No announcement yet.

piCorePlayer 8.0.0 - Bluetooth Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly something with that chipset is not cooperating. Can you try running the daemon from a ssh session?

Code:
    sudo pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py
    Then post what happens when it crashes.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

Originally posted by paul- View Post
      Possibly something with that chipset is not cooperating. Can you try running the daemon from a ssh session?

Code:
      sudo pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py
      Then post what happens when it crashes.
      Here goes:

Code:
      [email protected]:~$ sudo pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 177, in activate_name_owner
          return self.get_name_owner(bus_name)
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 361, in get_name_owner
          return self.call_blocking(BUS_DAEMON_NAME, BUS_DAEMON_PATH,
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 652, in call_blocking
          reply_message = self.send_message_with_reply_and_block(
      dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name 'org.bluealsa': no such name

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/local/bin/pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py", line 828, in <module>
          get_connected_devices()
        File "/usr/local/bin/pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py", line 214, in get_connected_devices
          device = dbus_get_pcm_devices()
        File "/usr/local/bin/pcp-btspeaker-daemon.py", line 58, in dbus_get_pcm_devices
          dev_object = bus.get_object('org.bluealsa', '/org/bluealsa')
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 241, in get_object
          return self.ProxyObjectClass(self, bus_name, object_path,
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 250, in __init__
          self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 182, in activate_name_owner
          self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 277, in start_service_by_name
          return (True, self.call_blocking(BUS_DAEMON_NAME, BUS_DAEMON_PATH,
        File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 652, in call_blocking
          reply_message = self.send_message_with_reply_and_block(
      dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluealsa was not provided by any .service files
      [email protected]:~$
      Robert
      Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
      Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
      2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
      Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
      Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Comment

An error to trap, but bluealsa is not running for some reason on that system. What happens if you run bluealsa from command line.

Code:
        sudo /usr/local/bin/bluealsa --profile=a2dp-source --profile=a2dp-sink --profile=hsp-ag --profile=hfp-ag

Comment

An error to trap, but bluealsa is not running for some reason on that system. What happens if you run bluealsa from command line.

Code:
          sudo /usr/local/bin/bluealsa --profile=a2dp-source --profile=a2dp-sink --profile=hsp-ag --profile=hfp-ag
          Code:
          [email protected]:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/bluealsa --profile=a2dp-source --profile=a2dp-s
          ink --profile=hsp-ag --profile=hfp-ag
          Illegal instruction
          [email protected]:~$
          Robert
          Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
          Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
          2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
          Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
          Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Comment

Oh that's not good. Can you please confirm. The specific RPI board. (Should be able to Get this on the Diagnostics Page - Raspberry Pi Tab.)

Comment

Bt dropouts

In pcp 7 the Bluetooth speaker connections were super solid. I'm finding the same connections in 8 are often subject to dropouts, seems more prevalent with earbuds...

Occurs with both inbuilt bt or a bt dongle.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

There is much less latency (buffering) in the system. We might have to add some latency back into the system.

Comment

There is much less latency (buffering) in the system. We might have to add some latency back into the system.
                  Would that be via an update to the bt routines?
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by castalla View Post
                    Would that be via an update to the bt routines?
                    Yes it would. I just need to try to recreate the issue, since I've really not noticed a problem

Comment

Yes it would. I just need to try to recreate the issue, since I've really not noticed a problem
                      I have tried a Creative headset - no issues.

Both Urbanista Stockholm and Sounpeats trubuds suffer dropouts (not present in 7)

Comment

Do either of these support aac? I have added aac support in bluealsa, however I don't have any headsets that use aac to test it?

Grumpy Bob,
                        Update the bluetooth modules from the bluetooth page, that should correct the Invalid Instruction issue. I guess I forgot to build with proper compile flags for older boards.

Paul

Comment

Do either of these support aac? I have added aac support in bluealsa, however I don't have any headsets that use aac to test it?

Grumpy Bob,
                          Update the bluetooth modules from the bluetooth page, that should correct the Invalid Instruction issue. I guess I forgot to build with proper compile flags for older boards.

Paul
                          Not sure. Updated and dropouts (plus clicks) are still present (eg. Tidal aac stream)

Comment

Check the bluetooth logs. It should show the codec being used.

Comment

Check the bluetooth logs. It should show the codec being used.
                              Would that be:

TRANSPORT:hfpag

?

Comment

That is a handsfree profile, that is likely connecting, then disconnecting. Need to see more of the logs.

Comment

Working...
                                X