Picoreplayrer + LMS and alsa setting with usb dac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picoreplayrer + LMS and alsa setting with usb dac

Hello. Please, i use usb dac SMSL-SU9 connected to RPI3 usb. ( https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/pr...il/id/722.html )
    I use Picoreplayer and LMS on the same rpi3.

In the attached pics there are alsa output parameters and buffer size,

Now i am able to play all file format, but can you advice me for best alsa setting for my DAC ( i use flac hd 24 bit 192 khz and dsd file)

What is best choose, for volume controll? Fixed on my external dac and managed from squeezebox or fixed on squeezebox and managed from dac ?

Thank you​Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	119
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1627883
    Attached Files

You really need to try for yourself. Some people can hear differences, some can't.

I tend to go for convenience over perceived improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by LucaBB View Post
      Hello. Please, i use usb dac SMSL-SU9 connected to RPI3 usb. ( https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/pr...il/id/722.html )
      I use Picoreplayer and LMS on the same rpi3.

In the attached pics there are alsa output parameters and buffer size,

Now i am able to play all file format, but can you advice me for best alsa setting for my DAC ( i use flac hd 24 bit 192 khz and dsd file)

What is best choose, for volume controll? Fixed on my external dac and managed from squeezebox or fixed on squeezebox and managed from dac ?

Thank you​Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	119
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1627883
      What is the output of the DAC connected to. If it's an amplifier then use the volume control of the amplifier.
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Yes. Amplifier is attached to Dac output.
        iike to know how fix volume or disable volume control on squeezbox or alsa setting

Comment

Originally posted by LucaBB View Post
          Yes. Amplifier is attached to Dac output.
          iike to know how fix volume or disable volume control on squeezbox or alsa setting
          You can fix the player volume to 100% in LMS settingsPlayer/Audio/Volume Control
          Alsa volume should be set to 0dB from the Alsa Mixer setting on the Squeezelite settings page of piCorePlayer.
          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
          Bedroom: Radio
          Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Working...
          X