up is is it better to have the pi nearer to the router or the squeezebox?
                          Last edited by gizmo1990; 2022-12-02, 23:54.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            @gizmo1990

                            I have installed LMS and Squeezelite using both the default piCoreplayer v8.2 Standard and the Raspberry pi Bullseye 32 bit lite (using the raspberry pi imager tool, which enables one to preconfigure the ssh and wireless setups) on both a wireless enable pi zero and a pizero 2-W.

                            The latter is quicker than the former, but both are hardly speedy

                            It's not, in my opinion, worhwhile to use a Desktop image on either of these devices,especially if the only aim is to run LMS.

                            piCorePlayer is the easiest install, again, imo

                            I just reserve an IP Address on the Router, although, if the pi is in daily use, this is hardly necessary (again, imo)

                            atb

                            ronnie

                            Comment


                              #29
                              @gizmo1990

                              The IP address allocated by DHCP depends on the MAC address of the network device. So different RPi have different MAC addresses, therefore one would expect a different IP address to be allocated.

                              Have you somehow duplicated IP addresses?

                              regards
                              Greg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X