Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeezebox Schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
    See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...et_and_Last_FW for how to force the Xilinx reset (not the same as Factory Reset).
    Thank you Paul. Your post arrived while I was composing my last one. I had seen that page and only now have sussed out how to interpret it. Anyway, I did what that page tells me (hold '1' key while repowering the Squeezebox), but to no avail. Volume is still stuck at full on no matter where I set it with the remote.

    A bu**ered EPROM chip perhaps?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
      I found a thread in the Audiogon forum saying that it was possible to set the SB3/Classic to 100% volume.
      How would one disable the volume output on the Squeezebox touch? I have the tab highlighting 'no volume control' within the Squeezebox menu but still I ...

      Can you post a screenshot of the Audio settings page in LMS?

      Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Sorry - I've never seen a proper page of audio settings, just a series of menus. What is LMS?

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by kiwigander View Post
        Thank you Paul. Your post arrived while I was composing my last one. I had seen that page and only now have sussed out how to interpret it. Anyway, I did what that page tells me (hold '1' key while repowering the Squeezebox), but to no avail. Volume is still stuck at full on no matter where I set it with the remote.

        A bu**ered EPROM chip perhaps?
        Is the SB Classic secondhand ? could it have been modded in any way ?

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by bpa View Post
          Is the SB Classic secondhand ? could it have been modded in any way ?
          I bought the SB Classic new in 2009. To my recollection, it showed no evidence of having been used or modified in any way. I have never tried to modify it.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by kiwigander View Post
            Sorry - I've never seen a proper page of audio settings, just a series of menus. What is LMS?
            Aha, found the answer myself, Logitech Media Server. That's running as a daemon on the server. How do I get into it? (Probably will be obvious in the AM. It's 11 PM here and I'm on the verge of turning into a pumpkin...)

            Comment


              #36
              On the machine where LMS is running ...

              From a different machine ...

              where ipaddressofserver is something like 10.0.1.1 or 192.168.0.2 or whatever is right for your set-up.
              Paul Webster
              Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
              and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by kiwigander View Post
                Sorry - I've never seen a proper page of audio settings, just a series of menus. What is LMS?
                Logitech media server.

                Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                Bedroom: Radio
                Bathroom: Radio

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
                  On the machine where LMS is running ...

                  From a different machine ...

                  where ipaddressofserver is something like 10.0.1.1 or 192.168.0.2 or whatever is right for your set-up.
                  Success!

                  In the Player Settings menu, Audio sub-menu, Volume Control field was set to "Output level is fixed at 100%". Changed that to "Volume control adjusts outputs", saved and voilĂ .

                  I set the server up quite a few years ago as a means of enlarging the buffer for streaming Internet radio (which function I can't find now) and hadn't touched it (the app/daemon, I mean) for a very long time. I assume a bit got corrupted. Happens, I know. The server celebrated its thirteenth birthday earlier this year.

                  Many thanks to all contributors for your insights and advice.

                  (Where is that bloody buffer control?)

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by kiwigander View Post
                    S(Where is that bloody buffer control?)
                    WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network/ Radio Station Buffer Secs

                    But with advances in network speeds in 10 years - it shouldn't be needed.

                    edit:

                    Also proxied streaming may help
                    WebUI Settings/Player/Audio/Streaming method

                    Ignore the MP3 reference(only in older version of LMS)
                    Last edited by bpa; 2020-06-08, 00:20.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      "Where is that bloody buffer control?"

                      Home > Server settings > Network > Radio buffer seconds

                      I'm not trying to demonstrate how clever I am -- rather, writing this down in a number of places so I can remember it the next time things fall over.

                      (Radio buffer seconds was set to 15; I've now upped it to 30. I would have set it to 30 when I first set up the LMS, so again, looks as if settings got corrupted. I need all the buffer I can get, here at the far end of nowhere; Internet is over a very long distance microwave link.)

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by kiwigander View Post
                        (Radio buffer seconds was set to 15; I've now upped it to 30. I would have set it to 30 when I first set up the LMS, so again, looks as if settings got corrupted. I need all the buffer I can get, here at the far end of nowhere; Internet is over a very long distance microwave link.)
                        With microwave link use the proxied streaming and you may need to widen the TCP window on the LMS server.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          SMD component values for Squeezebox Radio X-R0001

                          Hello, The momentary push switch on the rotary encoder (large knob) of my Squeezebox Radio decided to remain closed after being pushed while programming. The knob pushed in but did not return so the snap switch spring is no more. I was going to snip the two momentary switch leads from the encoder and install an external push button switch but that would detract from the appearance of the radio so I decided to replace the encoder. Mouser Electronics has an encoder made by Bourns that is almost a drop in. While trying very carefully to remove the bad encoder, I inadvertently destroyed three SMD capacitors and one SMD resistor. Without a schematic or component list I have no idea of the values of these components.

                          The parts that were destroyed are C-268, C-270, C-316 and R-388. All of these are tiny size 0402 SMD's and are located on the screen side of the main board around the rotary encoder. If anyone can get the values of these parts from a schematic, component list or another board it would be greatly appreciated as I would love to have my squeezebox operating again.

                          Many Thanks to anyone who can help,

                          Dave

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Dave F View Post
                            .

                            The parts that were destroyed are C-268, C-270, C-316 and R-388. All of these are tiny size 0402 SMD's and are located on the screen side of the main board around the rotary encoder. If anyone can get the values of these parts from a schematic, component list or another board it would be greatly appreciated as I would love to have my squeezebox operating again.

                            Many Thanks to anyone who can help,

                            Dave
                            Hi Dave, welcome...

                            I have never seen anyone obtain or post these schematics. One thought would be to contact JoeMuc2009 (Germany). I know he fixes and provides parts for Booms and Transporters, maybe he can help you.

                            You can PM him, but you need to have, I think 3 posts to pm, so just post here or anywhere a couple more times, and you can pm Joe. In fact there is a thread here somewhere where members post just to get to 3

                            Jim

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X