[Announce] Spotty 4.5 - improved Ogg direct, Autoplay, multi-user setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus1967 View Post
    I am experiencing the exact same on my setup, but I only hear the click on my Boom, it clicks then jumps to the next track. On my Radio and Touch it displays as if it is playing the track but there is no sound. I am able to play other local media files on my NAS (QNAP). The latest upgrade (last evening) to the QPKG ins6talled LMS 8.2 and Spotty 4.5.3. I have the legacy Helper plugin as I tried to change the Helper plugins and it complained when I removed the legacy one. I have also tried messing with the file formats as suggest to no avail. And there is nothing in the Server Log.

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1624654088 @ Fri Jun 25 23:19:00 CEST 2021
    Hostname: Annapolis
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.10
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
    Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) [Debian 9 stretch] - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv5tel-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.3 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 3
    Not at all sure if this will work in your setup, but worth a try. I was having a similar issue in that, if trying to play a full album, it would play a track without sound for a few seconds, skip to the next, and on and on. On a single track that was, for instance, part of a playlist, there would just be no sound at all and it'd go to the end of the track and stop. What eventually worked for me was completely deinstalling the helper plugin, then rebooedt LMS. No clue as to why it worked to do that, but it did....now Spotify tracks play as they're supposed to. Note that I am running the latest version of 8.1.2, so not on 8.2.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by rgro View Post
      Not at all sure if this will work in your setup, but worth a try. I was having a similar issue in that, if trying to play a full album, it would play a track without sound for a few seconds, skip to the next, and on and on. On a single track that was, for instance, part of a playlist, there would just be no sound at all and it'd go to the end of the track and stop. What eventually worked for me was completely deinstalling the helper plugin, then rebooedt LMS. No clue as to why it worked to do that, but it did....now Spotify tracks play as they're supposed to. Note that I am running the latest version of 8.1.2, so not on 8.2.
      I am prepared to try anything! Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that but alas to no effect, Spotify tracks still appear to be playing on my players but with no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus1967 View Post
        I am prepared to try anything! Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that but alas to no effect, Spotify tracks still appear to be playing on my players but with no sound.
        Darn...too bad. And you've tried a complete power-down and restart on your hardware music server (if that's what you have?) as well as player(s)? I'm useless for any solutions beyond that. Best of luck.
        Rg

System information
        ------------------------
        Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Comment

Hello. Maybe this issue is to do with the new update too then?

A scan of my music files will not complete. It appears to be something to do with Spotty

[21-06-28 23:36:26.9030] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (577) Starting Plugins::Spotty::Importer scan
          [21-06-28 23:36:27.0324] main::main (338) Error: Failed when running main scan: [Can't use string ("0a1b89f5") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API/Token.pm line 141.
          ]
          [21-06-28 23:36:27.0328] main::main (339) Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

If I look at the Spotty plugin settings there is this message:
          "There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Please make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (64-bit!) installed on your system."

And Spotty is not working (Empty)

But it's worked up until now and I've not removed the Visual C++ Runtime (or in fact done anything at all on the machine).
          In fact on checking the machine I can see installed:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86
          Redistributable 10.0.30319
          and
          Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
          (x86) - 14.0.23026

There is one oddity on this machine though:
          System Type: 32-bit operating system (Windows 10), x64-based processor

Any idea what I should do? Should I just install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (64-bit!)?

Thanks for any help.

Oh, and Michael. Thanks for continuing to work on this stuff. It's very much appreciated.
          Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
          Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
          And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Comment

[Announce] Spotty 4.5 - improved Oggdirect, Autoplay, multi-user setup

> I am experiencing the exact same on my setup, but I only hear the click
            > on my Boom, it clicks then jumps to the next track. On my Radio and
            > Touch it displays as if it is playing the track but there is no sound.

Please check the transcoding settings (Settings/Advanced/File Types) in
            LMS. If Ogg Direct is enabled (SPT -> Ogg), turn it off and try again.

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
            (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

> "There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Please
              > make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (64-bit!) installed
              > on your system."
              >
              > Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
              > (x86) - 14.0.23026

You've got the 32-bit version installed, but the spotty helper now is 64
              bit only on Windows. You'll need to install the 64-bit version in
              addition to what you already have (or instead of it).

> There is one oddity on this machine though:
              > System Type: 32-bit operating system (Windows 10), x64-based processor

If that's really 32 bits only, then Spotty would no longer run. I guess
              I'd have to provide another legacy helper support plugin...

> Any idea what I should do? Should I just install Microsoft Visual C++
              > Runtime (64-bit!)?

If that's an option, then yes.
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

Originally posted by ModelCitizen View Post
                Hello. Maybe this issue is to do with the new update too then?

There is one oddity on this machine though:
                System Type: 32-bit operating system (Windows 10), x64-based processor

This was exactly my issue. I had a 32 bit version of Win7 even though the processor supported 64bit; so when Win10 free upgrade came along the upgrade was also to 32bit win10.

I ended up reinstalling windows 10 with the 64 bit version and manually adding in the 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.

Since then all has been good.
                Nicholas

RPi4 / piCorePlayer v8.2.0 /Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1/ Hifiberry Digi+
                3 Chromecast (2 mini x1 Chromecast Audio) 2 UPNP devices
                also use a Gramofon off platform

Comment

Originally posted by andersf View Post
                  Two days ago Spotty decided that it would not play the music.

I run the LMS on a Pi, I also run picoreplayer on another pi. And, yes, they are a bit old and running old versions.

Spotty is at version 4.5.3, and I run the legacy helper for arm6/7 v0.12.0

The log is showing some errors but that is before I try playing anything from spotify (the mac address is the picoreplayer). The UPnP has been there a long time,

Playing from my fileserver works OK, but when I try playing from spotify all is silent.

I run JiveLite on the same Pi that is running LMS and there I can pick a song, but the time progress bar will not move, it stays ar zero.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks,

Anders

Log after the recent reboot:
                  [21-06-27 14:32:09.9635] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1499900819, Thu Jul 13 04:39:28 UTC 2017) per l 5.014002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                  [21-06-27 14:32:36.1150] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) b8:27:eb:7a:eb:41: request not dispatchable!
                  [21-06-27 14:32:37.4506] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
                  [21-06-27 14:32:37.7501] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
                  [21-06-27 14:32:39.2905] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
                  [21-06-27 14:32:41.1699] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) b8:27:eb:7a:eb:41: request not dispatchable!
                  [21-06-27 14:32:46.2202] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) b8:27:eb:7a:eb:41: request not dispatchable!
                  [21-06-27 14:49:06.3665] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
                  [21-06-27 14:49:06.4602] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
                  After reading some more in the thread, I can add that in the file type setting I only have PCM enabled for Spotty, OGG and mp3 are greyed out and thus also inactive, flac is set to inactive (I see the Swedish version of the lms admin so I don't know if the English term is disabled or inactive). I guess that it is the legacy helper that defines these settings?

Comment

Spotty 4.5.3 with LMS on Synology Disk Station

Browsing this thread it seems like I have an outdated setup for LMS but it worked perfectly with Spotty until a few days ago. Now I have the problem that the connection to Spotify works as usual (I have premium account), I can chose titles and they will play, but I do not hear any sound.

LMS 8.0.0-1605892077
                    running on Synology Disk Station DSM 6.2.4-25556
                    Spotty v4.5.3

My devices are
                    5 SB Radios
                    1 SB Touch

Can you help me with this setup or tell me how I can rollback Spotty to the last working version for me? Otherwise my kids will go crazy because they can't listen to their podcasts and music anymore...

And I am not an expert coder or sys admin...

Best,

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                      >
                      If that's really 32 bits only, then Spotty would no longer run. I guess
                      I'd have to provide another legacy helper support plugin...

> Any idea what I should do? Should I just install Microsoft Visual C++
                      > Runtime (64-bit!)?

If that's an option, then yes.
                      It appears it's not. :-(

So I've decided to take the easy option and move LMS installation to a truly 64 bit machine. :-)

Thanks for your help Michael.
                      Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
                      Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
                      And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Comment

> I am experiencing the exact same on my setup, but I only hear the click
                        > on my Boom, it clicks then jumps to the next track. On my Radio and
                        > Touch it displays as if it is playing the track but there is no sound.

Please check the transcoding settings (Settings/Advanced/File Types) in
                        LMS. If Ogg Direct is enabled (SPT -> Ogg), turn it off and try again.
                        Thanks Michael, I had tried based on reading other posts, the Transcoding for Ogg is actual greyed out in my File Types. I did try to turn all transcoding off and choosing one at a time but to not avail (with all turned off I would get errors in the Server Log).
                        Attached Files

Comment

>> Two days ago Spotty decided that it would not play the music.

And before that it did work? Nothing changed you're aware of? No update
                          anywhere?

>> I run the LMS on a Pi, I also run picoreplayer on another pi. And, yes,
                          >> they are a bit old and running old versions.

What kind of Pi, and what version of pCP?

> After reading some more in the thread, I can add that in the file type
                          > setting I only have PCM enabled for Spotty, OGG and mp3 are greyed out
                          > and thus also inactive, flac is set to inactive (I see the Swedish
                          > version of the lms admin so I don't know if the English term is disabled
                          > or inactive).

What about flac? Did you try it?

> I guess that it is the legacy helper that defines these
                          > settings?

Some of them: PCM/FLAC should always be available. Ogg direct depends on
                          the helper indeed. 0.12 wouldn't support it. MP3 requires lame to be
                          installed on your system.
                          Michael

Comment

> Browsing this thread it seems like I have an outdated setup for LMS but
                            > it worked perfectly with Spotty until a few days ago. Now I have the
                            > problem that the connection to Spotify works as usual (I have premium
                            > account), I can chose titles and they will play, but I do not hear any
                            > sound.

Please see my exchange with andersf just before your posting. Sounds
                            similar... Are you living in Sweden, too?

> LMS 8.0.0-1605892077
                            > running on Synology Disk Station DSM 6.2.4-25556
                            > Spotty v4.5.3

What kind of Diskstation? Is there anything in the server.log file?
                            Michael

Comment

> Thanks Michael, I had tried based on reading other posts, the
                              > Transcoding for Ogg is actual greyed out in my File Types. I did try to
                              > turn all transcoding off and choosing one at a time but to not avail
                              > (with all turned off I would get errors in the Server Log).

There are some helper plugins available you want to give a try. The
                              "Spotty ARM Pi0" would be first to start, followed by "Spotty Legacy
                              Helper". Always only install one of these Spotty helper plugins at any time.
                              Michael

Comment

> Thanks Michael, I had tried based on reading other posts, the
                                > Transcoding for Ogg is actual greyed out in my File Types. I did try to
                                > turn all transcoding off and choosing one at a time but to not avail
                                > (with all turned off I would get errors in the Server Log).

There are some helper plugins available you want to give a try. The
                                "Spotty ARM Pi0" would be first to start, followed by "Spotty Legacy
                                Helper". Always only install one of these Spotty helper plugins at any time.
                                I tried each Helper plugin, each one at a time, and the only one that does not throw errors in the LMS log file is the Legacy ARM v6/7 plugin. I am running on a QNAP NAS with with QPackage from Digimaster that bundles Spotty and the helper apps in it. That said...my NAS is about 10 years old and I think it is an ARMv5 architecture:

Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) [Debian 9 stretch] - EN - utf8
                                Platform Architecture: armv5tel-linux

Perhaps my old NAS is off support? Spotty was working prior to the upgrade of the QPKG to 2.1 (which included Spotty 4.5.3)

Thanks again Michael for your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X