X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions

Hi:
    I have 2 simple (I hope) questions.
    1) I have a fair bit of music I purchased through iTunes, but I am not using iTunes for SC. Is there an easy way to convert these files so I can get them into my SC library? Previously someone had suggested burning a CD, which only partly works since a lot of the albums come across with no song titles etc.
    2) Given these issues, can anyone suggest a website where I can purchase music (preferrably FLAC) as an alternative to iTunes?
    Thanks folks.

Originally posted by jbloewheedle View Post
    Hi:
    1) I have a fair bit of music I purchased through iTunes, but I am not using iTunes for SC. Is there an easy way to convert these files so I can get them into my SC library? Previously someone had suggested burning a CD, which only partly works since a lot of the albums come across with no song titles etc.
    2) Given these issues, can anyone suggest a website where I can purchase music (preferrably FLAC) as an alternative to iTunes?
    Thanks folks.
    I am no expert on iTunes, but wont Squeezebox read an iTunes libary anlongside its own?

There would be no point in converting the relatively low-bit iTunes files in lossy AAC format to a lossless format like FLAC - you could convert to MP3.

You dont say what your musical tastes are.

Try here

Get this domain name before someone else does. Quick and painless shopping. Affordable payment options available.

Some FLAC - lots of HiBit MP3

But others need to advise you.
    Last edited by Labarum; 2008-12-16, 18:48.
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Comment

Squeezecenter won't play tunes purchased from the iTunes Library which are DRM'd. You need to rerip these or convert them for playback.

To the OP, I've sent you a private message.
      Who am I on LAST.FM?
      "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Comment

Originally posted by jbloewheedle View Post
        Hi:
        Thanks folks.
        1) After you burn the CD you'll need to re-rip it. Your ripper -- or more precisely, the database your ripper uses for tagging info -- might recognize the disk and insert the tag data. Or it might not and you'll have to input it manually. Copying and pasting from your iTunes listing should be faster than re-typing, and definitely more accurate.

2) iTunes now sells some music DRM-free, but it's lossy AAC. Amazon sells a wide range of MP3 tracks (also lossy). FLAC downloads are much harder to come by, but search on these forums and you'll find some leads.
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.3 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad

Comment

Working...
        X