New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just received an email notification where I was mentioned in a post and there was no link to the post, just plain text. Every other notification I have received recently has contained a working link.
    Can you please PM me the message's source? You're using the English language setting, aren't you?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by d6jg View Post

New Forum is much easier to post images if using PC or an iOS device but perhaps not any easier with an Android.
      Well for 3.1.0 of Material I can add a 'Copy image' to the now-playing context menu. (Tried, but don't seem to be able to copy image + text in one go). I found a library that makes this easy, but (as with most things) this does not seem to work on iOS. However, this is off-topic for this thread...
      Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd73 View Post

Well for 3.1.0 of Material I can add a 'Copy image' to the now-playing context menu. (Tried, but don't seem to be able to copy image + text in one go). I found a library that makes this easy, but (as with most things) this does not seem to work on iOS. However, this is off-topic for this thread...
        iOS doesn't have the same issue so it would be a useful addition for Android.
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post

Can you please PM me the message's source? You're using the English language setting, aren't you?
          Where do I find the message's source?
          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

depends on the email agent you’re using… what’s the subject line?
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

depends on the email agent you’re using… what’s the subject line?
              Man in a van mentioned you in Announce: Squeezelite - a small headless Squeezeplay emulator for Linux (alsa only)

Comment

Thanks slartibartfast - that was yet another template to modify... I have to do them all individually, for all languages etc. Next time you'll hopefully get the link.
                Michael

Comment

You are only going to be able to easily find the message source when you look at the email on a PC - if you are solely using a phone / tablet you won't be able to find it.
                  If you are using a PC then what emailc lient are you using?

In Outlook for example you would open the email full screen - not in preview - then right click and do View Source

(depending on email type it isn't always there however it is for Forum messages I have checked)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	82
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1626427
                  Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                  Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                  Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
                  Dining Room SB Radio
                  Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                  Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                  Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

I suppose we should start a new thread called "productivity tools" but...I thought of something that is fairly straight forward and pretty slick using android to take pictures and PC to post.

One of my favorite android apps (free) which I have used since the beginning is called MyPhoneExplorer https://www.fjsoft.at/en/ . You tap to run on your android device, then start a client app on your PC, and a wifi connection is made. Then you can use the PC app similar to the windows File Explorer to access screen sots or photos, as if they are on your PC or another network device:

Views:	106
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1626431

A bit off topic, but a few other nice features are sync and multisync where you can sync/transfer call logs, sms messages, and photos to your PC. You can even define a file structure for photos to land in (e.g. /2023/01 January/<files>).

Also, when active, you get phone and sms notifications on your PC. You may be able to call/text from the PC, not sure, never tried it.

****so, for me to post with pictures - take pic with phone, MyPhoneExplorer, Browse to photo, copy, open in greenshot, markup and copy, paste in forum. Not too bad.

Jim

Comment

Thanks slartibartfast - that was yet another template to modify... I have to do them all individually, for all languages etc. Next time you'll hopefully get the link.
                      Yes, the link worked this time 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
                        I suppose we should start a new thread called "productivity tools" but...I thought of something that is fairly straight forward and pretty slick using android to take pictures and PC to post.

One of my favorite android apps (free) which I have used since the beginning is called MyPhoneExplorer https://www.fjsoft.at/en/ . You tap to run on your android device, then start a client app on your PC, and a wifi connection is made. Then you can use the PC app similar to the windows File Explorer to access screen sots or photos, as if they are on your PC or another network device:

Views:	106
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1626431

A bit off topic, but a few other nice features are sync and multisync where you can sync/transfer call logs, sms messages, and photos to your PC. You can even define a file structure for photos to land in (e.g. /2023/01 January/<files>).

Also, when active, you get phone and sms notifications on your PC. You may be able to call/text from the PC, not sure, never tried it.

****so, for me to post with pictures - take pic with phone, MyPhoneExplorer, Browse to photo, copy, open in greenshot, markup and copy, paste in forum. Not too bad.

Jim
                        Yes we should have a thread with a list of Productivity tools - off you go
                        Name Description Windows Mac Linux Link
                        MP3Tag De facto tagging tool X X https://www.mp3tag.de/en/
                        Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
                        Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

Originally posted by d6jg View Post

Yes we should have a thread with a list of Productivity tools - off you go

To add to the list Do "Quote"
                          Copy the table elemenst but not the QUOTE tags then paste and add a line

Greenshot Screenshot tool X

Addd colums / rows by clicking in the table then

Views:	81
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1626441
                          Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

What is the purpose of My Profile -> Customize My Style -> Content -> Text?

Name:	My Profile - Customize My Style - Content - Text 70%.png
Views:	81
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1626440

I changed "Font Family" and "Font Size" and pressed "Save" afterwards, but I can not see any differences when I go back to a forum. When I return to this setting later, the default values are displayed again.
                            Attached Files
                            Carsten

Comment

Originally posted by carp View Post
                              What is the purpose of My Profile -> Customize My Style -> Content -> Text?
                              I have no idea - besides what you already expected and what seems not to be working...
                              Michael

Comment

I have no idea - besides what you already expected and what seems not to be working...
                                Thanks! I assumed that I had overlooked something.
                                Carsten

Comment

Working...
                                X