Synology Docker LMS Step by Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaca-
    I found where my install is running in BRIDGE mode. Do I need to run in HOST mode? Where is the selection for this?
    Also, do I need to do the following:

Run:

docker run -it \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/config":rw \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/music":ro \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/playlist":rw \
    -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro \
    -v "/etc/timezone":"/etc/timezone":ro \
    -p 9000:9000/tcp \
    -p 9090:9090/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/udp \
    lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
    Please note that the http port always has to be a 1:1 mapping. You can't just map it like -p 9002:9000, as Logitech Media Server is telling players on which port to connect. Therefore if you have to use a different http port for LMS (other than 9000) you'll have to set the HTTP_PORT environment variable, too:

docker run -it \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/config":rw \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/music":ro \
    -v "<somewhere>":"/playlist":rw \
    -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro \
    -v "/etc/timezone":"/etc/timezone":ro \
    -p 9002:9002/tcp \
    -p 9090:9090/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/udp \
    -e HTTP_PORT=9002 \
    lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
    Docker compose:

version: '3'
    services:
    lms:
    container_name: lms
    image: lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
    volumes:
    - /<somewhere>:/config:rw
    - /<somewhere>:/music:ro
    - /<somewhere>:/playlist:rw
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
    ports:
    - 9000:9000/tcp
    - 9090:9090/tcp
    - 3483:3483/tcp
    - 3483:3483/udp
    restart: always
    Alternatively you can specify the user and group id to use: For run add:

-e PUID=1000 \
    -e PGID=1000
    For compose add:

environment:
    - PUID=1000
    - PGID=1000

What are the USER and GROUP IDs used for and do I need them?
    Apologies for the bother, but I would like for this to work.
    I am using a DS1517+, INTEL Atom C2538 @ 2.4 GHz, 4 cores, 8 GB of memory, DSM 6.2.4

Thanks for any and all help.

Comment

Good News! I think......
      I restarted, in HOST mode and now I can get the server to respond to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9002!
      But, my sic does not show up. Screenshot below:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	NAS screenshot2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1575617

Comment

I can now see all of music (it was a permission issue).
        However, in the Home screen my player (Transporter) does not show up. If I go into App Gallery which brings up Logitech's Squeezebox site, I can select REMOTE CONTROL and I now have control but only of my Pandora account. My music library does not show.
        Once I hit the 'X' on the Squeezebox website which brings me back to the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9002 LMS HOME page, my Transporter still does not show.
        Another thing, my music only shows under 'Music Folder' and not under 'My Music' - why? I would prefer to have it show under 'My Music'.
        Lastly (hopefully), my Pandora account does not show under 'My Apps' - I suspect it is becaise my player also does not show.

I am almost done and just need a bit more guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoli-557 View Post
          I can now see all of music (it was a permission issue).
          Another thing, my music only shows under 'Music Folder' and not under 'My Music' - why? I would prefer to have it show under 'My Music'.
          Now that the permissions issue is fixed you should run a full scan in LMS and then, if the scan works, you should see the music under "My Music".
          You can initiate the scan from the first page in Settings in the regular "Default" web interface.
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Thanks Paul, that did the deed for the library. Still getting used to the LMS.
            Any idea on why my player does not show up in the LMS?

Comment

Still working with it and the player showed up after I pulled the plug and confirmed the network info.
              I now can get to my music library via a Surface tablet (preferred) all streamed from my Synology DS1517+ - Yay!
              Now to figure out why I can not get Pandora to show up in 'My Apps'.
              I appreciate everyone's help and time!

Comment

Glad you sorted now!
                Ref Pandora maybe try to activate it on mysqueezebox.com .. I don't use it so its wild guess really

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
                3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

Thats the part I am not getting, it IS enabled on Logitechs site....... do not understand.

Comment

In any case, a Synology DS1517+ does indeed work so it can be added to the list of confirmed devices!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoli-557 View Post
                      Thats the part I am not getting, it IS enabled on Logitechs site....... do not understand.
                      Have you enabled mysqueezebox.com integration in the mysqueezebox.com tab of LMS?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                      Bedroom: Radio
                      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
                        Have you enabled mysqueezebox.com integration in the mysqueezebox.com tab of LMS?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                        Ohh yeah that will be it.. Linking new LMS to mysqueezebox.com

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
                        3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

It is all workiing!
                          Dumb Ass me......... had to 'log in' to Squeeze....... on the new LMS.
                          All very nice.
                          Did enable Pandora from the plug-ins and that was it.
                          Thanks to All!
                          I will have an Adult Beverage in Everyone's Honor later tonight!

Comment

Nothing dumb about asking questions and learning mate. Well done for the perseverance and getting it up and working
                            rPi 3b + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 3b + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 3 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on Synology Docker
                            https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
                            Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot. You need to add some delay. On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen. Increase the value of waitusb
                            https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-x-x-Bluetooth

Comment

Just reporting a successful transition to LMS on Synology DSM920+. A few permission issues which were quickly resolved. Tested out the LMS update methodology too. Thanks to all who developed this application.

Comment

Playlists save error

Not exactly sure where to post this… apologies if my aim is off.
                                Running Logitech Media Server 8.2.1 via Docker on a Synology DSM 7.x box.
                                All works fine, but although it can find playlists it can’t seem to save them or update one after loading/removing a song. No errors other than this within LMS:[22-09-12 08:40:40.4446] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::_filehandleFromNam eOrString (86) Error: Could’t open /playlist/60’s.m3u for writing.

I realize it’s a permissions issue, I just don’t know where/how to fix.
                                Within Docker the PUID is assigned to an admin account. PGID 100. The playlists volume mount path is rw.
                                Within DSM shared folder - Permmision for the mapped user is rw, the admin group as well, http has no access and users are RO. There are no NFS permissions set for the volume.
                                I’m missing something, but no idea what. Any nudge in the right direction much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X