No announcement yet.

setting up Screen with Odroid N2 and Squeezelite

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up Screen with Odroid N2 and Squeezelite

I have an Odroid N2 that plays like a squeezebox. I would like to add a screen but I am unsure of how that is done. Presently the N2 has Ubuntu with Squeezelite installed my server where the music is is my main Linux PC. I found a 7"touch screen that should work with the N2 but I need some instruction on how to get a player screen on the display. Am I wrong to say there might be a way of doing this with the Material skin?
    Any constructive help would be appreciated
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1678519305 @ Sat 11 Mar 2023 08:54:37 AM CET
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.34.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)​

What do you want to do with the display?

Just displaying what is currently played?
    Or do you want to control the player on the display via touch screen, too?

The first can be easily done with a web browser and Material Skin. Maybe you can install Melodeon if the Ubuntu on the Odroid support it.
    The second can be done the same way but then you have to ensure that the control of the touch screen is working properly. That depends on the screen and the OS.

Comment

Information about Melodeon is in this thread:

Comment

jd68
        Thank you for your advice and suggestion. I will give that a try, once I order a screen
        Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1678519305 @ Sat 11 Mar 2023 08:54:37 AM CET

Comment

I tried to install Melodeon but installer of deb file throws up an error because I am using a ARM64 device (Odroid N2) rather than an AMD64. I hope Craig is able to post a deb file for ARM or give some instruction how to build this from source
          Edit: compiled from source and it works! https://github.com/CDrummond/melodeo...er/BUILDING.md
          Last edited by SlimChances; 2023-06-07, 03:08.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡