Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading list in picoplayer ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Reading list in picoplayer ?

    Hello word,

    First question: how to make my onw reading list without picoreplayer (with a PC for example, wy MP3 are on a NAS file server) ?

    Second question : Do you know how to make a reading list with only MP3 witch have this tag ? (My best MP3 are tagged with a "1" or "2" character in the commentary tag=

    Thanks you all for your help or advice

    #2
    Use the advanced search from the main LMS menu? You can search several tags including the comments field. Or Database Query which helps build an SQL query?

    Comment


      #3
      perfect but how to feed the search query to a define reading list

      Many thanks stereoptic but how to feed the search query to a define reading list ?

      KR

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by bibibi View Post
        Many thanks stereoptic but how to feed the search query to a define reading list ?

        KR
        I am not sure - cut and paste? The Database query has the option to output to several different file formats including csv.

        Comment


          #5
          answer

          there is several pages to output so cut and paste can't work no ?

          How do you make a database query ? could you give a example and the selected output format (i have got the pluggin) ? I can't find it on web ..

          my target is to make some reading list with MP3 tagged with "1" in commentary ...

          Many many thanks
          Last edited by bibibi; 2022-11-11, 00:11.

          Comment


            #6
            Just to be clear in case of a translation problem ... what do you want to do with the "reading list"?
            Paul Webster
            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

            Comment


              #7
              playlist in picoplayer

              Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
              Just to be clear in case of a translation problem ... what do you want to do with the "reading list"?
              "reading list" = liste de lecture (in french) = playlist (in english)

              Sorry my english is not very powerfull ...

              So playlist would be the right term :-)

              I don't know how to see it in picopplayer and i like to feed a playlist with all my MP3 tagged with "1" in commentary ..

              Thanks for your advice if you know how i have to do ...

              Comment


                #8
                I have not tried this ... but take a look at the Dynamic Playlist plugin.
                Another approach could be to use "Library Views".
                First do the "Advanced Search" and then when that is providing the tracks that you expected you can use save that as a Library View ... and then you can select that view when you want to play some or all of those tracks.
                Paul Webster
                Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                Comment


                  #9
                  answer

                  Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                  I have not tried this ... but take a look at the Dynamic Playlist plugin.
                  Another approach could be to use "Library Views".
                  First do the "Advanced Search" and then when that is providing the tracks that you expected you can use save that as a Library View ... and then you can select that view when you want to play some or all of those tracks.
                  Yes thanks you i test the dynamics pluggins => it's not very user frendly soon (i don't undestand all...) perhaps it will come...

                  For the advanced search, i can't undestand how to save it as a libray view (what is a librayre view ? ) ? Could you tell me how to feed it (i don't find any menu..) ? many thanks

                  Many thanks

                  Comment


                    #10
                    From the Advanced Search from the Default web interface ...
                    when you are happy with the search results ...
                    click on Advanced Search at the top of the search results where it shows
                    Home > Advanced Search
                    You should then have a split screen with the results at the bottom and the search form at the top ...
                    and in that new top split screen you should see at the bottom ...
                    Save as

                    Put the name you want and then click on "as Library View"

                    Then ... go back to the home menu and choose
                    My Music/Library Views
                    and pick your new one.
                    Your list of music under MY Music is now restricted by that View.
                    Paul Webster
                    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks you Paul it Work but ?

                      Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                      From the Advanced Search from the Default web interface ...
                      when you are happy with the search results ...
                      click on Advanced Search at the top of the search results where it shows
                      Home > Advanced Search
                      You should then have a split screen with the results at the bottom and the search form at the top ...
                      and in that new top split screen you should see at the bottom ...
                      Save as

                      Put the name you want and then click on "as Library View"

                      Then ... go back to the home menu and choose
                      My Music/Library Views
                      and pick your new one.
                      Your list of music under MY Music is now restricted by that View.
                      Thanks you very very much Paul it Work perfectly BUT when i choice all album and all songs (490 there) i can't click on songs to read all : the song clicking screen is black (i supose there is to many i my poor PI3 can't do it ??)

                      Any idea (to read all restricted songs) ?
                      Isn't it be better throught a real play list ?

                      Many thanks

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by bibibi View Post
                        Thanks you very very much Paul it Work perfectly BUT when i choice all album and all songs (490 there) i can't click on songs to read all : the song clicking screen is black (i supose there is to many i my poor PI3 can't do it ??)

                        Any idea (to read all restricted songs) ?
                        Try adding some more criteria to the search - e.g. artist name starts with "a" or year after 1999.
                        Make it very restrictive at first just to see if it works.
                        If it does then perhaps the size was the issue.

                        Isn't it be better throught a real play list ?
                        With a real playlist you would have to remember to add to it when new tracks are added to your system.
                        With the Library View or Dynamic Playlists the data is updated automatically when new tracks are added or old ones removed.
                        Paul Webster
                        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                          Try adding some more criteria to the search - e.g. artist name starts with "a" or year after 1999.
                          Make it very restrictive at first just to see if it works.
                          If it does then perhaps the size was the issue.

                          With a real playlist you would have to remember to add to it when new tracks are added to your system.
                          With the Library View or Dynamic Playlists the data is updated automatically when new tracks are added or old ones removed.
                          Thanks you Paul. Ok i now undestand the value added to use a Libray instead of palylist.

                          I have tried with 20 answer and it work perfectly. But with the one i have 490 answers i have a black screen (when i select a song on all album selecter with all song). I have wait for a long but nothing append.

                          Is there a maximun size to select all album and all song ?? Is it a bug with raspberry harware ?

                          Thanks a lot

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Perhaps something does not have enough memory.

                            Take a look at the LMS server.log (Default web interface/Settings (bottom right)/Information and then scroll to the bottom
                            Paul Webster
                            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                            Comment


                              #15
                              answer

                              Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                              Perhaps something does not have enough memory.

                              Take a look at the LMS server.log (Default web interface/Settings (bottom right)/Information and then scroll to the bottom

                              Today it's work perfectly !! I don't undestrand why :-)

                              Many thanks Paul

                              i just have a warning in the log :
                              [22-11-13 10:27:31.8704] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [10:27:31.8698] Use of uninitialized value $customPlaylistFolder in string eq at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/DynamicPlaylists3/Plugin.pm line 5078.


                              And some message on LMS page:
                              "Warning: Logitech Media Server (LMS) is a server database application and needs to be shutdown properly more>"

                              But everything work fine, many thanks PAul !!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X