• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server won't start

> Looks like postgresql is the culprit but as you say 45 mb is not very
    > much

What I meant to say was that I believe 45M for a partition to store logs
    on was not not enough. LMS logs can get quite big, too.
    Nanopi M4V2 Debian 4gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Squeezelite -> Sablon EVO USB -> SRCDX -> Wave Storm BNC -> Chord Hugo MScaler -> dual Wave Storm BNC -> Chord DAVE DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S Thompson - RIP

Server won't start

Hi all, I have had LMS running on a Linux SBC for years without any problems, I recently noticed the server had stopped and running systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service from a terminal gives me this

Cannot write to '/var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log': No space left on device at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 241.
    and the server doesn't start

running df -h confirms /var/log is 100% full ( I removed other output for clarity )

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/zram1 49M 45M 0 100% /var/log

There are no large files in /var/log - any ideas guys ?
    Nanopi M4V2 Debian 4gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Squeezelite -> Sablon EVO USB -> SRCDX -> Wave Storm BNC -> Chord Hugo MScaler -> dual Wave Storm BNC -> Chord DAVE DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S Thompson - RIP

Comment

Server won't start

> Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      > /dev/zram1 49M 45M 0 100% /var/log
      >
      > There are no large files in /var/log - any ideas guys ?

45MB is not a lot. What does "du -hsc /var/log" say?
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
        > Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
        > /dev/zram1 49M 45M 0 100% /var/log
        >
        > There are no large files in /var/log - any ideas guys ?

45MB is not a lot. What does "du -hsc /var/log" say?

Hi Michael
        45M /var/log
        45M total

Comment

Should probably have said "du -hsc /var/log/" (with the slash at the end).
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

Should probably have said "du -hsc /var/log/" (with the slash at the end).
            The slash at the end made no difference
            45M /var/log/
            45M total

Comment

Server won't start

>> Should probably have said "du -hsc /var/log/" (with the slash at the
              >> end).

>
              > The slash at the end made no difference
              > 45M /var/log/
              > 45M total

I'm sorry, got this wrong twice already... "du -hsc /var/log/*". Or "ls
              -al /var/log/"
              Michael

Comment

>> Should probably have said "du -hsc /var/log/" (with the slash at the
                >> end).

>
                > The slash at the end made no difference
                > 45M /var/log/
                > 45M total

I'm sorry, got this wrong twice already... "du -hsc /var/log/*". Or "ls
                -al /var/log/"
                0 /var/log/alternatives.log
                4.0K /var/log/apt
                0 /var/log/armbian-hardware-monitor.log
                0 /var/log/auth.log
                0 /var/log/bootstrap.log
                0 /var/log/btmp
                4.0K /var/log/chrony
                60K /var/log/dmesg
                0 /var/log/dpkg.log
                0 /var/log/faillog
                0 /var/log/fontconfig.log
                0 /var/log/journal
                0 /var/log/kern.log
                0 /var/log/lastlog
                16K /var/log/lost+found
                4.0K /var/log/openvpn
                45M /var/log/postgresql
                4.0K /var/log/private
                88K /var/log/samba
                4.0K /var/log/squeezeboxserver
                0 /var/log/syslog
                4.0K /var/log/sysstat
                4.0K /var/log/unattended-upgrades
                0 /var/log/wtmp
                45M total

Looks like postgresql is the culprit but as you say 45 mb is not very much

Comment

> Looks like postgresql is the culprit but as you say 45 mb is not very
                  > much

What I meant to say was that I believe 45M for a partition to store logs
                  on was not not enough. LMS logs can get quite big, too.
                  I knew what you meant - I'll look into expanding the partition - thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X