Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man in a van View Post

From your Sig.

Lounge: Vortexbox Microserver 2 (LMS 7.9.1)

Update your LMS

ronnie
    To cut a long story short I now have BBC stations streaming via the Squeezebox Radio from my music server using the BBC Sounds plug-in and have the six (6) presets setup.

Hadn't really considered my music server as the Radio is the only Squeezebox device I now own and was using that streaming direct via my router.

Many thanks for the steer.

Nice to know this forum is still going strong.

Lounge: Vortexbox Microserver 2 (LMS 7.9.1), Sonore microRendu, CIAudio VDC7 Power Supply, Uptone USPCB A to B USB Adapter, Naim DAC-V1, Naim NAP200, PMC GB1i.
    Conservatory: RPi 3B+ / HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro / piCorePlayer, DACMagic 100, B&W MM-1 Computers Speakers.
    Kitchen: Squeezebox Radio.
    Study: Windows 10 PC / Squeezelite-X, RPi 3B+ / HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro / piCorePlayer, Micromega MYDAC, B&W MM-1 Computer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by d6jg View Post

Get a Pi, run LMS on it and then your radio will connect to that over the network instead of to mySqueezebox.com. Aux In not used.
      Thanks for the input but Man in a van has provided the elegant solution.
      Lounge: Vortexbox Microserver 2 (LMS 7.9.1), Sonore microRendu, CIAudio VDC7 Power Supply, Uptone USPCB A to B USB Adapter, Naim DAC-V1, Naim NAP200, PMC GB1i.
      Conservatory: RPi 3B+ / HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro / piCorePlayer, DACMagic 100, B&W MM-1 Computers Speakers.
      Study: Windows 10 PC / Squeezelite-X, RPi 3B+ / HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro / piCorePlayer, Micromega MYDAC, B&W MM-1 Computer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4jazz View Post

Thanks for the input but Man in a van has provided the elegant solution.
        I saw that from Ronnie and thought to myself there is no way that he will be able to do that. Sorry but I have some experience of Vortexbox. The hardware it’s running on is likely to be only 32 bit which unfortunately means you can upgrade only to VB2.3 if I recall correctly and I don’t think that will run up to date LMS. I hit this issue and had to upgrade my hardware before I could install VB2.4. I might be wrong and what you have is 64bit. Hopefully it is.

Jim
        https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
        Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
        Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
        Dining Room SB Radio
        Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
        Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
        Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

I saw that from Ronnie and thought to myself there is no way that he will be able to do that. Sorry but I have some experience of Vortexbox. The hardware it’s running on is likely to be only 32 bit which unfortunately means you can upgrade only to VB2.3 if I recall correctly and I don’t think that will run up to date LMS. I hit this issue and had to upgrade my hardware before I could install VB2.4. I might be wrong and what you have is 64bit. Hopefully it is.
          My profile is a little out of date but FYI I'm running Audiostore Nova Sonicorbiter V.2.8 on my music server and Logitech Media Server V 8.4.0 app.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4jazz View Post

My profile is a little out of date but FYI I'm running Audiostore Nova Sonicorbiter V.2.8 on my music server and Logitech Media Server V 8.4.0 app.
            That’s perfect. Pop the BBC Sounds plugin on it and reconfigure your Radio and you are good to go.
            Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
            Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

That’s perfect. Pop the BBC Sounds plugin on it and reconfigure your Radio and you are good to go.
              That's where I'm at. :-)

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Comment

If you add the Material plugin you will then have a very easy way to navigate the BBC Sounds plugin (via /material web page on your LMS) it works great on a phone browser as well ... giving you easy access to recent programmes - easier than doing it from the screen of the SB Radio.
                Paul Webster
                Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                  If you add the Material plugin you will then have a very easy way to navigate the BBC Sounds plugin (via /material web page on your LMS) it works great on a phone browser as well ... giving you easy access to recent programmes - easier than doing it from the screen of the SB Radio.
                  Much easier!
                  Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

Working...
                  X