Accessing local radio station - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
    poor attempt at a joke, I need to learn to stick to the subject. I think a bit of @Ronnie tends to rub off on me . I meant that the stream felt no need to add the 0, it's implied. Like I said, a real lame joke...

I looked at the fact that it's 32kbps and thought "yuk", but I really am not familiar with AAC's bitrates vs quality...Happy @ParkD got his station. @bpa was spot on with the LMS version and https. I had forgotten...

Jim
    To be a lame joke it would have to be about MP3 not aac [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

poor attempt at a joke, I need to learn to stick to the subject. I think a bit of @Ronnie tends to rub off on me . I meant that the stream felt no need to add the 0, it's implied. Like I said, a real lame joke...
      Jim
      Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
      To be a lame joke it would have to be about MP3 not aac [emoji1787]
      I was going to say that my attempt at a joke was even lamer, but it wasn't about mp3, either.

Here's a lame -- maybe I should just say not bit-perfect -- attempt to get back on topic:

I said earlier that the stream sounded pretty good. That is to say, not as good as I would have hoped for with a 320 kbps stream. But not as bad as I would expect from 32 kbps, either.
      Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

I am wondering if the last few replies were using lame as intentional pun, since there is a LAME MP3 encoder.

Comment

Originally posted by P Nelson View Post
          I am wondering if the last few replies were using lame as intentional pun, since there is a LAME MP3 encoder.
          That was my understanding.
          Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

great! so your wife is no longer rolling her eyes and she thinks you are a hero?

Jim
            Eyes are no longer rolling but "hero" is a step too far.

Comment

Working...
            X