Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announce: College Hockey Scores plugin for SuperDateTime

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Announce: College Hockey Scores plugin for SuperDateTime

    Any US college hockey fans out there?

    This plugin displays NCAA Division I college hockey scores via the SuperDateTime plugin. You can select your teams from the College Hockey Scores settings page.

    Unfortunately the website (ESPN) doesn't update the scores very often during the games and sometimes not at all. So then this basically gives you a heads up that there is a game that day and it will give you the final score right after. Sometimes you will get updates during the games though.

    I'm running SC 7.2.1 on XP.

    Let me know if you have any problems. Go St. Cloud State!

    The latest version of this plugin can be manually downloaded here:


    Or via the Extension Downloader in SC 7.3 and higher with this URL:
    Last edited by Mike Meyer; 2009-01-16, 16:11.
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

    #2
    Hi Mike,

    I'm not at all interested in College Hockey, but very much interested in your plugin :-)

    I would like to use this as a basis for a plugin idea that I'm developing, getting traffic info onto my Boom.
    Now, I have SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 and SuperDateTime 5.8.1 running (both on ReadyNAS NV and Windows XP for testing).
    I've also installed your plugin, which seems to get picked up nicely by SqueezeCenter.
    However, I see no trace of your plugin in SuperDateTime, that is I don't see where I can set any option that allows me to show anything from your plugin.

    Am I missing something?

    Thanks.

    Comment


      #3
      My plugin is separate from the SuperDateTime plugin but it calls the API of the SDT plugin. Greg Brown was nice enough to create an API so others can display other information. If you search for API in the SuperDateTime thread you should see some information there.

      You should see College Hockey Scores in the Settings page in the web UI for SqueezeCenter. It doesn't share a settings page with SDT.

      It seems like someone has written a traffic plugin before but I don't remember where I saw it. Maybe not for your area though.

      Have fun!
      PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

      Comment


        #4
        In fact, Greg himself wrote a Chicago traffic plugin that I would recommend getting a hold of.

        PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mike Meyer View Post
          My plugin is separate from the SuperDateTime plugin but it calls the API of the SDT plugin. Greg Brown was nice enough to create an API so others can display other information. If you search for API in the SuperDateTime thread you should see some information there.

          You should see College Hockey Scores in the Settings page in the web UI for SqueezeCenter. It doesn't share a settings page with SDT.

          It seems like someone has written a traffic plugin before but I don't remember where I saw it. Maybe not for your area though.

          Have fun!
          Hi Mike,

          It works as you described, but *where* am I going to see any output from your plugin? I was under the impression that your plugin registered itself with SDT and therefore would be visible somewhere in the SDT space.

          Another, unrelated question: I can't seem to get SDT to adhere to the Date and Time setting in Player Settings. The Date and Time screensaver f.e. does show me a 24H clock, while SDT insists on showing AM/PM. Any hints there?


          Thanks.
          Last edited by sderuiter; 2008-12-02, 22:03. Reason: Added question

          Comment


            #6
            You will only see something on days where there are hockey games. If you select Connecticut or Sacred Heart from the list of teams then you should see something in a few minutes. That is the only hockey game today.

            If you are displaying other sports scores or stock quotes with SDT then these just show up after those.
            PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mike Meyer View Post
              You will only see something on days where there are hockey games. If you select Connecticut or Sacred Heart from the list of teams then you should see something in a few minutes. That is the only hockey game today.

              If you are displaying other sports scores or stock quotes with SDT then these just show up after those.
              Thanks, that worked! I'm off tweaking your code...

              Thanks again.

              Comment


                #8
                I've noticed a bug in my code that I'll try to fix this weekend. It has to do with the Minnesota teams all being renamed to the Gophers. I'll post a new version when I have this fixed. The fix is to change the string ^Minnesota to ^Minnesota$ near the bottom of the plugin.pm file.

                Good times.
                Last edited by Mike Meyer; 2008-12-06, 00:16.
                PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Here is the fixed version if you noticed something strange with Minnesota team names.

                  The latest version of this plugin can be manually downloaded here:


                  Or via the Extension Downloader in SC 7.3 and higher with this URL:
                  Last edited by Mike Meyer; 2009-01-16, 16:12.
                  PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I really need to clean up the website and make the API more visible with cleaner documentation. I can't even remember how it all worked. I also recently added an option to show long text via the API, similar to how the automatic long weather forecasts are displayed.

                    -Greg

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by GoCubs View Post
                      I also recently added an option to show long text via the API, similar to how the automatic long weather forecasts are displayed.
                      Hi Greg.

                      Yeah, I am using the long text option in these plugins when the display string is too long to fit. Works nice! Thanks again for the API.
                      PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mike Meyer View Post
                        Hi Greg.

                        Yeah, I am using the long text option in these plugins when the display string is too long to fit. Works nice! Thanks again for the API.
                        Nice! So if a the teams/scores are too long to fit it'll automatically add it as long text instead? If that's the case maybe I need to borrow some of your code

                        -Greg

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by GoCubs View Post
                          Nice! So if a the teams/scores are too long to fit it'll automatically add it as long text instead? If that's the case maybe I need to borrow some of your code

                          -Greg
                          Yep, I just add up the length of the things I'm displaying and if it is over 23 I use the long text. Twenty-three is probably not perfect in all cases but seems to work well for my stuff. My code is borrowed from you so borrow whatever you want!
                          PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Version for SC 7.3

                            Here is a version that works with SC 7.3.

                            The latest version of this plugin can be manually downloaded here:


                            Or via the Extension Downloader in SC 7.3 and higher with this URL:
                            Last edited by Mike Meyer; 2009-01-16, 16:12.
                            PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Install Via Extension Downloader

                              If anyone wants to install this using the Extension Downloader, the URL for my plugins is:



                              Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks.
                              Last edited by Mike Meyer; 2009-01-02, 20:20.
                              PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X