No announcement yet.

Reading list in picoplayer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had you restarted LMS since the last failure?
    If yes then maybe it freed up some memory or other resource.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
      Had you restarted LMS since the last failure?
      If yes then maybe it freed up some memory or other resource.
      yes i have tried to restart it several time to make perfomance low on advanced tab in LMS parameter (normal memory, not pre-cache for atwork). All the same, always this warning on general page :

"Warning: Logitech Media Server (LMS) is a server database application and needs to be shutdown properly more>"

I have trieggereg log but the only message i have in LMS is:
      [22-11-13 17:53:41.5627] main::init (377) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.3.0, 1667251155, Fri 04 Nov 2022 09:19:49 AM CET) perl 5.032001 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

How could i not what i have to fine tune

Many thanks

Comment

That warning is a general purpose reminder ... that you should shutdown LMS properly rather than simply turning off the power.

pCP without LMS can tolerate simply being turned off because it once it is running it makes almost no use of the "disk".
        However, that changes when LMS is running.
        LMS frequently writes to the storage - and turning off while a write is in progress can make a mess of the file system and if it was writing the its underlying database then it is possible that LMS would not restart on reboot.
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

answer

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
          That warning is a general purpose reminder ... that you should shutdown LMS properly rather than simply turning off the power.

pCP without LMS can tolerate simply being turned off because it once it is running it makes almost no use of the "disk".
          However, that changes when LMS is running.
          LMS frequently writes to the storage - and turning off while a write is in progress can make a mess of the file system and if it was writing the its underlying database then it is possible that LMS would not restart on reboot.
          Ok thls i undesrtand. So for PI users how to be sure that LMS server is not writing ?

Now, advanted search is not properly working. For example, i have MP3 with 1 in commentary and other with 2. Is seem to work with 1 but not with 2 (and other, i have BestOff also in commentary isn't working)... I don't understand anything...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bibibi View Post
            Ok thls i undesrtand. So for PI users how to be sure that LMS server is not writing ?
            By asking LMS to stop.
            It is on the LMS page of pCP.

Now, advanted search is not properly working. For example, i have MP3 with 1 in commentary and other with 2. Is seem to work with 1 but not with 2 (and other, i have BestOff also in commentary isn't working)... I don't understand anything...
            Without detailed logs it will be hard for people to help you trace and resolve the issue.
            If you are using Dynamic Playlists 3 then perhaps write a message with details in the thread for that plugin.
            Paul Webster

Comment

Working...
            X