Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All songs of album artist?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    All songs of album artist?

    Hi, I'm still finding my way around the web interface (Material skin) of slim server.

    I usually use the Album Artist menu which shows all the albums (and songs without an album) of the artist but is there also an option to show all songs of the artist - independent of the album they are on? Sometimes I don't remember on which album I find a song and it's quite cumbersome to go through all the album until you find it OR I want to add the highest rated tracks of one artist to the playlist and again it's quite cumbersome to click through all the albums.

    Is there another way, I haven't found yet?

    #2
    Originally posted by allwi View Post
    Hi, I'm still finding my way around the web interface (Material skin) of slim server.

    I usually use the Album Artist menu which shows all the albums (and songs without an album) of the artist but is there also an option to show all songs of the artist - independent of the album they are on? Sometimes I don't remember on which album I find a song and it's quite cumbersome to go through all the album until you find it OR I want to add the highest rated tracks of one artist to the playlist and again it's quite cumbersome to click through all the albums.

    Is there another way, I haven't found yet?
    I see tracks from compilation albums under an Artist. What are your behaviour settings?
    Edit. If you actually want to see a list of songs under an Artist then that isn't possible but you can use "search" to find a particular song.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220716-120433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1575452Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220716-120803.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1575453

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2022-07-16, 13:11.
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by allwi View Post
      Hi, I'm still finding my way around the web interface (Material skin) of slim server.

      I usually use the Album Artist menu which shows all the albums (and songs without an album) of the artist but is there also an option to show all songs of the artist - independent of the album they are on? Sometimes I don't remember on which album I find a song and it's quite cumbersome to go through all the album until you find it OR I want to add the highest rated tracks of one artist to the playlist and again it's quite cumbersome to click through all the albums.

      Is there another way, I haven't found yet?
      When Material is showing album's by an artist, in the subtoolbar should be an icon that looks like "(...)" - clicking on this will show a men u with an "All songs" entry. This will then list all songs by that artist.
      Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
        When Material is showing album's by an artist, in the subtoolbar should be an icon that looks like "(...)" - clicking on this will show a men u with an "All songs" entry. This will then list all songs by that artist.
        How long has that been there? I never think of clicking that icon [emoji1787]

        Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
          I see tracks from compilation albums under an Artist. What are your behaviour settings?
          Edit. If you actually want to see a list of songs under an Artist then that isn't possible but you can use "search" to find a particular song.
          [ATTACH]38390[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38391[/ATTACH]

          Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
          Thanks slartibartfast, yes I'm also seeing the compilation albums on which are tracks by that artist but I was after ...

          Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
          When Material is showing album's by an artist, in the subtoolbar should be an icon that looks like "(...)" - clicking on this will show a men u with an "All songs" entry. This will then list all songs by that artist.
          Cool, that's exactly what I was searching for
          It's amazing how blind you can be I click on that overflow icon frequently but never saw the entry "All songs"

          Comment

          Working...
          X