Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to TheSynchronizer plugin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to TheSynchronizer plugin??

Hi everyone - I have been using TheSynchronizer plugin ever since it first appeared & really had zero issues .. BUT having done a really rare re-set of my preferences etc etc, I now cannot find it in the plugin list. Is it still available?? Can anyone point me in the right direction, please . this link no longer works http://www.koldware.com/SlimStuff ..

Thank you

Andrew

Originally posted by sherington View Post
    Hi everyone - I have been using TheSynchronizer plugin ever since it first appeared & really had zero issues .. BUT having done a really rare re-set of my preferences etc etc, I now cannot find it in the plugin list. Is it still available?? Can anyone point me in the right direction, please . this link no longer works http://www.koldware.com/SlimStuff ..

Thank you

Andrew
    I am not familiar with that plugin, so I can't offer a definitive answer. It is possible that the site is down temporarily, but I suspect that plugin is simply no longer available, and may not work with recent versions of LMS.

Perhaps someone in these forums would be able to share a copy of the plugin with you, assuming its license allows that. My suggestion is that you investigate the Group Players plugin, which I think serves the same purpose.

Oh, and if your reset did not include upgrading to a current version of LMS, it would probably be wise to go ahead and do that!
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

See https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post979329
      Paul Webster
      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Thank you both ..

Thank you both for responding .. how would I install the plugin if I had to do it manually, so to speak??

Comment

Originally posted by sherington View Post
          Thank you both for responding .. how would I install the plugin if I had to do it manually, so to speak??
          I think this should work:

First, download the zip file from GitHub:

Next, check the LMS Settings page in the default web interface. Near the bottom of the page, you should see "Plugin Folders," followed by a list of paths to folders. One of them, probably the first will be in Installed Plugins, in the server's cache folder. On my Linux system it looks like this: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins. DO NOT USE THIS FOLDER! Use one of the other folders. On my system, manually installed plugins go here: /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins.

Unzip the plugin zip file in this directory, maintaining the zip's directory structure. When finished your plugin directory should contain a subdirectory named Synchronizer-master. Inside that subdirectory you should find two more subdirectories, HTML and lib, as well as three files: install.xml, README, and strings.txt.

Restart LMS.

Just to be safe, hold off a few hours before doing this, to see if anybody corrects obvious mistakes in my directions!
          Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

Easy first step .. try the Groups plugin from the plugin list.
            Easy to install and active support.
            Paul Webster
            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
              Easy first step .. try the Groups plugin from the plugin list.
              Easy to install and active support.
              +1 to Paul's suggestion!

I can say from my own experience that the Group Players plugin works very well. I think it's likely to be more satisfactory than a plugin that's had no active development in the past 13 years.

Comment

Working...
              X