Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picore player up and running

Hi all and nice to find you here,

i have set up a picore player with lms server on a pi-4b connected to dac with usb and everything is working fine. the server is accessing a usb hdd and a nas server. I control the player through ios squezer app (which by the way still works flawlessly on Ipad 1st gen, yes you hear well..) and others in android working great.

My question has to do with whether i am able to play (and listen to) the shares through the ios or android apps as standalone (endpoint) without having to operate the picore player.
    I think i have done it somehow but cant remember. Maybe the dac was off, meaning squeezelite service not running...

Thanks
    Last edited by kxrist; 2022-12-08, 10:11.

I think you will have to be a bit more specific.

Does this "without having to operate the picore player" mean without using an application like Squeezer or with the whole of pCP switched off (no LMS)?

Both are theoretically possible with differing levels of complexity / pre-requisites but which one do you want?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

I think that in order to use Squeezer and other LMS apps piCore needs to be running. You maybe can still access the files using something like BubbleUPnP for direct playing depending on setup.

Steve

Originally posted by kxrist View Post
      Hi all and nice to find you here,

i have set up a picore player with lms server on a pi-4b connected to dac with usb and everything is working fine. the server is accessing a usb hdd and a nas server. I control the player through ios squezer app (which by the way still works flawlessly on Ipad 1st gen, yes you hear well..) and others in android working great.

My question has to do with whether i am able to play (and listen to) the shares through the ios or android apps as standalone (endpoint) without having to operate the picore player.
      I think i have done it somehow but cant remember. Maybe the dac was off, meaning squeezelite service not running...

Thanks

Comment

It was easier than i thought.

With the pi on i Just wanted to connect through squeezer ios app to my lms server server and stream the music through my local network to the ipad speakers.

From the squeezer app i just chose ipad as player and that was it.

Comment

Working...
        X