Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANNOUNCE] Music-Playback now on ANDROID! SqueezePlayer released to the market ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SqueezePlayer could not verify it's Android Market License

I've resolved this on both my Android devices.

Under Settings, Application Manager, select Squeeze Player and click "Clear data".

Run Squeezeplayer and all is well again.

Comment

Start SqueezePlay out of Chrome

Hello,

is there a way to start squeezePlayer out of Chrome with Android Intents. The href looks like this:

<a href="intent://#Intent;scheme=;package=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplay er;end">Start squeezeplayer</a>

What value must i enter for scheme. Only the PlayStore opens when I click on the link. I use MaterialSkin on my mobile device and it would be nice to start the app out of the browser.

Regards

Nico

Comment

Originally posted by nicograf View Post
        Hello,

is there a way to start squeezePlayer out of Chrome with Android Intents. The href looks like this:

<a href="intent://#Intent;scheme=;package=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplay er;end">Start squeezeplayer</a>

What value must i enter for scheme. Only the PlayStore opens when I click on the link. I use MaterialSkin on my mobile device and it would be nice to start the app out of the browser.

Regards

Nico
        Material can start 'SB Player', if you manage to get SqueezePlayer also working then I'll add support for that too.
        Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
          Material can start 'SB Player', if you manage to get SqueezePlayer also working then I'll add support for that too.
          Ah ok, I see. It works. But when there is no player connected to the server, than I can't start the player. It would be nice, when this option is also in the Player search screen available.

Regards

Nico

Comment

Originally posted by nicograf View Post
            Ah ok, I see. It works. But when there is no player connected to the server, than I can't start the player. It would be nice, when this option is also in the Player search screen available.
            That's a good point! :-) Will add...
            Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

Hi, would this work on Android TV?

Comment

I would say if your Android TV can access Google Play Store it should work.
                Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
                Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
                Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
                Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

Originally posted by Mothy_Tim View Post
                  Hi, would this work on Android TV?
                  Haven't tested with this one, but I run SB player on my Shield
                  1 x Touch
                  1 x Radio
                  Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
                  Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
                  Squeeze Ctrl
                  Squeeze Player
                  Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

Comment

I am running SqueezePlayer on my Shield TV and it works well with Orange Squeeze. There are some downsides though:

1. SqueezePlayer has to be side loaded and therefore is not displayed as an app tile on the main screen. I have to use a side load launcher to get it running
                    2. Orange Squeeze has to be side loaded and can be started from SqueezePlayer with the TV remote but the remote can not be used for navigation in Orange Squeeze

SB Player by angryGoat is in the Play store and comes up as compatible with the Nvidia Shield TV so can anyone confirm it will appear as a tile on the Shield main screen and allow TV remote navigation? Does any player app allow TV remote navigation?
                    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
                    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
                    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
                    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
                    Bedroom: Radio
                    Shed: Radio
                    Workshop: Boom
                    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
                    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Comment

A quick update on this. For the Nvidia Shield TV I have found the best combination is Squeeze Player and Squeeze Ctrl. Both need to be side loaded (you can get the apk off your phone using X-Plorer) and use the TV App Repo app to create a shortcut to Squeeze Player. This means it is on the main screen and easy to activate without needing to use a sideload launcher. Squeeze Ctrl is not certified for the Shield TV but you can use the TV remote for navigating many of the screens. Some do not work or the highlight is missing but in those rare cases I can use the Shield TV app.

This should work on any Android box or Fire Stick but I have not tested these.
                      Last edited by Heuer; 2020-04-24, 19:54.
                      Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
                      Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
                      Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
                      Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
                      Bedroom: Radio
                      Shed: Radio
                      Workshop: Boom
                      Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
                      Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Comment

Volume muting every time it goes to the next track

I've been using Squeeze Player for years. Yesterday something odd began occurring. Every time Squeeze Ctrl moves one track to the next, the volume in Squeeze Player goes to zero. This is happening if it's stepping through a playlist automatically, or if I manually advance it.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?
                        Last edited by jstraw; 2022-02-09, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by jstraw View Post
                          I've been using Squeeze Player for years. Yesterday something odd began occurring. Every time Squeeze Ctrl moves one track to the next, the volume in Squeeze Player goes to zero. This is happening if it's stepping through a playlist automatically, or if I manually advance it.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?
                          Hello, I suppose you found the answer since your post, but just for the next readers: the answer is you have to set the volume in the player application, not on your phone, otherwise it will go back to the previous setting.
                          LMS 8.x.x
                          on Linux Mageia 8 and RPI 3
                          1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
                          Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Comment

Working...
                          X