X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mherger View Post

It's a little complicated... The plugin is a bit on the conservative
    side when guessing what format to play. In the above case there's no
    indicator whether the track would be available in lossless or not.
    Therefore the plugin plays safe and falls back to MP3.

I could probably add another lookup to get the missing piece of
    information from the API.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Getting Hi-Res to play

I've tried searching this big thread and elsewhere, but I can't find an answer for my problem.

I have a studio subscription to Qobuz and the plugin works for playing 16-bit, 44.1kHz Flac music. I however can't get hi-res files to stream to my players. I have 24-bit, 192k local files that will play fine to all my players (pCPs, SB classics, SB2), but Qobuz hi res songs always display as ~750-850kbps, 44.1k.

Qobuz settings (plugin v2.6.1) are set to FLAC hi-res. What other settings should I check/change?

Thanks,
      Marc

Comment

Qobuz.com streaming plugin

> I have a studio subscription to Qobuz and the plugin works for playing
        > 16-bit, 44.1kHz Flac music. I however can't get hi-res files to stream
        > to my players. I have 24-bit, 192k local files that will play fine to
        > all my players (pCPs, SB classics, SB2), but Qobuz hi res songs always
        > display as ~750-850kbps, 44.1k.

Are you syncing players? Please note that the SBs can't do 192k. They
        would need to transcode files. The Qobuz plugin would only request the
        highest sample rate possible.

You could set the logging level for plugin.qobuz to INFO
        (Settings/Advanced/Logging), then see what "format_id" is requested.
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by whitman View Post
          Thanks, Jim.

1. Does that mean it's possible in LMS but not yet done? Or just not possible, full stop?

2. No, can't see it in Qobuz's own apps, as you say. I wondered if there was a way for LMS/Material to organise this. It would be so handy, in my view.
          Hello,

You can try this:
          1-Use pluggin "online music integration" to integrate Qobuz library in Daphile
          2-Use Platine/"others navigation Mode" and select Album and Artist Of Album

With Material Skin:
          Go to My Music > Albums : you will see your Favorites. Button AZ ont the top permit to order display by:
          - Album name
          - Artist, Album Name
          - Artist, year, album
          - Year, Album
          - Year, Artist,Album

If you choose My Music > ARtist, it's order by artist name. Then when you choose an artist, you can order Album display like explain.

It's also works with all list created in "others navigation mode"(I created several for different music style)

Comment

Dinosaurs!

Are you syncing players? Please note that the SBs can't do 192k. They
            would need to transcode files. The Qobuz plugin would only request the
            highest sample rate possible.

You could set the logging level for plugin.qobuz to INFO
            (Settings/Advanced/Logging), then see what "format_id" is requested.
            Yes, I'm syncing players with the group plugin.
            Code:
            "format_id":7
            This shows up with group players, as well as with individual players.
            Well, I *thought* I could play hi res files on my players, with the SBs having external dacs connected via coax. I now see that the files are converted down for the SBs. Thanks for pointing that out.
            Last edited by maddymarc; 2022-10-24, 21:43.

Comment

Login problem on LMS, works on the webplayer

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I thought I would try the Qobuz service and signed up for a free month. I'm able to play it on the web but LMS fails. I've reset the password on Qobuz and tested it. I've read a lot on this thread but my best efforts have not solved it. Perhaps some experienced folks can suggest some things.

Code:
              [22-11-27 11:31:59.0421] Plugins::Qobuz::Plugin::postinitPlugin (178) Successfully registered BrowseArtist handler for Qobuz
              [22-11-27 11:33:49.0931] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (700) https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/user/login?app_id=&device_manufacturer_id=e7997eba-4ea6-4278-bb35-6b087fecaf05&password=6a0f89602366551a77fd6e5d1add4c71&username=fermark%40gmail.com
              [22-11-27 11:33:49.2787] Plugins::Qobuz::Plugin::postinitPlugin (178) Successfully registered BrowseArtist handler for Qobuz
              [22-11-27 11:33:49.7642] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::__ANON__ (75) Got DNS response 34.242.8.202 for www.qobuz.com (ttl 60)
              [22-11-27 11:33:50.4182] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (736) Error: 401 Unauthorized
              [22-11-27 11:33:50.4184] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (77) Failed to get token
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.1810] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (700) https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/user/login?app_id=&device_manufacturer_id=e7997eba-4ea6-4278-bb35-6b087fecaf05&password=6a0f89602366551a77fd6e5d1add4c71&username=fermark%40gmail.com
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.1822] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::resolve (43) Using cached DNS response 34.242.8.202 for www.qobuz.com
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.8237] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (736) Error: 401 Unauthorized
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.8238] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (77) Failed to get token
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.8240] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (654) No or invalid username/password available
              [22-11-27 11:34:31.8242] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (786) Need another page? { pageSize => 500, requested => 5000, total => 500 }
              I run LMS on a headless ubuntu server:
              Version: 8.3.1 - 1669444770 @ Sat 26 Nov 2022 07:55:56 AM CET
              Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
              Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
              Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
              Audio::Scan: 0.95
              IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024
              Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
              Last edited by mark-e-mark; 2022-11-27, 19:02. Reason: added password reset info

Comment

There will be more expert replies than mine. However, your log looks like the Username and Password are the problem. I am a satisfied Qobuz subscriber and run the LMS plugin on Daphile, a headless linux setup.

In the LMS Qobuz plugin, the "Qobuz account" is my Username, not my email. It is case-sensitive. In the Qobuz app on Windows, the Login Name is my email. Does your trial version have an account or username in addition to your email?

The password is the same for the plugin and the app.
                Murray
                LMS 8.3.1 (in Daphile), Material Skin and Qobuz plugins. Daphile on minipc server and players. Control by browsers in windows. Musichi for tagging.

Comment

Originally posted by mtreloar View Post
                  There will be more expert replies than mine. However, your log looks like the Username and Password are the problem. I am a satisfied Qobuz subscriber and run the LMS plugin on Daphile, a headless linux setup.

In the LMS Qobuz plugin, the "Qobuz account" is my Username, not my email. It is case-sensitive. In the Qobuz app on Windows, the Login Name is my email. Does your trial version have an account or username in addition to your email?

The password is the same for the plugin and the app.
                  Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the account and the login page, and I use my email address as the user ID. I tried using my first name just in case, but it didn't work. Here's the strange part: when I changed my ID back to my email, LMS logged in. The log shows more data now:

Code:
                  [22-11-27 16:44:09.3263] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::__ANON__ (75) Got DNS response 54.154.3.174 for www.qobuz.com (ttl 60)
                  [22-11-27 16:44:09.9457] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (736) Error: 401 Unauthorized
                  [22-11-27 16:44:09.9460] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (77) Failed to get token
                  [22-11-27 16:44:09.9463] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (654) No or invalid username/password available
                  [22-11-27 16:44:09.9469] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (786) Need another page? { pageSize => 500, requested => 5000, total => 500 }
                  [22-11-27 16:48:09.7238] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (700) https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/user/login?app_id=&device_manufacturer_id=e7997eba-4ea6-4278-bb35-6b087fecaf05&password=6a0f89602366551a77fd6e5d1add4c71&username=fernmark%40gmail.com
                  [22-11-27 16:48:09.7452] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::__ANON__ (75) Got DNS response 54.154.3.174 for www.qobuz.com (ttl 54)
                  [22-11-27 16:48:10.3961] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (720) do {
                                                 description => "Subscriber Qobuz Studio",
                                                       label => "Qobuz Studio",
                            publicId        => "qobuz:user:SWF9nWQecCyVR",
                  [22-11-27 16:48:10.3974] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (700) https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/favorite/getUserFavorites?app_id=&limit=500&user_auth_token=
                  [22-11-27 16:48:10.3987] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::resolve (43) Using cached DNS response 54.154.3.174 for www.qobuz.com
                  [22-11-27 16:48:11.1129] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (720) do {
                                                       large     => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_600.jpg",
                                                       small     => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_230.jpg",
                                                       thumbnail => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_50.jpg",
                                                 qobuz_id => 167_517_907,
                                                 url => "https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/on-a-clear-day-the-oscar-peterson-trio-live-in-zurich-1971-oscar-peterson/i79ygg7betyyc",
                  [22-11-27 16:48:11.1142] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (786) Need another page? { pageSize => 500, requested => 5000, total => 1 }
                  [22-11-27 16:48:51.7853] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (700) https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/favorite/getUserFavorites?app_id=&limit=500&user_auth_token=
                  [22-11-27 16:48:51.7888] Plugins::Qobuz::API::_get (708) found cached response: do {
                                                       large     => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_600.jpg",
                                                       small     => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_230.jpg",
                                                       thumbnail => "https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/yc/ty/i79ygg7betyyc_50.jpg",
                                                 qobuz_id => 167_517_907,
                                                 url => "https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/on-a-clear-day-the-oscar-peterson-trio-live-in-zurich-1971-oscar-peterson/i79ygg7betyyc",
                  [22-11-27 16:48:51.7895] Plugins::Qobuz::API::__ANON__ (786) Need another page? { pageSize => 500, requested => 5000, total => 1 }
                  I have to thank you for making this suggestion. I hope it continues to work!

Comment

Your user id and (encoded) password is in the log ... you should edit them from the log sample and probably change your password on the service.
                    Paul Webster
                    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

> 1. Does that mean it's possible in LMS but not yet done? Or just not
                      > possible, full stop?

It's software... anything can be done :-). But it's work which takes
                      time - which I currently don't have.
                      Originally posted by whitman View Post
                      Michael, understood. And I guess from the lack of replies from others here to this question that there's not much demand for such a facility.
                      Oh yes, there is!

It really would be nice to be able to sort the music in the LMS plugin in the different ways that are available in the Qobuz web player and app.

For example, right now in the LMS plugin, under the artists' "Album" view all albums are bundled together with the alphabetical sorting order.

In the Qobuz web player and app, you can sort the albums by year/release date, and they can be separated by type (studio albums, live, compilations, etc).

This approach to sorting can really help when browsing through the catalogues of artists that you are not that familiar with.

Also, in the LMS plugin, the contents of large box sets are presented as a single list of all tracks bundled together, while in the web player and app the songs are separated under CD1, CD2, CD3, etc.

The other great option for discovering music in the Qobuz web player and app is the possibility to click on the music label's name and see its catalogue.

For example, when I clicked on Folkways Records I have discovered a trove of music that I didn't know of.

I really hope that at some point more of the features that are available in the original app will find its way to the LMS plugin and elevate it to a completely new level.

Comment

Hi,

If you want the comfort of the original app, use lms-connect app. With this app, you can select your music in the app and share it to lms. You find it in the 3rd-party- software section here in this forum. Works like a charm.
                        Greets
                        Christian
                        Raspi 4 as server for various things besides lms
                        Raspi 3 feeding a SPL Phonitor xe for headphones
                        Minidsp shd running squeezelite feeding a poweramp and a pair of Nubert nuvero 70 and 2 elac Sub 2070
                        2 Squeezebox Radios (kitchen and bath)
                        Nubert NuPro A200, AW350 Sub , raspi 3 with hifiberry digi+ for the bedroom
                        raspi A with M2Tech HiFace usb dac and JBL Control 1 for the balcony :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuja View Post
                          ....Also, in the LMS plugin, the contents of large box sets are presented as a single list of all tracks bundled together, while in the web player and app the songs are separated under CD1, CD2, CD3, etc.
                          This does make it difficult to make sense of box sets while using the Qobuz plugin. Oddly enough, when a box set from Qobuz is added to the LMS library, it then shows up as individual discs in My Music, but only when using Material skin, not in the LMS default web interface. The setting for "Group Discs" might have some influence on the default interface behavior.
                          Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

I've been wishing for most of those features for years, but if I understand correctly, the main limitation is the lack of willingness from Qobuz to give mherger access to their APIs, as explained by him in post #2074.

Comment

Originally posted by chavezdaniel View Post
                              I've been wishing for most of those features for years, but if I understand correctly, the main limitation is the lack of willingness from Qobuz to give mherger access to their APIs, as explained by him in post #2074.

Ok, I see!
                              After reading the post #2096, I came to the conclusion that the reason is the temporal lack of free time for the additional work on the plugin, and had hopes that at some point in time it might get updated with more goodies.

I didn't want to sound ungrateful, thank you for the great work @mherger

Comment

Qobuz.com streaming plugin

> I came to the conclusion that the reason is the lack of free time for
                                > the additional work on the plugin, and had hopes that at some point in
                                > time it might get updated with more goodies.

I think it's both: limited spare time, and the lack of documentation.
                                More time could compensate for the missing docs. Or docs could save time
                                in development... But lack of both makes things hard to achieve.

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                                (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...
                                X