Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Joggler HD Skin with Controls (Took me all week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carsten_h View Post
    I downloaded pcp-jivelite.tcz and VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz to my piCorePlayer, but after a reboot it doesn‘t start jivelite any more.
    If I understand your videos correctly, JogglerSkinApplet.lua is part of pcp-jivelite.tcz, or do I have to exchange it in your new pcp-jivelite.tcz too?
    Or is there some other thing I have to change before I exchange the files?
    Quick and easy is just swapping the pcp-jivelite.tcz file plus the VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz and rebooting, harder way is swapping the JogglerSkinApplet.lua but you need to install squashhfs-tools.tcz to unpack the pcp-jivelite.tcz file then swap the JogglerSkinApplet.lua for mine then repack and reboot

Comment

Originally posted by Eyerex View Post
      Quick and easy is just swapping the pcp-jivelite.tcz file plus the VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz and rebooting,
      That is what I have done. But it is not working. I can see the logs on the screen which just stop. Normally there would be shortly a screen with the piCorePlayer Logo, but this is not showing.

These are the versions for my installation: „piCorePlayer v8.1.0 | www v00017 | linux 5.10.77-pcpCore-v7 (32) | piCore v13.1 | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1403-pCP“
      I don‘t know where to find the jivelite version.
      Last edited by carsten_h; 2022-05-26, 13:26.
      Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
      Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
      Pi Zero W only for Bluetooth headphones
      Two Airport Express
      Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

That is what I have done. But it is not working. I can see the logs on the screen which just stop. Normally there would be shortly a screen with the piCorePlayer Logo, but this is not showing.

These are the versions for my installation: „piCorePlayer v8.1.0 | www v00017 | linux 5.10.77-pcpCore-v7 (32) | piCore v13.1 | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1403-pCP“
        I don‘t know where to find the jivelite version.
        Are you installing the HD version as there is problems with the output with HDMI with Picoreplayer version 8 so i always use version 7 of Picoreplayer which works fine https://docs.picoreplayer.org/releases/pcp700/

Comment

Are you installing the HD version as there is problems with the output with HDMI with Picoreplayer version 8 so i always use version 7 of Picoreplayer which works fine https://docs.picoreplayer.org/releases/pcp700/
          No I did install the version for the 7“ display. So your files are only for piCorePlayer 7? Then this should be the problem. I am using a Hifiberry board for sound, so I have no HDMI activated.
          Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
          Two Airport Express
          Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

No I did install the version for the 7“ display. So your files are only for piCorePlayer 7? Then this should be the problem. I am using a Hifiberry board for sound, so I have no HDMI activated.
            Files for 7" display are done with version 8 so shouldn't be a problem, will do a clean install and see if something is wonky

Comment

I downloaded pcp-jivelite.tcz and VU_Meter_Blue_Glow.tcz to my piCorePlayer, but after a reboot it doesn‘t start jivelite any more.
              If I understand your videos correctly, JogglerSkinApplet.lua is part of pcp-jivelite.tcz, or do I have to exchange it in your new pcp-jivelite.tcz too?
              Or is there some other thing I have to change before I exchange the files?
              Just did a test with the pcp-jivelite.tcz file which was made on a Pi4 running the 64 bit version of Picoreplayer and tried loading onto a Pi3 using the 32 bit version and something seems wonky the .lua method works fine just not the pcp-jivelite.tcz method

What Pi are you using 3 or 4 plus 32bit or 64 bit version of Picoreplayer ?

Test version made on a Pi3 32 bit pcp-jivelite.tcz https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pU-...ew?usp=sharing
              Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-26, 18:45.

Comment

What Pi are you using 3 or 4 plus 32bit or 64 bit version of Picoreplayer ?
                I am using a Pi3B+ with the 32bit piCorePlayer.
                I will make a test later when I am back at home.
                Two Airport Express
                Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

Test version made on a Pi3 32 bit pcp-jivelite.tcz https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pU-...ew?usp=sharing
                  This has been the solution! Thank you very much for this great work!

It is now looking like this:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	77294A35-AE19-447E-91B7-3EBC0BDA9E2E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	1575141
                  Two Airport Express
                  Ikea Symfonisk

Comment

Good to see it's working now

Comment

Any plan for other screen resolution ?

Thanks for the great work.

It works perfectly on my setup (RPi 3B+, Raspberry Pi OS bullseye, Squeezelite, JiveLite - custom install) with official raspberry 7" touch monitor.

I also have a 10.1" touch screen monitor with 1280x800 resolution.
                      JogglerSkins of your modifications support only 800x480 and 1920x1080 resolution.
                      So I cannot use it for 1280x800 monitor.

I looked at the .lua file, but it's way beyond my ability to understand and modify the code myself for the resolution.

Do you any plans for porting to other resolutions ?
                      Or any clue to do the modification by myself ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by jerry80 View Post
                        Thanks for the great work.

It works perfectly on my setup (RPi 3B+, Raspberry Pi OS bullseye, Squeezelite, JiveLite - custom install) with official raspberry 7" touch monitor.

I also have a 10.1" touch screen monitor with 1280x800 resolution.
                        JogglerSkins of your modifications support only 800x480 and 1920x1080 resolution.
                        So I cannot use it for 1280x800 monitor.

I looked at the .lua file, but it's way beyond my ability to understand and modify the code myself for the resolution.

Do you any plans for porting to other resolutions ?
                        Or any clue to do the modification by myself ?

Thanks in advance
                        Sorry not had any plans to port to other resolutions but you never know and may have a look

ps i was in the same boat not having a clue about coding (still don't) but if you even just want a tinker / play which won't break anything download LMS Clients Files from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...elite/windows/ which will give you a client player which will load a player on windows with most display resolutions with all the .lua files so you can test settings / things you changed and just reload it's player so you can see your changes right away without having to load everything on a working Picoreplayer "it makes life so much easier seeing your changes"

Only thing which can be a pain is working with the Meters and Spectrum Visualizer as they need to be loaded onto a working Picoreplayer to see your changes and when your trying to workout why thing don't work or move things about it's a pain having to unpack, repack and reboot just to see if what you changed has worked

Other option to test with maybe LMS Clients https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...eplay/windows/ as you get audio plus meters

Give it ago you may surprise yourself
                        Last edited by Eyerex; 2022-05-27, 13:29.

Comment

Quick little video showing how to use jivelite-0.1-lua-r205-win32 and move text about

Comment

Many thanks...

Sorry not had any plans to port to other resolutions but you never know and may have a look

ps i was in the same boat not having a clue about coding (still don't) but if you even just want a tinker / play which won't break anything download LMS Clients Files from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...elite/windows/ which will give you a client player which will load a player on windows with most display resolutions with all the .lua files so you can test settings / things you changed and just reload it's player so you can see your changes right away without having to load everything on a working Picoreplayer "it makes life so much easier seeing your changes"

Only thing which can be a pain is working with the Meters and Spectrum Visualizer as they need to be loaded onto a working Picoreplayer to see your changes and when your trying to workout why thing don't work or move things about it's a pain having to unpack, repack and reboot just to see if what you changed has worked

Other option to test with maybe LMS Clients https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...eplay/windows/ as you get audio plus meters

Give it ago you may surprise yourself

Thank you very much especially for the two wonderful LMS clients.
                            Instruction video just below is also greatly appreciated.

Comment

Picoreplayer move Progress Bar and resize

Comment

A very rough guide to resizing meters and placement plus turn options on

Comment

Working...
                                X