Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPi (2012) + Picoreplayer + Topping D10s = Clicks/Pops/Dropouts

Hello,

I am an early user of the Slim Devices SB3 (2006) and LMS, and am excited to have recently found Picoreplayer which I have installed on an early RPi (two USB ports, circa 2012).

I have connected a Topping D10s via USB, and all sounds fantastic, but I'm getting intermittent clicks. I have read though many posts on the forum, and tried all the settings that I can find on the excellent pCP Squeezelite webpage without any success. I have been able to make it worse!!

I would welcome any thoughts, I really believe this setup is fantastic if only...........Thank you.

Roger

Those old boards had lots of usb problems. You can try to change the usb settings on the tweaks page….
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

Originally posted by paul- View Post
      Those old boards had lots of usb problems. You can try to change the usb settings on the tweaks page….
      Went through all the tweaks and did manage to improve it, but no get rid of it totally.

Tried it on a Pi 400 and problem went away! Thanks very much for your help.

Roger

Comment

Does the Topping have a DPLL setting? If so, you can try increasing it. Might be a jitter issue.
        Server: LMS 8.3 on Windows 10 Computer with Synology DS920+ music stored in FLAC or DSF
        Living Room: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Musetec 005 > Krell Digital Vanguard > Dynaudio Focus 360
        Outside: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Gustard X26 Pro > NAD 325BEE > Dynaudio OW-8 & SVS SB3000 Micro
        Home Theater: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 w/Pi2AES Coax > Denon AVR-6700h > Dynaudio Focus 220 MkII, Dynaudio Focus 200C, Dynaudio Audience 42, Definitive Technology Di 8r

Comment

Hello Rogers,

Can you please elaborate the steps how you manage to get music finally? I'm trying to connect my Denafrips AresII with the RPI4. Squeezelite & LMS are running "green ticks" on the main page, how do I proceed from here to test if I have the much needed music indeed?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Narcos View Post
            Hello Rogers,

Can you please elaborate the steps how you manage to get music finally? I'm trying to connect my Denafrips AresII with the RPI4. Squeezelite & LMS are running "green ticks" on the main page, how do I proceed from here to test if I have the much needed music indeed?

TIA
            You can tell it is working if you can hear the music. If you have a spare SD card you could see if you can get your DAC working with Moode. It seems odd that your DAC doesn't appear by name in the drop down list in Squeezelite settings.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Hello Rogers,

TIA
              Is your DAC on and connected when you boot picoreplayer?

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

Gents,

I FINALLY have music what an amazing feeling. I'm listening to radio just now, now I just need to mount my 4Tb usb external drive with 25k albums, any pointers on how to accomplish that "mount disk". I will eventually be using a 1Tb SSD attached to the Rpi, just fyi.

Comment

Gents,

I FINALLY have music what an amazing feeling. I'm listening to radio just now, now I just need to mount my 4Tb usb external drive with 25k albums, any pointers on how to accomplish that "mount disk". I will eventually be using a 1Tb SSD attached to the Rpi, just fyi.
                  Tell us how you got it working then [emoji2]

Comment

Gents,

Its in the "how tos": https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/add_usb_hdd/

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                      Tell us how you got it working then [emoji2]
                      With just a wee bit of trial & error, once you choose the correct “output setting” for your DAC In my case I got it right the 3rd time, I tried hw:CARD=Audio,DEV=0 (thanks to you then, front:card=Audio,DEV=0 and lastly (thanks Paul) iec958:card=Audio xxxx which was the correct choice. Hope this helps someone in the future..

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF4BAD52-7F0E-4724-8A89-A6732F2989B4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1575565

Comment

With just a wee bit of trial & error, once you choose the correct “output setting” for your DAC In my case I got it right the 3rd time, I tried hw:CARD=Audio,DEV=0 (thanks to you then, front:card=Audio,DEV=0 and lastly (thanks Paul) iec958:card=Audio xxxx which was the correct choice. Hope this helps someone in the future..

[ATTACH]38526[/ATTACH]
                        I wonder why the other outputs didn't work. It is possible that the alsa volume was set to zero I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                          I wonder why the other outputs didn't work. It is possible that the alsa volume was set to zero I suppose.

It's my understanding (being a bear of extremley little brain )

hw:CARD= ; front:card= ; and iec958:card=
                          are fundamentally the same command, in that they pass throught the signal unmolested.

Why some work in preference to others is a mystery to me (like life and the universe, #42.)

perhaps its the manner of the usb connection in the software?

ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Man in a van View Post
                            .#42.

ronnie
                            Jackie Robinson? OK Ronnie, I give up...

Jim

Comment

the clue is in slarti's user name

Comment

Working...
                              X