Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANNOUNCE] Music-Playback now on ANDROID! SqueezePlayer released to the market ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working fine on my HTC Desire HD
    thx

One thing I noticed

The play button is off
    connection says disconnected
    Playback says stopped
    No icon on top bar

And I still listening to music, controlled by the server web UI
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

Comment

Originally posted by pippin View Post
      thanks corrected.
      For some reason my fingers always type 3484 when they want to type 3483.
      Why didn't they use 9001, 6666 or 11111?
      Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
      Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
      Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
      Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

I think this

will more or less apply here, too.
        If your fingers can't type 3483, how about 0xd9b, at least one less digit to get wrong.
        ---
        learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
        Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
        at penguinlovesmusic.com
        New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

Something is very wrong

When I start the app it connects to the server and start playing, no controller app is running on phone, the web ui says player is off and no progressbar running.
          The music stops when comming to first songs end and my poor little QNAP server run a perl process at 100% cpu, set the play button in app to off make the server run normal again
          1 x Touch
          1 x Radio
          Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
          Squeeze Ctrl
          Squeeze Player

Comment

Originally posted by bluegaspode View Post
            Turn you mobile into a Squeezebox with SqueezePlayer!

Unfortunately I don't have an Android device to try it on, but great work anyway.

Just out of interest, would this be possible to run on a Logitech Revue and suddenly turn it into a Squeezebox player ?
            As I've understood Revue isn't supporting Android Market yet ? (At least not unless you hack it)

But if someone from Logitech sees this post and SqueezePlayer would be possible to run on Revue, maybe it's worth to investigate. Feels kind of perfect to have a player app on the Revue and then use one of the controller apps on the Android/iOS device to control it with.
            Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
            Developer of many plugins/applets
            Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

System requirements & compatibility?

I don't seem able to purchase this for my no-brand cheapo Android 1.6 tablet. Is Android 2 required?

-Skinny
              This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.

Comment

Nice work. Got some short burst of static using spotify via triodes that I don't normally experience on my home audio system or spotify android app. But generally nice work.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by T-bird View Post
                  Something is very wrong

When I start the app it connects to the server and start playing, no controller app is running on phone, the web ui says player is off and no progressbar running.
                  The music stops when comming to first songs end and my poor little QNAP server run a perl process at 100% cpu, set the play button in app to off make the server run normal again
                  Hi T-Bird,
                  are you trying to stream FLAC or mp3?
                  How many Mhz of CPU is your QNAP having and how fast is your WebUI typically when using it?

Don't care for the On/Off button of the Web-UI, SqueezePlayer is always 'On'.
                  Would you mind trying out the free Logitech App for remote controlling? As far as I know it uses less CPU power on your QNAP than the WebUI - maybe you see better status updates there?
                  Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
                  Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
                  Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    I don't seem able to purchase this for my no-brand cheapo Android 1.6 tablet. Is Android 2 required?

-Skinny
                    Yes, the minimum requirement is Android 2.1.
                    Android 1.5 and 1.6 only make 5% of the market but require huge additional programming and testing efforts (see http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html)

Thats why I decided to not support it anymore, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by NikolajC View Post
                      Nice work. Got some short burst of static using spotify via triodes that I don't normally experience on my home audio system or spotify android app. But generally nice work.
                      This is a bug of the HTC Desire, when using the sound API I'm using
                      Even if I send a lot of 0-samples, one sometimes gets a very short burst at the beginning of playback.

I read about a workaround (playing 100msecs of silence via the other sound API) that might minimize this effect and I will play around with it in one of the future version.

Comment

Originally posted by erland View Post
                        Just out of interest, would this be possible to run on a Logitech Revue and suddenly turn it into a Squeezebox player ?
                        I have no idea how much they changed for Revue.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegaspode View Post
                          Hi T-Bird,
                          are you trying to stream FLAC or mp3?
                          How many Mhz of CPU is your QNAP having and how fast is your WebUI typically when using it?

Don't care for the On/Off button of the Web-UI, SqueezePlayer is always 'On'.
                          Would you mind trying out the free Logitech App for remote controlling? As far as I know it uses less CPU power on your QNAP than the WebUI - maybe you see better status updates there?
                          Hi
                          when working properly i can stream both mp3 and flac to my Touch and phone at the same time and cpu is only 5-10%.
                          It was then it start that "ghost" playing things went wrong, I was unable to control it nor by app or web ui

Edit: I am scrobbling both player to Last.fm at the same time if that has anything to do with it
                          Last edited by T-bird; 2011-04-29, 21:47.
                          1 x Touch
                          1 x Radio
                          Squeeze Ctrl
                          Squeeze Player

Comment

[ANNOUNCE] Music-Playback now on ANDROID! SqueezePlayerreleased to the market ...

> Just out of interest, would this be possible to run on a Logitech Revue
                            > and suddenly turn it into a Squeezebox player ?

If LMS comes true, then it will be possible to stream to Revue using DLNA anyway.

> As I've understood Revue isn't supporting Android Market yet ? (At
                            > least not unless you hack it)

That's correct. But we've been interested in this question as well. Unfortunately the production units have the debug ports disabled (obviously...), but with dev units we have been able to easily install an Android app using adb. I've tested this with one single app only ;-) (the touch UI doesn't make much sense on a 24" full HD screen).

AFAIK current Google TV OS isn't a real Android, but some relative. There seem to be plans to converge the two later this year.

--

Michael
                            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                            (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by T-bird View Post
                              Hi
                              when working properly i can stream both mp3 and flac to my Touch and phone at the same time and cpu is only 5-10%.
                              It was then it start that "ghost" playing things went wrong, I was unable to control it nor by app or web ui

Edit: I am scrobbling both player to Last.fm at the same time if that has anything to do with it
                              Mhmm, sounds really strange and hard to track.
                              I'd suggest restarting your server and the App as a start (on Android: Settings->Applications). Then see if it happens again. Maybe just a bad coincidence?

If the App is not responding then please wait a while until the window that allows you to force quit it appears. I should get a report later about this type of crash via Google and can analyze it.
                              If it happens again please contact me at support(at)squeezeplayer.com. I'll be providing you with an App with activated logging then, so you might get a better clue of what is happening on your mobile.

Comment

Hi folks,

just uploaded an update (v1.0.1), fixing the most common bugs from the first 26 hours of operation:

- no crash on mono mp3 anymore
                                - no crash when MAC address cannot be resolved on first start (due to turned off WiFi)
                                - no crash when one deletes the port number in the manual server settings
                                - no crash when one enters invalid characters (spaces,umlauts) as the manual server address

Thanks for sending over the crash reports!

Started to work on 24bit FLAC, but am too tired to finish tonight.
                                More progress on that at the end of the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X