No announcement yet.

MusicIP Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Aubuti,

But I found out it was because I used GenpuID v. 1.4. Apparantly it doesn't work on my system. I tried with v. 1.2, which was quick in doing the analysis. I think its there.

The log-file says - check. Everything green. So I think I got it.

Comment

• Vortexbox and Squeeze-Server a match made in heaven

Hi guys,

I seem to have forgotten to actually commend Andrew from Vortexbox. This Fedora distro really is a match made in heaven for the SBS.

I 'downgraded' from a QNAP 209 II Pro (500MHz CPU 256MB RAM), with QNAP OS, that needed a special QPKG package to be able to install Squeeze-server at all. Took me a long time to get up and running.

After 5 months of early love with my SB, I found out about the greatest plugin of them all - MusicIP. Only to realise that my QNAP 209 architecture did not support it.

I then looked carefully into the first NAS I bought, that at the time (I could not get going with either FreeNAS/ClarcConnect or SME-Server). Actually not a NAS but just a thin client PC. (HP 5730, 1GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM and most importantly PASSIVELY cooled - No noise at all).

But during my first 5 months of SB'ing, I came across many appraisals about the Vortexbox distro. So I got the HP 5730 up and running replacing the 1GB Flash drive with an old laptop drive, and installed Vortexbox. All went without a hitch. Squeeze-Server is built in and restarted with the system. It even has Ripit installed that will rip your CD's automatically to both FLAC and MP3 to each their folder and eject the CD afterwards. Very sexy - and userfriendly indeed.
      AFter 1 hour of work I was playing SB on the box... Not so on the QNAP. Which was much more elaborate and finicky to get going.

I then muddled around getting MusicIP installed. No success until I found out that Andrew had made a script to install it with one command. In a shell type 'setup-musicip'. And click Enter. This will setip everything. Brilliant

It went absolutely like in vaseline. Great.

But lately I have had some grieve as to get GenpuID working to tag my FLAC files. But I think that it is there now.

This is by far the simplest and most quiet NAS I have ever seen. It chucks quickly some heavier chores like running music-analysis. But I was glad to see that when running GenpuID v. 1.2, each process only takes approx 5% of CPU (hence you can run at least 6 parallel instances, while playing on the server!), where the normal headless GUI snatches 80-100 CPU processing, while doing the analysis. So I am really pleased.

Let me just finish by saying that I too have developed a fine taste for my relatively large collection of 16.000 songs. It really is as if you just suddenly aquire lots more music, because you suddenly (or MusicIP) gets aware about the more seldomly listened to tracks and finds mixes where they perfectly match.

A very new and rewarding way of listening to music.
      Last edited by excalibur; 2010-05-21, 10:05.

Comment

• Can MusicIP GenpuID repair changed paths in my songs?

Hi,

It seems you guys are the most knowledgeable on MusicIP after the demise of the old dedicated forum. So I have a question to you lot.

Over the last 10 days I have analyzed close to 7000 songs with GenpuID to the default.m3lib DB.

I have since then moved some songs around, and do now see that MusicIP web GUI actually thinks that these moved songs are new. As they have been added to the 'Songs to Validate'.

So in short, can I just leave the DB with my former folder-structure and rest assured that MusicIP/GenpuID will locate the new path for my songs and correct them in the DB? After all they have been analyzed and stored in DB (which is what takes a really long time.

Best regards

Morten E.

Comment

• GenUPID 1.2 available?

I just converted from Win 7 to Ubuntu and am having trouble with Genpuid 1.4 I run the command

genpuid XXX -logex -m3lib=/home/default.m3lib -r /musicdrive

However, the output contains the following:

Checking files to be processed...
          Songs to be scanned: 11
          ** Stopping Processing

And then it lists all the songs and their puid. However, the m3lib never gets updated. Is it because I should be using genpuid 1.2 or am I doing something else wrong? If I need 1.2 does anyone know where I can download it?

Comment

• You need the 1.2 version on Linux

Give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Comment

• Excaliber, I pm'd you with my email address, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by excalibur
                So in short, can I just leave the DB with my former folder-structure and rest assured that MusicIP/GenpuID will locate the new path for my songs and correct them in the DB? After all they have been analyzed and stored in DB (which is what takes a really long time.
                Probably... if you use the MiP headless server interface to update the library it'll discard the incorrect file references and pick up the new wherever they're located. If you archive the analysis then you don't have the problem of having to redo the analysis when moving files around.

Also, if you're looking to run genpuid 1.4 on a recent Ubuntu you need to follow these instructions: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...2&postcount=17
                puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.

Comment

• Slacker is only available in the US and you cant take it on holiday with you.
                  www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3o4Titties
                    It's all about Slacker Radio.

Their algorithms are far more advanced and their library of licensed music is far FAR more vast then either Music IP or Pandora.
                    ????????????
                    musicip is not a library of music.
                    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
                    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
                    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
                    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• anyone know what mmm.ini 'cpu=' does?

It's in with a bunch of settings that appear to be on/off, but that doesn't make sense with 'cpu='
                      I'm wondering if it's number of CPUs, priority, or something else.
                      Anybody know, before I start experimenting?

Comment

• I realize this thread is years old but since my post on the main forum page went without comment I thought I'd ask here, especially since apparently once upon a time a MusicIP developer was here.

I'm trying to find a way to utilize the MusicIP moods within LMS, and am wondering if anybody has ever figured out a way to do it. I'd also like to be able to limit usage to certain genres; I seem to be able to call a mood within a MusicIP recipe, but then I get tracks from the entire library and not just one genre or filter.

It still amazes me that given the power of MusicIP there's no way to simply ask it via Sugarube to just play slow songs - I get that its concept seems to be an arc of sorts, going from fast to slow and back again, but it'd be really amazing to be able to take advantage of the fact that it seems to know tempo. If there was a way to discern the mood/tempo of the song within MusicIP or even cracking the fingerprint code I could add custom tags and use those within MusicIP to create filters and pass on to Sugarcube, but I've yet to figure out a way to do it.

Comment

• I'm just starting to play around with this, so I'd be interested to hear how you get on. This is something Spotify and I hear Roon does very well. so it would be nice to get LMS up to par.

Comment

• Originally posted by conqueeftador
                            I'm just starting to play around with this, so I'd be interested to hear how you get on. This is something Spotify and I hear Roon does very well. so it would be nice to get LMS up to par.
                            Spotify may do this well, but Roon most certainly doesn’t..

puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.

Comment

• Originally posted by conqueeftador
                              I'm just starting to play around with this, so I'd be interested to hear how you get on. This is something Spotify and I hear Roon does very well. so it would be nice to get LMS up to par.
                              The best I've been able to come up with so far is to try to find some other mood/tempo analyzer and use that to generate playlists based on categories (i.e., slow, fast, etc.) and put some kind of key into a field MusicIP recognizes to then be able to use filters, but this approach completely depends on the ability of the analyzer in the first place to work well. And really doesn't.

Clearly MusicIP is doing this kind of mood/tempo reading as part of its analysis, and does a better job than any external program I've found, especially with the more-difficult music I'm trying to analyze (i.e, classical-based)...except I can't figure out how to access that data to restrict available songs using filters to have fast-medium during the day and slow at night. It's like it's just right inside the door but there's no knob on the door to pull it open!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎