New modified SqueezeAMP batch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The AMPs are still with DHL in custom's clearance, although they should have been delivered Thursday... but they are less than 10kms away

With the responses I have, there are 45~48 over the 60 being already sold, so 10~15 remaining. I'm not worried at all for these, but I just want to remind that I don't make those builds often (as always, it's not a business: I buy the components, pay for assembly and taxes, buy boxes and bags and that's what you pay for + shipment. Testing & packing and shipping60 is a lot of work so next lot, if any, is a year away at least.
    I have emailed to squeezeamp at outlook dot com a couple of times but not received any reply. I tried PM'ing, but your PMbox is full. I would like one of the boost models and my email address is tony dot drath at aardvarkweb dot co dot uk

Comment

New batch!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7541.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	1576133
      LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

Great news!
        LMS 8.4 (Debian virtual machine on ESXi) - 3 x piCorePlayer on Raspberry Pi 3 - Yamaha RX-A840 - 2 x SqueezeAMP (boost version) - Squeezeplay on iMac at work (connected over vpn to home lms)

Comment

If you have an extra, I would be interested in one. I'd like to have a modern unit to eventually replace a Touch, should one of my 2 devices succumb to old age. I'd like to get a head start coming up to speed on the requirements for such a unit.

I'm not concerned about the cost. I'd need simultaneous optical and RCA out, Ethernet, but don't care about WiFi. I almost never look at the display since it lives in my server cabinet with the whole house audio amps and other equipment. Any reasonable case would be fine. I run LMS on my Mac.

I'm not a hardware guy, and although competent enough to do assembly, I'd prefer to avoid breaking out in cold sweats trying to do anything more than snapping parts together and basic wiring.

I've read through this thread, and the others, but still feel uncertain enough that I need to ask - would this unit meet these needs, and what would you recommend?

Comment

Test first board, it's up and running, so I can start shipping!

BTW, I don't have boost version anymore
            Last edited by philippe_44; 2022-11-30, 01:18.
            LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post
              If you have an extra, I would be interested in one. I'd like to have a modern unit to eventually replace a Touch, should one of my 2 devices succumb to old age. I'd like to get a head start coming up to speed on the requirements for such a unit.

I'm not concerned about the cost. I'd need simultaneous optical and RCA out, Ethernet, but don't care about WiFi. I almost never look at the display since it lives in my server cabinet with the whole house audio amps and other equipment. Any reasonable case would be fine. I run LMS on my Mac.

I'm not a hardware guy, and although competent enough to do assembly, I'd prefer to avoid breaking out in cold sweats trying to do anything more than snapping parts together and basic wiring.

I've read through this thread, and the others, but still feel uncertain enough that I need to ask - would this unit meet these needs, and what would you recommend?
              If you need Ethernet, then the SqueezeAMP is not going to work without a fair bit of hardware tinkering, so I would not recommend it

Comment

If you need Ethernet, then the SqueezeAMP is not going to work without a fair bit of hardware tinkering, so I would not recommend it
                Appreciate the reply and guidance. Cheers.

Comment

Just a heads-up that I've almost shipped all my SqueezeAMPs. I have ~5 Basic left, no Boost (to my surprise). If you are interested, let me know because I'll be away until end of January starting next week. I know I've said that a couple of times, but it is more and more likely the last batch. Some parts are close to end-of life or are being incredibly difficult to find and I'm also close to run out of things like cases, cables, switches... I might do a last batch of ~20 but I'm not sure when, if ever.

Comment

I'd love to get one !

Just a heads-up that I've almost shipped all my SqueezeAMPs. I have ~5 Basic left, no Boost (to my surprise). If you are interested, let me know because I'll be away until end of January starting next week. I know I've said that a couple of times, but it is more and more likely the last batch. Some parts are close to end-of life or are being incredibly difficult to find and I'm also close to run out of things like cases, cables, switches... I might do a last batch of ~20 but I'm not sure when, if ever.
                    How do I do ?

Comment

Units, arrived in germany. That was fast!

Thank you!!!
                      Last edited by urknall; 2022-12-12, 19:45.
                      LMS 8.4 (Debian virtual machine on ESXi) - 3 x piCorePlayer on Raspberry Pi 3 - Yamaha RX-A840 - 2 x SqueezeAMP (boost version) - Squeezeplay on iMac at work (connected over vpn to home lms)

Comment

Units, arrived in NY USA. That was fast!

Thank you!!!

Comment

same here! (Minneapolis, USA) Looking forward to checking them out!!

Comment

Still waiting with excitement in UK, but with postal strikes I reckon it may arrive in new year O_O

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
                            3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

Any left?

Philippe -

I know it's a long shot, but any SqueezeAMPs left? I'd love one.

best,

Scott A.
                              Watertown NY

Comment

Yay it arrived..

Just trying to figure out how to do initial flash ..

I had error 'failed to initialise ' when using online installer..

I can not see any boot button.. I'm sure I'm missing smth obvious ?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
                                3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

Working...
                                X